Player Vendor question

If I'm selling things on my vendor that are worth more than 1 million gold what happens to that gold since the maximum gold you can have on a vendor is 1 million gold?

How does this work?

Currently having to pay 50k+gp a day for my vendor so I have just under 1 million gp on it currently.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited November 2021
    I think the limit is 1 plat. You can't add but 1M from the menu maybe.

Use a commission vendor for expensive stuff.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I think the limit is 1 plat. You can't add but 1M from the menu maybe.

Use a commission vendor for expensive stuff.
    How expensive are we talking?
  • You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Use a commission vendor for the expensive stuff.  Commission venders don’t charge a daily fee.  I have one of each kind of vendor and both of them have way more than 1 million gold so 1 million is not the max thy can have.
  • I think what you mean is how much can you load them up with, Yes 1m is the limit you can add,  but to load up the vendor just place a book or something and place it on for 20m or whatever amount u require,  get a friend t or another acct o buy its and the vendor will have more than 1m on, so they will stay longer for high end items. Of course remember to refund your friend :)
    I put anything over 500k on commission vendors if there is more than one item or I won't think it will sell in a week.

You have to buy something from the vendor to get more initial gold. And if it's always running out, that's a sign a commission vendor would be better.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Just price BODs in a BOD Book and buy them yourself.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2021
    Vagabond said:
    Too bad that, Commission Vendors are only possible to the House owner.

And, in order to place them, the House is required to be made as Public which many players do not like....., not to mention the fact that they take "lockdowns" for the items that they carry, contrary to the other type of Vendors.....

I have always said it, there should be "Rental" Commission Vendors made available so that also players who do not have a House or, who do not want to make their House Public, could then use them.

@Kyronix , do you please want to give them to UO players ?
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

And, in order to place them, the House is required to be made as Public which many players do not like....., not to mention the fact that they take "lockdowns" for the items that they carry, contrary to the other type of Vendors.....

I have always said it, there should be "Rental" Commission Vendors made available so that also players who do not have a House or, who do not want to make their House Public, could then use them.

@ Kyronix , do you please want to give them to UO players ?
    The trade offs / conditions of the commission vendor are fair considering how you dont have to lose tons of gold to make tons of gold. These drawbacks you mention are really insignificant in my opinion. My house has been made public and my doors are set to owner/co owner. I have never had an issue with the setup. Even if someone got in, nothing would be wrong with that since the containers are secure and if I was there I could kick them out if I wanted. 
    dvvid said:
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

The trade offs / conditions of the commission vendor are fair considering how you dont have to lose tons of gold to make tons of gold. These drawbacks you mention are really insignificant in my opinion. My house has been made public and my doors are set to owner/co owner. I have never had an issue with the setup. Even if someone got in, nothing would be wrong with that since the containers are secure and if I was there I could kick them out if I wanted. 
    My house has been made public and my doors are set to owner/co owner.

Yet, someone with a good patience and with Hiding and Stealthing could follow the owner inside as they open the door to get in, and, if the House is in Felucca, they could kill the owner if they do not have a "I Ban Thee" macro ready to trigger...

I am afraid that, setting a House Public might have some inconveniences and I do not see why Commission Vendors could not be made Rentable to someone friended to the House, not necessarily the owner.

edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

OMFG @popps ALL vendors require that the house be made public and if you are so worried about someone being hidden in your house then use detect hidden before doing anything, it works %1000000000000 and then you can ban them.  PLEASE learn how to play UO.
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

OMFG @ popps ALL vendors require that the house be made public and if you are so worried about someone being hidden in your house then use detect hidden before doing anything, it works %1000000000000 and then you can ban them.  PLEASE learn how to play UO.
    Sure, all vendors require that the house be made public BUT, if one uses a "rental" Vendor, they can have that Vendor on someone else's Public house as a friend....

This, is NOT possible with Commission Vendors, currently.

You have not explained WHY Commission Vendors should not be made "rental" also, as the regular Vendors are....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

OMFG @ popps ALL vendors require that the house be made public and if you are so worried about someone being hidden in your house then use detect hidden before doing anything, it works %1000000000000 and then you can ban them.  PLEASE learn how to play UO.
    Sure, all vendors require that the house be made public BUT, if one uses a "rental" Vendor, they can have that Vendor on someone else's Public house as a friend....

You have not explained WHY Commission Vendors should not be made "rental" also, as the regular Vendors are....

