When is

Next developers video? Or meet and greet? 

Will they address 

Pet costumes?
The newsletter?
Multiple bugs
Or are we left with New legacy?? 
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak ;
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Really? You couldn't fit "When is Next developers video? Or meet and greet?" on the subject line?

May the clicks fulfill you. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    This time of year don't expect much..it's Christmas! They have families...be thankful they still take the time to work on the game we all love..or claim to love. Yes I know it's their job's.....

The most wonderful time of year....

Happy Holidays.

• Speaking of Christmas 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    LilyGrace said:
    Really? You couldn't fit "When is Next developers video? Or meet and greet?" on the subject line?

May the clicks fulfill you. 
     :D  
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    on the main UO.com page i found no  helpful information I was not able to answer one of my questions. at the very least the meet and great schedule and video whatever they call them schedule should be posted . am the only one who finds this unacceptable?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Typically yes but given that they pretty much provided the road map for the end of the year back in like September and most of that work is done it's not that much of a bother. 

My assumption is that they are using this time (Nov-Dec) to work on some things for Q1 next year and of course New Legacy. That said, if we go without any new content for Q1 I will be pretty disappointed.
    Yup. This year has already been laid out.

Looking forward to the next dynamic events.
    By new content do we strictly mean more OF event arcs? (Did i mention how great the yukio chain was )
    Without having watched all the videos about ML so no real clue myself what are your expectations?
    If there is no LRC do you think they will have SSI  items or will be moving entirely from item based play?
    If a title is all you gain if you transfer off will you be willing and able to take a year off normal shards to earn it?
    Yes dynamic spawns, dungeons and quests are what we get. 

NL will be interesting to see all the complaints about the power gamers having things in a week.  

I'll play a month or two unless it does have some interesting event arcs.
    Top priority: Bugs!
    Priority 2: Bugs!
    Priority 3: Bugs!
    Lowest Priority: Everything else!
    edited December 2021
    Seth said:
    I agree but let's look at 2 examples 
    The spellbook staps reported in bugs forum by multiple people this is a new item made and implemented by our team not only have they not fixed there's no evidence they have acknowledged it ...

Pet costume again a new item no reported bugs on forum yet it gets a hot fix that in fact breaks it...how and why was this given priority??
    @Mesanna @Kyronix.... 
    Communication goes a long way...
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    I agree but let's look at 2 examples 
    The spellbook staps reported in bugs forum by multiple people this is a new item made and implemented by our team not only have they not fixed there's no evidence they have acknowledged it ...

Pet costume again a new item no reported bugs on forum yet it gets a hot fix that in fact breaks it...how and why was this given priority??
    @ Mesanna @ Kyronix.... 
    Communication goes a long way...
    I know the priorities are 100% correct because 100% of us are playing the game on the buggy client and production servers now and everyday. There is no point developing anything else when the bread and butter is at stake.

I have been nice not to say bad things about NLS but if they continue to ignore current game I am going to be the first to shoot down the NLS.

Why are they wasting time developing legacy version, who are they targeting? New or old players? They expect young generations to be attracted to a legacy version of Ultima Online. They don’t even hear about Ultima Online, so what do they know about legacy.

Old players, the current user base is already a fraction left with 80% or 90% ghost town, and they want last of us to split between production and NLS? So what, ghost town will become worse?

If they cannot manage both NLS and maintain current system at the same time, I would vote to deal with the production shard issues first. Among those I know no one is looking forward to NLS anyway. 

I could comment on the irony of doing a retro shard after decades of saying never but what's done is done. 
    I would like to see in newsletter formnis just what it's gonna be all about i assume it launches on 25th anniversary so under a year if they should have the majority of the framework by now. 
    What i do know is I don't have time for another shard with the continuous events giving us must have items can anyone take a year off chasing a  well we have no clue what do we...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    They've said multiple times in the live stream that this is not a 'classic' 'retro' shard. It's a completely new experience that, if a comparison must be made, is more like the single-player Ultima games or other RPGs than it is a version of OSI from 1999. 

Citations 12 here.

We harped on you in a previous thread about this, but to reiterate, a lot of these qualms you have won't be settled by them sending out a newsletter; especially when they've discussed them in the live-streams. When they do spend the time to do newsletters I'd much rather they not spend time reiterating previous statements.
    Deaf players 
    Non English speakers 
    Players from countries where YouTube might be banned or censored 
    People who don't enjoy watching our team poorly execute videos 

The point be is fixing something that wasn't broken and not asked for is the waste of time... and just further shows how out of touch with the player base the team is...

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    I watched through those videos and condensed them down into the CAH page's more easily readable format (with citations so people could check my work) so as to help our deaf and non-English speaking friends. It's also a tool that people can use to quickly dispense New Legacy information.

But, I assure you, as someone who has worked in ADA compliance, full transcription is expensive and time consuming. Instead of pestering the team to provide you a written summation of their words that is somehow different from the written summation of their words, if this is so important to you perhaps you could take on providing transcription of the videos yourself?

These qualms about the live stream videos aside, stop trying to speak for everyone. Plenty of us are super excited for New Legacy.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Thank you for sharing your opinion. Your feed back is appreciated. The dev team likely will announce when the next communication is coming at an appropriate time.
This discussion has been closed.