Shard bound power scrolls

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited November 2021 in PvP / VvV
“When is this going to happen for all powerscrolls?
if not, why not?

the demonic forces event rewards are shard bound even though 99% of the farming is done in trammel anyway as there is no champ spawn in Hythloth.

can make trammel stuff non shard bound if you want as does not affect the economy but please finally put an end to the dead shard power scroll farming by 14 year vet players who don’t need infinite gold”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The argument is that people will just go and eat them then go back to home shard but at least they'd pay for 2 transfer tokens 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “The masteries are shard bound, and this has not caused any problem”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “The masteries are shard bound, and this has not caused any problem”
    You come to Origin eat the cheaper one and back to Atlantic...  but again you bought 2 tokens 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Shard Bounding items is 50% of what drived the Low Pop Shard CRAZY inflation rise of the last year, and yet someone want MORE Shard Bound items???

The definition of craziness is, ect.... :#
    edited November 2021
    I suggest that shard bound had nothing to do with higher prices but in fact limited edition available for a limited time items were selling for insane amounts look at two best in slot items grips and halo both expensive but stable here is where the debate starts i think you shard bound these and prices will drop on every shard but Atlantic.  Right now i call for i need grips on Pac instant reply in chat let me check Atlantic..
    Limited Time + Shard Bound = Insanely High Prices.
    edited November 2021
    Ivenor said:
    Shard Bounding items is 50% of what drived the Low Pop Shard CRAZY inflation rise of the last year, and yet someone want MORE Shard Bound items???

"Masteries on low pop shards are cheaper than Atlantic, but nice try"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:
    Ivenor said:

1000% RIGHT and accounts that are 14+ with shard shields will just go to any shard they need to to get Power Scrolls just like they did/do with the Masteries.  Pets will be just as easy because Tamers will just go to where the scrolls are or have a Tamer with Shields take your pet to other shards and just buy a pet lotion when pet is returned.
    if we are talking strictly PS  we have to ask who is using them it's been what almost 10 years since we got any new skills? So we have 
    1.pets 
    2. Vets rebuilding or making new characters on new shards and returning players 
    3.the fabled new player 

edited November 2021
    Yoshi said:
    Ivenor said:

Unfortunately almost ALL the other items haver seen a steep rise in prices starting with the genius idea to make them SB: e.g., Event Armor Sets.
    Do you know that there are MANY others play styles in UO beside the "Wack-a-Mole" one, right?
    And some of them, as the aforementioned small Armor Sets collection playstyle, have been de facto DESTROYED by making even the pisspots Shard Bounded...
    Ivenor said:
    Yoshi said:
    Ivenor said:

Unfortunately almost ALL the other items haver seen a steep rise in prices starting with the genius idea to make them SB: e.g., Event Armor Sets.
    Do you know that there are MANY others play styles in UO beside the "Wack-a-Mole" one, right?
    And some of them, as the aforementioned small Armor Sets collection playstyle, have been de facto DESTROYED by making even the pisspots Shard Bounded...
    I must respectfully disagree on Origin for example we help each other if i get a bone helm i call out in chat others put on vendor etc..if your shardmates are price gouging it's not due to SB
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Is the goal here to provide more victims for Atlantic PKs?
    Well in all honesty the goal is to free all other shards from Atlantic clutches ..... how many times have you heard this?
    Price check on vic's bacon 
    It's 12 plat on Atlantic 
    We're not on Atlantic 
     Why should Atlantic prices ever impact Origin?

edited November 2021
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Yoshi said:
    Ivenor said:

I must respectfully disagree on Origin for example we help each other if i get a bone helm i call out in chat others put on vendor etc..if your shardmates are price gouging it's not due to SB

And I must respectfully disagre with you, starting with concept of "ShardMates", that you are lucly to have on Origin, but that that is the exception, not the rules, unfortunately. One can put in any way he prefers, but, IMO, the main effect of the current "Limited Time Events + Shard Bounding" fade has been to cut out form the action, with which they maintained themselves, the bigger part of the "Pop & Mom" Armor Sets Collectors/Traders, and this has had the consequence of a steep rise in the these items prices in the most of the Low Pop Shards...
    edited November 2021
    Jepeth said:
    Is the goal here to provide more victims for Atlantic PKs?
    “14+ year vets are not ‘victims’”
    edited November 2021
    Fine, is the goal here to provide more ‘targets’ for Atlantic PKs?

Not every veteran player has shard shields, either. Plenty of us rely on friends to move things around because we can’t farm them on our home shards. 

