new champ

How long will this run? I am currently working lots of OT, and wont have time to really play till thanksgiving week. Thanks.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Was going to be 1 month. So I guess 1 month or till jan.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Doesn't really matter the drop rate is so hight you should be able to equip all you characters in a day or two. I've done it 3 times for 3 belts and a bunch of skulls. Already ran into a player giving belts away because she had so many.

I don't often say this but the drop rate is way too high.

Note I'm using a tamer with an area attack slug (whirlwind)
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited November 2021

nobody said it but atleast Im honest.

2-3 days.  If you miss those youll struggle alot.  After people got their reward they wont do the champ again so youre basically on your own. And you have to do the spawn from lvl 1 to be eligble for a belt reward.

There might be a chance of some more days extra if you play Atlantic though.

And for the love, dont play a mage, they added every auto-dispelling mob there is, youll need a ton of SDI and cast the same spell 5 times cuz of "that spell fizzles" (due to interuptions) Do yourselves a favour, play sampire. 

On Atlantic shard The other mage problem is that level 1 and 2 goes so fast that the system dont even recognize you being there killing stuff. lo and behold if you that stupid that you spend time ressing someone. You can say goodbye to a reward right away doing that.

As a mage youll have to do the spawn 2-3 times to be able to get the reward.

Devs call it good design and well tested.

Our boss has fires around it. Kills sampires instantly.  :D

Use protection. I had no spells fizzle. 9 belts the first day.

But ya this may be dead after a few days. No reason to travel and do dead shards for extra belts.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Ours has the fire too...you just have to run out of it :/ your sampires must be slow ;)

Mine does just fine...I just don't like the Oni's.

edited November 2021
    1/4 of the tamers die when it dies when they walk in the fire trying to loot the corpse.

Popps should complain about the loot on the boss. Should be some decent loot on them.  I got a refinement on the first one and thought this could be worth it.  But that was the only one I saw.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    1/4 of the tamers die when it dies when they walk in the fire trying to loot the corpse.

Popps should complain about the loot on the boss. Should be some decent loot on them.  I got a refinement on the first one and thought this could be worth it.  But that was the only one I saw.
    Agreed,  some roof quality loot would certainly motivate people 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I agree as well. I don't bother looting the boss corpse which is sad. But considering you get a ton of participation drops and unlimited belts I guess that's the sacrifice.

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Pawain said:
    Just move around. I actually just soloed it (as well as the spawn) today as our shard is really dead it just took a bit of time. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited November 2021
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:
    Just move around. I actually just soloed it (as well as the spawn) today as our shard is really dead it just took a bit of time. 
    Anyone who doesn't know not to stand in the fire needs to go back and take MMORPG 101. I mean, RG even knows better, now . . .

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I been using a 120 Bard (music/disc/prov) she is also a 120 mage

Cannot camp the site 24/7 but I done ok IMO.  I even managed to res a few and heal others.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    How do you use this template?  Is it good pvm?  Not being disrespectful.  Have been playing about three years. And, am not familiar with bards.  Think I could do this template which is why I am asking.
  • AlaziAlazi Posts: 17
    Drakelord said:

Cannot camp the site 24/7 but I done ok IMO.  I even managed to res a few and heal others.
    The lack of eval makes me cry... those 20 points you're missing are worth 60 pts of extra SDI on your suit
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Alazi said:
    Drakelord said:

The lack of eval makes me cry... those 20 points you're missing are worth 60 pts of extra SDI on your suit
    I'm a buffing bard so my job is buffing i don't cast a lot 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Buffing bard should be 4 x 120 in bard skills to get the maximum buffs.
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    hi anyone that plays siege able to tell me if the belt from the boss can get a seige blessing?
    thank you
  • as it isn't a container, and can be insured on Prodo, most likely yes

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2021
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:
    @Aragorn ;

Well, congratulations for soloing the entire Spawn.... with several players it still takes quite a bit to kill the Boss, I can imagine how long it took you to solo the entire Spawn....

Out of curiosity, what Shard was this on ?