New Costume change

Is horrible I'm just gonna leave mine off and not buy more if i have to go to groomer after every death...
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    I am not sure if I like this change either, in hythloth when i went my pet died lots yes paragons do that to a pet,  And I will lose its costume every time and have to run out of the dungeon to the stable to put it back on...................hummmmmmmmmmmm, I have to go to a pet stable where a pet groomer is every time.  Might be a big negative to me getting anymore costumes. 
      So far ever since you came out with the malamute costume my pet has died many times and i mean many times and never once lost the costume on my pets death.  This change affects my decision of whether I will ever put it back on once my pet dies.
      Now If you made it so that I could carry the costume bonded to my pet in the pop up window for all the pet commands then it won't be so bad to just apply it again on the fly.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Agreed. I was patiently waiting until they put the Russian Terrier costume in the store because that's the only one I really wanted....now I am going to focus on getting a nice colored Cu because with this change I won't be buying any costumes either. 

Sad.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The reason was many complaints about losing costume yet not one here on the forum?? How many emails does it take to get a major change like this?? Cuz i can send multiple if that's a way to get equality for gargoyles...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I heard of no issues with the costumes.

Now they created an issue.

@Kyronix change it back please .
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Not only does it seem unasked for but a complete 360 on replacement for lost store bought items will everyone who lost a vanity pet be credited?? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    • Due to reported issues of players losing their pet costumes when the pet dies we have made a change that automatically returns the costume to the player upon the death of the pet. Any existing costume credits on a bonded pet will be returned back to their owner upon death if both the pet and owner are located on the same sub-server.
    So before we could get those credits back we had to trade our pet, can we now just kill our bounded pet to get them back to use on another pet?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2021
    comment removed
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    This makes the costume almost worthless unless I want to leave what I am doing every time my pet dies. Please rethink this awful choice. 
    @Mesanna @Kyronix can we please get some acknowledge.....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    So complicated as if reinventing a wheel, it should have same code like the dragon barding, just the looks without damage reduction and removable without destroying it. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    my pet died and now i don't have a costume on it, i was so use to it and liked it but...................was in a dungeon and well nope not leaving to get it put back on, i won't be using a costume till you fix this.

thank you in advance :)
    Sometimes the developers silence is baffling 
    @Kyronix change it back please or make it so I can replace it anyplace(on the fly)   I don't bank sit, we don't do that on siege

I miss the costume on my pet makes her more of a personal pet cause I could put a nice outfit on her :)    
    I never lost the costume on my CU till you made the change, on siege its a total run out of a dungeon just to put it back on also I don't have magery on so its a real run to the groomer.  We can't gate or teleport out to run and put it on quick so my pet can die and and tele out again to put it back on and rince and repeat.

ok thank you I am done with this topic, I hope you devs can come up with a reasonable way to make it easier to put back on the cu on the fly(while hunting)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I'm not sure why this was changed, but I have to agree that it is crazy.
    you wouldn't believe the amount of people
    I have heard say that they won't be getting any of the costumes.
    (some have actually said they wished that they had waited, & wouldn't have purchased it)

you have basically made the costume for bank sitters.
    real tamers go out and hunt.
    pets die quickly when they get over ambitious.
    (mine thinks it can take on 20 Oni's at once)

==================

if people really are losing their costumes
    then make each costume account wide
    meaning that any tamer can use that costume, on that account.

that way, if someone loses their costume
    it would be easier to see whether they purchased it.
    edited November 2021
    I can only assume they received 100s of emails about lots costume to make this sudden change a bit odd not one on either forum but ok....

And need i mention the total lack of communication...
    @Mesanna @Kyronix .....
    Has anybody tried to use the returned costume on another Cu.  Sounds like it is returning it to you as if you sold the pet.
     Lord_Frodo said:
    Has anybody tried to use the returned costume on another Cu.  Sounds like it is returning it to you as if you sold the pet.
    Nobody is interested enough to do that. They bought it for a specific pet and may have changed the pets name like i did to match the costume.

Now he does not match his costume when he dies.

