Can we get an item or something that brings trade skills with 100 cap to repair levels of skills wit

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited November 2021 in General Discussions
Can we get an item or something that brings trade skills with 100 cap to repair levels of trade skills with 120 cap? For example, blacksmiths can get a 180 skill repair deeds (120.0 cap + 60 skill hammer when creating repair deeds) that never fail ........ BUT carpenter and tinkering are stuck with 100 cap on deeds and the repairs fail 92.75% of the time. There's no balance to this just plain oversight. No reason I should fail repairing stone armor 7 times or jewelry 13 before I get one successful repair when plate/chain/ring never fail repairs. Seriously please. 

... and no, I'm not asking for these skills to be raised to 120.0 cap.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    The 60 skill hammer should also work with carpentry and tinkering.  There are carpentry BODS I simply will not do because there is such a high failure rate even with 100 carpentry and a 30/30 bonus talisman. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    TimSt said:
    The 60 skill hammer should also work with carpentry and tinkering.  There are carpentry BODS I simply will not do because there is such a high failure rate even with 100 carpentry and a 30/30 bonus talisman. 
    The +60 blacksmith hammer will only affect blacksmithing. In fact, I believe the hammer is the only thing that affects repair deeds.

Unfortunately, the repair failure is just as bad using a character with actual skill vs repair deeds. Seriously something needs to be done.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • If a talisman allowed overcapping beyond 100 when creating deeds/repairing, that seems like an already existing item, and could apply to any crafting skill.

Crafting needs some love, already at least a couple of threads on this :)

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Dont repair at 0, you ha e a higher success at higher durability, or at least it seems that way to me.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    They need to give us better tinkering repair success rate. Jewels are already not pof-able, is that not enough to allay their concerns.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    username said:
    TimSt said:
    The +60 blacksmith hammer will only affect blacksmithing. In fact, I believe the hammer is the only thing that affects repair deeds.

Unfortunately, the repair failure is just as bad using a character with actual skill vs repair deeds. Seriously something needs to be done.
    Read "should also work" as "it would be nice if it did work"
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Norry said:
    Dont repair at 0, you ha e a higher success at higher durability, or at least it seems that way to me.
    even if you repair at 40/2xx it’s not uncommon to see multiple repair failures in a row. You know how rng works dont you. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I'm pretty sure that anytime I repair my stuff and it's above double digit durb remaining I've almost never failed. I typically do repair my stuff around 40-50 so that I don't get the message it's breaking while out fighting and I can't remember the last time I've failed (and I repair pretty frequently while doing the dynamic treasures / spawns). 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “What Norry said, chance to repair is based on trade skill + item current durability, I saw a graph once on stratics”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2021
    Yoshi said:
    “What Norry said, chance to repair is based on trade skill + item current durability, I saw a graph once on stratics”
    It’s probably this page. 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Ah this brings back memories.... loved when Order vs Chaos was a thing before factions