Skill gain silliness

I went into this event arc with 4 characters at 115 or better resisting spells can anyone guess how many of them are 120 now?? Anyone??
That's right 0 zilch zip nadda not a one made it to 120 despite fighting casters lots and lots of casters cursing casting monsters without end.

Now the silliness is i can get on a boat in new haven and with 0 risk or effort be at 120 in half a hour...

This needs to be fixed now new legacy i don't care! Same with parry...

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,972
    edited November 2021
    Ya I can agree with this. I had 10 or more points that could have gone into parry and chiv. The only gain I got was when I remembered to do holy light once a day.

    Don't worry. New Legacy will have a new skill system for you to complain about.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 425
    fight 5-6 sheep with a buckler naked
    parry is way to easy now to get to 120
    train healing at same time good gains
    try it back in 99 to 2007 it sucked lol
  • FoosFoos Posts: 57
    I don't think making skill gain extra difficult for the low population remaining in this game would be a wise move.  I sense sour grapes.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    So having a skill gain through normal means is not the best way?? How on earth would a new player know to use the sheep pen? Or the spectrals in new haven....
  • TimTim Posts: 683
    McDougle said:
    So having a skill gain through normal means is not the best way?? How on earth would a new player know to use the sheep pen? Or the spectrals in new haven....
    I don't know maybe be sociable and ask someone?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    Tim said:
    McDougle said:
    So having a skill gain through normal means is not the best way?? How on earth would a new player know to use the sheep pen? Or the spectrals in new haven....
    I don't know maybe be sociable and ask someone?
    But no right minded person would think these would be a good way to train...
  • TimTim Posts: 683
    McDougle said:
    Tim said:
    McDougle said:
    So having a skill gain through normal means is not the best way?? How on earth would a new player know to use the sheep pen? Or the spectrals in new haven....
    I don't know maybe be sociable and ask someone?
    But no right minded person would think these would be a good way to train...
    They aren't. They are hacks not quit cheats. The proper way to train is to use the skill in game play.

    Yes I do use them when I'm in a hurry but it's almost certainly not how the original designers intended skill gain. The main selling point of the game for me way way back was they didn't use the old kill something then decide where the skill point went method.
Sign In or Register to comment.