Find a new fix for this issue that was so widespread, we never heard about it.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:

Oh the agony of having a pet that says St Bernard but is actually a Cu Sidhe!!!! How would one ever recover?!?! lmao

Pawain said:

I don't think anyone said "widespread". It was an issue and they fixed it. Just because you never heard about it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. I'm sure there are plenty of bugs out there that you don't know about; does that mean they also don't exist?

Would you prefer the alternative of completely losing the pet costume when your pet dies (that is quite literally losing $$ as there is no other way to obtain these)? I'm sure you would be the first person posting about a fix was needed, had your pet lost it's costume. Just sayin.

**For the record I really don't care either way as I have no desire to reskin my pets; nor would I pay real life $$ for the costumes to ever use one. They could just delete all pet costumes for all I care**
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Oh the agony of having a pet that says St Bernard but is actually a Cu Sidhe!!!! How would one ever recover?!?! lmao

Pawain said:

I don't think anyone said "widespread". It was an issue and they fixed it. Just because you never heard about it, doesn't mean it didn't exist. I'm sure there are plenty of bugs out there that you don't know about; does that mean they also don't exist?

Would you prefer the alternative of completely losing the pet costume when your pet dies (that is quite literally losing $$ as there is no other way to obtain these)? I'm sure you would be the first person posting about a fix was needed, had your pet lost it's costume. Just sayin.

**For the record I really don't care either way as I have no desire to reskin my pets; nor would I pay real life $$ for the costumes to ever use one. They could just delete all pet costumes for all I care**
    Well as i said I only AssUME that they received 100s of emails about this issue as i have seen threads here asking for change totally ignored. even with many many posters complaining take for instance the ghost mob bug that they said they fixed but didn't... the total lack of communication is SOP  and doesn't even bother me anymore. 
    Yupkeven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Pawain said:

You care enough to post in the thread about pet costumes. My pet with a costume died before this. I had no issues. I heard no one in chat saying they lost a costume. Not one post on the forums. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited November 2021
    Again - typical @Pawain. Base all "facts" on your own personal experience only. If it didn't happen to you then it couldn't possibly have happened. Also... you are one to comment on someone making a comment on a thread that doesn't pertain to them as you seem to post on every single thread :) 

Happy Thanksgiving bud... unless you don't recognize that as a holiday and in that case it also doesn't exist  >:)
    edited November 2021
    you can't.
    It is still on the same cu.

==============

the thing is...
    if I am in the same area as my cu
    the costume gets credited to me (because it instantly goes off the pet)

but if I die in Hythloth & run out
    if my pet dies inside before I can use my pet ball
    it comes back with the costume on
    (it only comes off if I am in the same area)

========

I was logging in & out
    to keep my pet from dying
    but my client kept crashing
    this is my last post in this thread promise :)

DEVS I will not buy anymore pet costumes till you fix the change you made, its to hard to leave a dungeon every time my pet dies (siege), or or.............................................................. make the band aids that I use for vet stronger so my pet lives for ever :P

I do like the new costume that came out, they are a very nice cute looking items great addition to the cu's,  Be cool if there was a costume for say a..............unicorn :P   or   triton   :P

please please DEVS reconsider your, remove from pet change.  thank you :)
    Yes is sad st bernard out but I'm not buying 
    edited December 2021
    McDougle said:
    Yes is sad st bernard out but I'm not buying 
    The saint Bernard spills it's keg when it dies or plays dead. 

So now we won't see it.

Change it back or make a new fix. @Kyronix
    They may have changed this.  My St Bernard kept it's costume after he died and ressed.

Thanks if yall did !
    Pawain said:
    They may have changed this.  My St Bernard kept it's costume after he died and ressed.

Thanks if yall did !

I'll give it a test!!!
    Nope still broke um i mean fixed pet died costume returned to me...
    Pawain said:

Thanks if yall did !
    did it die while inside & you were outside of Hythloth?
    when mine dies while I am inside the dungeon, it goes off
    but if it dies while inside & I am outside, it stays on.