Beyond that, pets take power scrolls. Reducing the overall supply helps no one but the person or persons who are in a position to control that supply. 

You are, after all, posting this in the pvp forum. We can only assume your goal here is enhance the pvp side of the game. 
    Jepeth said:

Not every veteran player has shard shields, either. Plenty of us rely on friends to move things around because we can’t farm them on our home shards. 

Beyond that, pets take power scrolls. Reducing the overall supply helps no one but the person or persons who are in a position to control that supply. 
    So you are a selfish Atlantic player upset because the cheap scrolls will go away? Because it would increase the supply on literally every other shard....
    All these arguments are moot there is one shard with a stable affordable economy guess what it is Siege you know the shard bound everything for decades...
    Jepeth said:

You are, after all, posting this in the pvp forum. We can only assume your goal here is enhance the pvp side of the game. 
    "Timeo Yoshi et osseus feles ferentes"... :D ;)

I’m not an Atlantic player. But, yes, I would like to keep the cost of power scrolls from getting higher. I think the shard bound mechanic works well for these special events but I would prefer it not make its way to other aspects of the game. It’s speculation that shard bounding power scrolls on all shard would increase the supply on those shards. My shard is often (and incorrectly) called dead but PKs are at the spawns nearly 24/7.

I’ve been pretty clear on this in other threads: shard transfers time locked to old vet accounts or in the store for an expensive token is a lousy gameplay mechanic. Unless they would like to open the transfers up to everyone (which is what I’d prefer) or close them down entirely (which you could argue NL does for that shard) it’s up to the rest of us to navigate a bad system the best we can.
    "yes to enhance PvP, scrolls will be cheaper on low population shards as a biproduct.

the masteries are evidence of this"
    Yoshi said:
    "yes to enhance PvP, scrolls will be cheaper on low population shards as a biproduct.

the masteries are evidence of this"
    I don't think pvp will increase on smaller shards at all pvpers do not fight for the love of it but for profits pure and simple..
    Masteries are lower because they’re not needed nearly as much as scrolls. Pets need scrolls, they do not need masteries. 

So, to clarify:

-You want to keep people on their shards from skirting their home-grown PKs and getting scrolls elsewhere
    -You want to do this via restricting the supply of scrolls through the shard bound mechanic forcing everyone who wants a power scroll to pay whatever the PK asks or take part in the non-consensual PVP system 
    -The end goal of all of this is you simply want more people to fight

I’m not judging you for having this position. If I were a regular PVPer perhaps I’d want more people to fight, too. But you’re proposing a rather sweeping gameplay change that seems to hinge on “I’m bored.”

Let's look at Pacific not a dead shard but smaller than cats LS etc we have just a few homegrown reds i can sneak in spawns 75 % of the time unless zerg guild from Atlantic is in town ...this us the same on Origin (unless Vic is out of Bacon)..
    edited November 2021
    "How is it a gameplay Change? stopping a bunch of 14 year vetters going to Guam to farm scrolls and shipping them to Atl, when it's the 14 year vetters with the shields who are not even engaging in gameplay, just soloing the champs unchallenged, they're the ones who are changing the intended gampeplay, they put the scrolls in fel, yet farming them on a dead shard is the same as farming on trammel"
  • I paid money every month to get these shields and now everything is going to be shard bound? What is the point of paying for all this time?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited December 2021
    Summoned said:
     What is the point of paying for all this time?
    My understanding of UO is I pay monthly to have access to the servers to play the game.

Very few things are shard bound, and the way I remember the initial posts asking for shard bound it had nothing to do with people being able to sell items elsewhere, but because players on smaller shards found it difficult to access the event content because the dungeons were full of 'tourists'. 

I have played this game for a very long time now, and though I'm not a mind reader, I believe each group of developers have been more focused on creating enjoyable content rather than how rich can a player get selling the stuff they put in game.

Currently only power scrolls from Khaldun dungeon are shard bound. I don't believe there are plans to carry that over to regular champ spawns, in  fact, if I remember right, it was specifically said that they would not.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Summoned said:
    I paid money every month to get these shields and now everything is going to be shard bound? What is the point of paying for all this time?
    They will make your shard shields even more valuable.  I bought a ton of cheap masteries on one shard and just Xfered my chars one at a time to the shard and ate them.  I also have a few pet scrolls on other shards that I will just take the pet there and use them.  If all PSs go shard bound then I will just take players to what ever shard has them the cheapest.