5 slot triton went poof (post publish 111)

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited December 2021 in Bugs
"Hadn't logged in for a few days, logged in on my tamer at the bottom of Hythloth dungeon dead, my triton appeared next to me, think it was dead can't tell in black and white, (think that is a little odd in itself, maybe my char was still logged in on server down or something last time i was logged in, i was afk farming)
I left the dungeon, ofcourse triton did not follow me while i'm dead, got ressed, went to my house, logged out/in triton did not appear, had 0 followers, used pet ball of summoning, did not appear, searched the area of Hythloth where i saw it last, used a mooring line on a ship, went to thing that autostables pets in britain...
Called a GM, a GM could not locate.

(GM did not have up to date patch information:) 

This was nothing i hadn't done scores of times before"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited December 2021
    Publish 111 notes state:

Bonded Pet Update

Bonded pets (Non-pack animal) can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet

Dead bonded pets no longer decay until after 24 hours of in-game time have passed
    By your own admission you did not log in for several days, therefore, as the GM informed you, your dead pet had decayed.

IF you had been playing the game instead of expecting your PC to play it for you, you would have known that your character had died and been able to recover your pet before the 24 hours expired.

This is not a bug, this is User Error.
    Re-opened, because the publish notes specify 'in game' time. The question then arises. While the character was not in game, was the pet?  Are dead pets autostabled? or do they remain in game? The GM's message indicates that they remain in game.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited December 2021
    I've been in the middle of an active champ spawn, and then lost internet connection, and subsequently lost internet connectivity for a week.  So, in the likely event the player and their pet die, would be a shame to lose the pet in this situation, eh?  Maybe the pet goes to a stable in this case, so it's moot?

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    As far as I know if your character is dead your pet will not join you when you log in, regardless of if it is dead or alive.  Logging in dead and seeing your pet seems like the first bug...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yeah I didn’t clock it at the time at all, only when I was writing up the account of what happened I thought hmm, that doesn’t make sense”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "i was able to repeat my pet appearing dead next to me when i log in dead, more specifics coming soon, i think this could be a root of the problem"
    edited December 2021
    "FYI @Mariah here is my tamer using Pinco's UI

My pet is set to guard me, i cannot be attacked by the demons as i'm stood the other side of the door and the demons cannot open doors, in this room spawned 2 x demon and 1 x gargoyle so i am not subject to diminishing returns from killing the same monster, i have consume damage mastery running, this does not run out, and Pinco's UI auto insures the artficats.

This set up was fel, so very very rarely did a balron appear next to me as there were no other players on this level of the dungeon, anything up to and including an elder gazer my tamer could actually kill afk with a mage weapon with hit spell if a creature appeared near me, even with a full 2715 luck suit on, very very rarely a red player killed my char.

THERE ARE NO BUTTONS FOR ME TO PRESS.

Why would i sit and watch this for 12 hours?

I made many plat doing this, enough to cover cost of new fully scrolled triton many many times over.

I was advocating many many times for artifacts to be cursed so i could enjoy playing, however this did not happen.

I also do not beleive that the combat training mastery should be lasting forever, should at least have to recast it every 10 mins or so, the mastery also continues to work even without line of site"

Since you asked
    Because AFK play is against the rules of the game.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I blame the sloppy reds on your shard 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    “It seems if you’re still logged in game (dead) at server down, when you log in when servers are up, your pet still appears next to you dead or alive. I think this somehow contributed to the loss of a pet.

Expected result: when logging in dead, to receive the normal splash screen:"