We have had several emails asking if the Wildfire cloth is legal, YES it is.

Then why you let this super cool cloth to only few people who sell the cloth for platinum. Why all others players from others shards can get this cloth by farming? Seriously it should be avaible to everyone....there is another exploit people use to sell for platinum recently altered mask of travesty legal or not? this non sense need to stop... be equal to everyone or delete the stuff or give back to original form. @kyronix @Mesanna

Comments

• I remember the Halloween multi hued cloth being a big deal. Those Begging Buggers quick enough with their scissors made some bank.  Then months later we have the metallic cloth dye tubs which gave us all those colors.
  • *Sarcasm mode on* Yes, it's always great when you read something like that here ;) There was, if I remember darkly, something like a clear statement on the part of the producer side. that you can't make cloth in Wildfire from the "cloth items" and everyone who put the scissors on it could also determine that it didn't work. It's great that it worked again for some special more equal people ;) and that they are now being generously rewarded again and allowed to make the big fat they have even bigger - that's wonderful again .... *sarcasm mod off

So much inconsistency really makes you want to puke - sorry for the expletive! There was a suggestion here from various sides to include pigments as a reward. How about including these colour pigments as loot in the Treasures of Monsters - that would take the bumblebees out of the trousers of some crazy tin cans and soften the running through the dungeons in these events a bit. There was already something like that at a Halloween event in 2009 and as far as I can remember, it was a Halloween event that went down really well at the time ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Interesting... how were people able to get the cloth?? I used scissors unsuccessfully to cut it up and was told by several people (perhaps a Dev too?) that they weren't letting it be cut up. That's a bit deceiving...
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited November 2021
    The dyes associated with the event drop should indeed be a reward during the event.

A dye tub with these event hues would be a good new vet reward too.

Seems strange that anything related to using scissors or cutting cloth is something the client has any say in.

@Kyronix, please also fix the demon head platter so it dispenses food while lock down in a house :)

• RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    It was possible to cut up gargish cloth armor and some hats when wildfire first started. Those that knew this were able to collect a good bit, but it was quickly changed via hot fix. Nothing to do with what client portal a player used. It was never possible for the hythloth content.
  • Can someone tell me what this wildfire cloth is and where it comes from?
  • So much speculation on this thread. When/where was the last time you actually saw someone selling/wearing WF cloth/clothes.
     Cloth the same color of the Wildfire drops from the last "Treasures of" event (green ones)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Cloth the same color of the Wildfire drops from the last "Treasures of" event (green ones)
    Did it straight up just drop as cloth or did you have to cut cloth items for it?
    Did it straight up just drop as cloth or did you have to cut cloth items for it?
    It had to be cut up and was only certain cloth items apparently 

Roxo said:
    It was possible to cut up gargish cloth armor and some hats when wildfire first started. Those that knew this were able to collect a good bit, but it was quickly changed via hot fix. Nothing to do with what client portal a player used. It was never possible for the hythloth content.
    Thank you! That would explain it. I don't play as a garg so that's why I wasn't able to get any. We'll just chalk that up as a win for people who play Gargs :) 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Roxo said:

So, to be clear, they EXPLOITED a BUG, and now they are REAWARDED with the LEGIT MARK, so that they can laugh their axe off gating to the bank with the Plats they made.

The Plats they made, let's say it again, EXPLOITING a BUG.

One can't avoid to ask oneself WHO these "lucky"people are... B)
    Not really exploiting anything if they were just playing the game. Now if people are using an illegal client to still obtain it (or after the fix) then that is an exploit. 
    edited November 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Not really exploiting anything if they were just playing the game. Now if people are using an illegal client to still obtain it (or after the fix) then that is an exploit. 

I kindly disagree.

If the WF cloth was non mean to be, but it come in existence anyway, that means that someone literally exploited a bug, i.e. took advantage of some piece of "bad programming" (e.g. banally a DB flag that should have said "this in not allowed" was not set right).

At this point, to be fair toward ALL the palyers and not only toward the... "lucky" ones that in some way "discovered" this (I'm forcing myself to believe in their bona fide and give them kudos for their creativity), the Devs had had two rational choices:

1. Allow EVERYONE to be able to go on to produce WF cloth (and frankly I don't see why they shouldn't: what is of so sacred in the Dynamic Events stuff that one cannot even produce some cloth from it? Isn't have made even the DE Pisspots Shard Bound crazy enough?);
    2. Stop the bug and delete the stuff produded exploiting it for EVERYBODY (as they have done before in similar occasions).

They made instead a third one: allowing ONLY the "lucky dicoverers" to keep thier WF cloth and so doing fatten their Bank Box.

I wrote that I'm forcing myself to believe in the bona fide of the people involved, but a passing mongbat just wispererd to me that the main actors in this "Cut the WF Cloth and get Rich(er) Quickly" scheme were principally always the same people that "casually" get the EVERY TIME the 90% of ALL the EM drops.

So, nothing new here, only the same old racket business...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2021
    “At the end of the day, it’s just a deco item/colour.
    I have no interest in these kind of things”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    “At the end of the day, it’s just a deco item/colour.
    I have no interest in these things”
    Let me translate. 

