Whoever added the allosaurus to Eodon t-map spawn hates treasure hunters

The allosaurus is nothing more than a first class timewaster on hoard and trove maps. It's a silly addendum and, dare I say it, even unjustifiably so.

It's a 20k+ HP monster which every single class of t-hunter in existance will struggle to down in a reasonable ammount of time, while hoard and trove maps in Eodon don't even contain rare chest-specials which'll make the time and effort spend on downing them worthwile.

The allosaurus isn't a "fun group activity" either. It's just a semi-fast, dumb knucklehead which occassionally poisons.

They're supposed to carry Eodon trove maps, sheesh, if I want an Eodon trove maps I'll dig up Eodon hoard maps, that'll be way faster. Oh wait, those also spawn allosaurii. Sigh.

Every high-end t-map in every facet can be solo'd in a reasonable ammount of time. Even the renegade changelings on maps in Ilshenar can be done fast if you know what you're doing.

But the allosaurus on Eodon map-spawn... it's just a waste of a fun mini-game, because that's all that t-hunting is these days. The days where a guilds went on map-hunting trips with all ranks in tow are long gone.

Remove this insult to t-hunters in your future updates please and add some other dino. Stop this sillyness, it's ridiculous.
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2021
    Yup. I brought that up when Eodon maps were introduced.  

Definitely a group hunt. Even worse when your map is in T Rex area.

You are just giving Kyronix the idea to put a level in a dynamic champ spawn that that has 100 Allosaurus and 100 dimetrasaur. T Rex was the boss on the test center one.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LeBaiton said:
    Remove this insult to t-hunters in your future updates please and add some other dino. Stop this sillyness, it's ridiculous.
    110% behind this.  I don't even entertain Eodon T-Maps, they just get trashed immediately.  The prospect of having to deal with 2+ Allosaurus is just mind numbing and a complete waste of time and effort.  They have more HP and resists than any of the Champion bosses!  It's stupid!

The 'group' argument is completely pointless, there is no challenge or reward.  If you invite friends to help, they complain of the exact same thing while they sit watching Netflix and their pets wail on said beasts for 5-10 minutes for zero reward.  It's nothing but a time sink just like the ridiculous Remove Trap timer.

Their HP should be the same as the ones that spawn at the champ spawn, waaaay more reasonable!
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Could be worse (from TC):

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
     :D  Kyronix was definitely behind that! 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Trash them less hair pulling 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    they spawn on Supply maps too
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    See the T-rex?
    Now it is my warriors' turn to eat popcorn and watch the fight, and time for my Triton to shine...

See how easy it is to make the spawn tough without anti-life leech and nerfing. Keep characters types and abilities strong and attractive... and make the monsters even stronger and tougher... >:)

Has anyone played the game Crysis Trilogy game... the PC game, our character is so powerful but yet the aliens are even better. Nerf it and its all plain and crap and boring.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I agree there needs to be adjusting to the mob(s) for these maps. 
    edited November 2021
    Yeah, but it proves again it is easy to defeat the puny user character that they should lift some of the limitations of tamers and gargoyles, they should balance the scale by adding, not subtracting... then if they find its too easy, just add more T-Rex like the above... or have machine-gun spell attacks like the Paragons. Sampires are Tofu...
  • Seth said:
    @ popps
    See the T-rex?
    Now it is my warriors' turn to eat popcorn and watch the fight, and time for my Triton to shine...

See how easy it is to make the spawn tough without anti-life leech and nerfing. Keep characters types and abilities strong and attractive... and make the monsters even stronger and tougher... >:)

Has anyone played the game Crysis Trilogy game... the PC game, our character is so powerful but yet the aliens are even better. Nerf it and its all plain and crap and boring.

I don't want it nerfed, I want it gone, completely. Having allosaurus spawn on t-maps in Eodon puts map difficulty and time spend on a whole other level compared to maps that can be dug up in Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno, Trammel or Felucca.

I spend 2 hours killing allosaurii on an Eodon trove map yesterday evening. The fights were completely unavoidable too, I was forced to kill them, because of the (guardian) tags. Then, as my character is still training up Remove Trap, I got three (seriously, wtf) Ancient Guardian allosaurii in a row I had to deal with before I could untrap that frigging chest.

Man, I quit that map after investing 2 hours of my time. And it hurt. I could have done a slew of other maps in between. I'm never going to touch another Eodon map again in my life as long as allosaurus spawn on those bloody things...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    @ popps
    See the T-rex?

@Seth

too bad, though, that the Triton, in the end of all that hard work, will get peanuts.... as compared to what Warriors get when they enter the fray....

What Warriors excel at, and the Rewards intended for that, exceeds, and by far, what Rewards Tamers get when their pets are "the" tool for the job.

Not to mention, the "time" invested which, usually, is a whole lot less for a Warrior as it is for a Tamer.

Result ?

The way that Ultima Online is currently Designed, to my opinion, Tamers spend a whole lot of time in the hunts to gather very little. Warriors, instead, spend a whole lot less time in their hunts and gather a whole lot more for their work.

Now guess why a whole lot of UO players prefer to use a Warrior, rather then a Tamer.....
    edited November 2021
    LeBaiton said:
    Seth said:
    @ popps
    See the T-rex?

I don't want it nerfed, I want it gone, completely. Having allosaurus spawn on t-maps in Eodon puts map difficulty and time spend on a whole other level compared to maps that can be dug up in Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno, Trammel or Felucca.

