Enhanced Items

CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
edited May 2018 in Bugs

*Mervyn mode on*

Please can items that have been enhanced, display this in the name of the item?

Enhanced Towering Wooden Shield of Awesomeness.

I'm being serious by the way, I have never been able to tell if an Item has been enhanced.

If we can clearly see something has not been enhanced, we are likely to be able to make a decision that we would like to enhance it, and maybe buy more of those tools from the online store - so it is in the players, and games best interests.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Does it not say barbed/bloodwood/yew etc?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2018

I can't recall that it does.

I could be wrong, must be an expert crafter somewhere round here.

It just shows you the state crafting has got into. :/

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    These were enhanced with Barbed.

temp.jpg 114.2K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Enhanced items don't say "Enhanced", but what they were enhanced with.  Here is an enhanced Lesser Artifact:

The gold added Luck and "Lower Requirements".
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I agree with Cookie
    Some times it added the material name (golden) some times it doesn't. 

Once or twice a year I myself keep trying to enhance one shield that could be made just that little bit better only to be reminded at the last step you already did that.  :'(
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Perfect examples, thanks guys, shows the issue very clearly.

So if you were to buy something off a vendor, there is a big chance you could not know at that point also.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Good point Cookie
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    another nice addition would be some way to tell whether something can be enhanced or not. It sucks when you break out the forged metal of artifacts for 100% success rate and then get the message that this item can not be enhanced :-/
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    this thread should probably be moved to the bugs forum by the way because the gold example clearly shows that only certain enhancements will display after enhancing. Might increase the chance of a dev reading it too...
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Another vote for some kind of tag on the items. It is silly not to have it.
    edited May 2018
    After checking through my enhanced artifacts, it is only named artifacts that are missing the special material description after being enhanced.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited May 2018
    I say that, I have a bokuto of Quality that i reforged and imbued and enhanced, and that says Yew.. Yet some double and single named artificat bloodwood armour that does not display bloodwood and some normal shields that do not display heartwood.

Hmm, not sure why some do and some don't now.

edited October 2020
    We are still having issues with this.

The following item was recently enhanced with copper, a potential purchaser has no way of knowing i have already enhanced the item and may be dissapointed.

(I had a theory that it may have something to do with the crafter choosing to not "use material colours"  or "mark item" however after testing this was not a factor)

Has the QA department been placed on furlough since May 2018?