No real money here..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    So 90% of the EM drops are not earned but given to friends.  That same Mongbat whispered JFK Jr is still alive to me.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Ivenor said:
    keven2002 said:

I kindly disagree.

If the WF cloth was non mean to be, but it come in existence anyway, that means that someone literally exploited a bug, i.e. took advantage of some piece of "bad programming" (e.g. banally a DB flag that should have said "this in not allowed" was not set right).

At this point, to be fair toward ALL the palyers and not only toward the... "lucky" ones that in some way "discovered" this (I'm forcing myself to believe in their bona fide and give them kudos for their creativity), the Devs had had two rational choices:

1. Allow EVERYONE to be able to go on to produce WF cloth (and frankly I don't see why they shouldn't: what is of so sacred in the Dynamic Events stuff that one cannot even produce some cloth from it? Isn't have made even the DE Pisspots Shard Bound crazy enough?);
    2. Stop the bug and delete the stuff produded exploiting it for EVERYBODY (as they have done before in similar occasions).

They made instead a third one: allowing ONLY the "lucky dicoverers" to keep thier WF cloth and so doing fatten their Bank Box.

I wrote that I'm forcing myself to believe in the bona fide of the people involved, but a passing mongbat just wispererd to me that the main actors in this "Cut the WF Cloth and get Rich(er) Quickly" scheme were principally always the same people that "casually" get the EVERY TIME the 90% of ALL the EM drops.

You say this yet if it was an exploit that was heavily abused with ill intent before it could be fixed then we would have seen the market flooded with cloth as people abuse the loophole and dump it cheaply before possible removal etc. 

I also find the last part difficult to believe as cloth is a) impossible to buy regardless of price and seemingly non-existent on Atlantic which is bizarre when the people you say are involved are so active and focused on profiting there. In fact I've only seen one WF object which is a dress and not usually on Atlantic.
  • Strange such things warranted a hotfix.

Just bring new dyes into the picture, either as reward claim items, a vet reward tub, or both.
    edited November 2021
    Fearless said:
    Ivenor said:
    keven2002 said:

I kindly disagree.

You say this yet if it was an exploit that was heavily abused with ill intent before it could be fixed then we would have seen the market flooded with cloth as people abuse the loophole and dump it cheaply before possible removal etc. 

I also find the last part difficult to believe as cloth is a) impossible to buy regardless of price and seemingly non-existent on Atlantic which is bizarre when the people you say are involved are so active and focused on profiting there. In fact I've only seen one WF object which is a dress and not usually on Atlantic.

Pawain said:
    So 90% of the EM drops are not earned but given to friends.  That same Mongbat whispered JFK Jr is still alive to me.
    OK, so, if this is all so innocent, if there are no Big Plats involved and I'm only a paranoid bast*rd, please explain to me why the bug was corrected BUT the cloth created with it made legit but the "production" closed? "Artificial shortage", Marketing 101.

And yes, 90% of the EM Rare drops end in the backpacks of the same few resellers, and that is a fact.
  • Strange such things warranted a hotfix.

Just bring new dyes into the picture, either as reward claim items, a vet reward tub, or both.
    Wouldn't that create more problems than it solves. WF drops suddenly lose their value.
    Strange such things warranted a hotfix.

Exactly.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Fearless said:

Wouldn't that create more problems than it solves. WF drops suddenly lose their value.
    I would say opposite...if people start to cut cloth items for crafting purpose less drops on the market....anyway i dont know why they dont let people cut drop to have fun for cosmetic use....the way they handle it was very bad....legal to have so let it available to anyone
    edited November 2021
    Fortis said:
    Fearless said:

I would say opposite...if people start to cut cloth items for crafting purpose less drops on the market....anyway i dont know why they dont let people cut drop to have fun for cosmetic use....the way they handle it was very bad....legal to have so let it available to anyone

Because the intention is to NOT have it available to everyone. Have you seen the tenfold rise in the prices of VR and Rubble items after the new IDOC rules implementation? A Tent piece has gone from 25 mils to 200 mils, the humble Logs Stack from 500.000 GP to 5 mils...
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Rubbles still drop in idocs 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    @Ivenor the same people get drops from em events because they get more credit at em events. Altho i would say most of them buy them afyer the event to re sell
    Fortis said:
    Rubbles still drop in idocs 

Only the low weight ones, for what I know...
  • Fearless said:

Doubtful.  Dyes don't add the "Of wildfire", etc suffix, as the drop items have.
    edited November 2021
    Norry said:
    @ Ivenor the same people get drops from em events because they get more credit at em events. Altho i would say most of them buy them afyer the event to re sell

The EM Items "biz" is at least 1/3 of what keeps UO afloat.

Please note that personally I find this ABSOLUTELY positive (to have UO going on, I mean...  :)  ), but the consequence is that the EM Items market is an oligopoly

What I find A LOT less appealing is the fact that, partially to save this biz, many of the  "little people's" ones have been merciless destroyed with the GENIAL (and, as today, NEVER really motivated) "Shard Bound Even the Cat T*rd" policy for the Dynamic Events Drops...

• Pawain said:
     Elvis was telling me that Jr was last seen on the mothership headed for Atlantis.

This discussion has been closed.