I spend 2 hours killing allosaurii on an Eodon trove map yesterday evening. The fights were completely unavoidable too, I was forced to kill them, because of the (guardian) tags. Then, as my character is still training up Remove Trap, I got three (seriously, wtf) Ancient Guardian allosaurii in a row I had to deal with before I could untrap that frigging chest.

Man, I quit that map after investing 2 hours of my time. And it hurt. I could have done a slew of other maps in between. I'm never going to touch another Eodon map again in my life as long as allosaurus spawn on those bloody things...
    I entirely sympathize with you.

Unfortunately, there is several hunts in Ultima Online which are not well balanced, at least to my viewing.

They force too much work and time investment, as unfortunately you found out with the Treasure Hunts in Eodon, and in the end give hardly anything as a payout. Other hunts, instead, take only a handfull of minutes and give out a large payout (Champion Spawns with a Sampire come to mind...). Rewards, to my opinion, should be commensurate to the time spent in that hunt, whether alone or in a group.

And it gets worse, when one calls in friends to help as then, splitting the payout makes it even less for each individual who participated to the hunt.

One example of this, is Charybdis which pretty much requires a group to hunt it and yet, the loot on the corpse is quite ridicolous, to my opinion. Finding any Legendary piece on the corpse has probably a lower chance has getting a Luck Mempo.... not to mention, that the number of items on the corpse is so low, that it is hard to imagine how a group of players would ever want to hunt Charybdis unless they are doing specifically to get a Luck Mempo....

The Developers are focused on the new Shard, so, I imagine, there is not much hope that these imbalances might get fixed anytime soon.... yet, I think that @Kyronix should make a sticky inviting UO players to post their feedback about what hunts they find imbalanced out (bad ratio between time invested and reward received) and, at least, for the time being, gather UO players' feedback as to what hunts need to be looked at, and get more balanced out, whenever there will be Developers' time available to address them.
    edited November 2021
    LeBaiton said:

Yes, we all know about fighting a group of T-rex and his minions, Kyronix likes to build ghost-making machines...  :D

By nerf, I was referring to the character template where the game becomes bland over time. Its another topic anyway, so -zipped-.

Yeah, we all know what you mean. Let's keep the topic simpler. ;)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    +1 for removing the dino's from the Eodon maps.

OR they need to add Allosaurus slayer to the list of imbuable mods so that at least if the aren't removed there is a way to cut down the fight.

OR they need to make the loot on the Allosaurus contain some max mod legendary type gear (ie worth the time). 
    keven2002 said:

OR they need to add Allosaurus slayer to the list of imbuable mods so that at least if the aren't removed there is a way to cut down the fight.

OR they need to make the loot on the Allosaurus contain some max mod legendary type gear (ie worth the time). 
    Each one should have a random 120ps
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Don’t do Eodon maps but checked my monsters and it looks like the Allosaurus has about 18000 hit points, pretty good resists and no casting ability making it a rather dumb guardian that takes forever to kill.  Have no idea why it would be guarding a supply map.  Agree with others that hoard and trove maps are intended as a group project but also agree that after you share the gold and jewels you will get less than you would have from soloing a cache map with this being particularly true for Feducca maps since those cache maps have the same level scrolls as the higher level maps.  My point being that hoard and trove maps just really don’t have enough in them to justify a group project.  Also, agree this thing should not be a guardian.  With 18000 hit points and only about 1500 gold and nothing else worth looting on it corpse it’s at best just a waste of resources.

Now if you could tame them 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited November 2021
    keven2002 said:

Allosaurus are vulnerable to Dinosaur Slayer, Reptile Slayer, and Cold Damage. My Sampire can tear apart a discorded Allosaurus within a couple minutes using a 100% Cold Damage Reptile Slayer Double Axe during Honor+EoO with Onslaught+DS. I routinely level up pets on Allosaurus at Sakkhra Village, and use my Sampire to kill them when the pet stops gaining on a particular Allosaurus.
    Although, it is kind of stupid how Dinosaur Slayer counts as a Super Slayer (+100% Damage), rather than a Lesser Slayer (+200% Damage), when Reptile Slayer (Super Slayer, +100% Damage) works on the exact same foes. T-Rex doesn't even have a Slayer for some reason...

LeBaiton said:
    They're supposed to carry Eodon trove maps, sheesh, if I want an Eodon trove maps I'll dig up Eodon hoard maps, that'll be way faster. Oh wait, those also spawn allosaurii. Sigh.
    Nope. I've looted Supply Maps off of wild 18k HP Allosaurus. Never seen them drop a Trove Map.

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Eodon tmaps go only 1 place in my house - the trash can
  • Speaking of T-Maps, i still have yet to see a Legendary Dragon Armor piece. Malas Warrior Maps supposedly drop Dragon Armor...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Malas chests do drop dragon armor.  Sometimes really good artifacts.  Cannot verify I have ever gotten a legendary piece though.
    edited February 2023
    Out of curiosity.... this thread is from over 1 Year ago....

Has by any chance @Kyronix finally removed the Allosaurus from Edon Treasure Maps or, at the very least, made the Loot in their chests worth the considerable extra time that it takes to do Maps in Eodon as compared to other facets, due to what Guardian spawn in Eodon ?

Or are Eodon Treasure Maps still to be headed to the trash bin ?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    popps said:
    Out of curiosity.... this thread is from over 1 Year ago....

Or are Eodon Treasure Maps still to be headed to the trash bin ?
    I toss mine every time, complete waste of my time having to deal with the spawn plus the alice+
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Don't whips come from supply there