Could it be that the landlord henceforth known as the rentor might not be paid by the tenant henceforth known as the rentee therefore the rentor would have to rely on the honesty of the rentee to pay upon selling any items 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "vendors can hold 2 platinum"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "vendors can hold 2 platinum"
    I'm like the owl seeing how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.  I remove it and go buy some deco when I get 500M. :)
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited November 2021
    Man… just make your own shard with one of the emulators and make it exactly how you want it.

The chances of someone hiding in your house to kill you are incredibly slim and if it happened, who cares? Get resurrected get your corpse and log out. Getting killed in game is not really a big deal. God forbid something random happened in an open world. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This one time when there was a red gate behind a blue gate trick i went through and got PKed but i followed my killer home and haunted them for years staying a ghost 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Vagabond said:

Because that is the way UO designed them you idiot.  Are you seriously that dense that you can not understand a simple thing.  If UO wanted you to be able to use these as a rental then they would have made them that way or do you think the DEVs are so stupid not to have thought about that.  Commission Vendors were made for players on smaller shards to help with the vendor fees and who in their right mind would ever rent you a vendor at their house.
    edited November 2021
    If UO wanted you to be able to use these as a rental then they would have made them that way or do you think the DEVs are so stupid not to have thought about that.  Commission Vendors were made for players on smaller shards to help with the vendor fees and who in their right mind would ever rent you a vendor at their house.
    Who in their right mind would rent to another player a Vendor at their House ?

Are we playing the same UO ?

There is plenty players running Rental Vendors across all Shards on fellow players' UO Houses....

It is possible, for an Account, to ONLY have a House on 1 Shard, and one Shard only with the exception of Siege Perilous and Muegen, aside from the Test Server, of course.

Which it means, that if a player with 1 Account plays more then 1 Shard, they can ONLY and solely have a Commission Vendor on the Account where they own a House, NOT on any other Shard where they cannot have a House but need to be friended or co-owners to someone else's House.

And that is why, in UO, there is PLENTY of players using rented Vendors.... yet, for some odd reasons, these rented Vendors cannot be rented "Commission" Vendors since, on those Shards other then their Main, they cannot be house owners and, thus, place any....

I do not see any valid reason for not making Commission Vendors also be possible to be made Rental "Commission" Vendors.

The only 1 possible reason could be the use of "lockdowns" which Commission Vendors use as compared to the regular Vendors.

Since Commission Vendors use Lockdowns, having another player using a Commission Vendor in someone else's House could cause them trouble with their lockdowns availability if they were to put on that rented Commission Vendor a whole lot of low value items taking up a large number of Lockdowns.

I used the conditional " could ", because, I think this is a "non" issue since the Design of "Rental" Commission Vendors could be set up with the 2 players, the House Owner and the friended player renting the Commission Vendor space, negotiating "how many lockdowns" that Rented Commission Vendor would be allowe as MAX to hold.

Once the agreed upon number of lockdowns for that rented Commission Vendor was agreed upon by the 2 players, that number of lockdowns would be "subtracted" from the entire available number of lockdowns of the House, as a safety measure to avoid "exceeding" the House MAX number of lock downs.

At that point, the player who rented the Commission Vendor, would be allowed to place items on that Vendor ONLY up to the agreed upon max number of lockdowns. Not 1 item more.

If the House has room, and the Rental Commission Vendor has reached the max number of lockdowns, the 2 players, the House owner and the friended player, for that Vendor, could "re-negotiate" the number of lockdowns available if the player was to need more room on that Commission Vendor and the House owner agreed to conceede this availability.

It can be done, me thinks, and I do not understand WHY it is not being done, since it would enhance the enjoyment of players' Vendors within UO players making them available also to friended players, not just the House owners.

Honestly, I do not understand why there is UO players so "conservative" about Ultima Online's gameplay.... I get told this so often, that it is getting old.... UO is what it is, deal with it.

How so ?

Why ain't it possible, if there is room, to enhance gameplay aspects of UO to make it more players' friendly, more enjoyable ?

Why does it HAVE TO BE what it is, stay what it is, and never get bettered  even when it could be bettered ?

I do not get it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Commission Vendors are owner only because they take up the lock downs of the house. I would expect that the developers had a valid reason to make them that way.

Yoshi has answered Deathbringer's question. While you may only give your vendor 1 million in gold, his sales can take that figure up to 2 platinum.
This discussion has been closed.