Hythloth's Rewards : which one(s) do you think have and will retain best selling value ?

2»

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 371
    Popps's question is actually a question asked by a lot of newly returned players.  Seasonal content like this is one of the best ways for returning or casual players to make money.  It's nice that it was posted here where people from all shards can see the discussion vs relying on a shard's general chat.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    edited November 2021
    McDougle said:
    just calling out in general chat on Cats seems like the best way for this specific question to be answered...
    Permanent, retrievable information is always more valuable than fleeting ephemera; like one person asking a question at only one moment in-game.

The game's economy is worthy of discussion! These treasures events items have become some of the most important equipment to hit the game in years and, as many are so found of berating popps about, anyone can earn them with little time and character ability.

I actually don't think we talk enough about what these items are going to do to the economy and playstyles of the game long-term. Shard bound, antique, high-cost, all of those together or none at all on specific items which become intrinsic to how we, new people, and returners all play the game are of real importance. Our dev team made specific choices on these event items and those choices are worthy of  discussion.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    edited November 2021
    Arnold7 said:
    Do not really understand all of the animosity expressed by some players to this discussion.  For players like myself that will only have enough points to claim one or two of the more highly desirable items I think we would find this discussion quite helpful.  I can judge what I think the items are worth to me but I find the information presented by others quite useful sometimes. Also, having an idea of what some of these things are worth would be helpful.  The items I could buy for selling a 179 million gold item would do me a lot more good than the item itself.
    I would first use the items you can use to make your toon be able to fight better.  That way you invest in your own ability to get items in the future.

The boots, SSI epps, the Balron chest. Are great items for a Dexxer. Also the Demon Talisman.

Even if you not have a Dexxer you may make one someday, These items will allow you to make one easier.

Once you have what you want as deco and useful items, then consider gold.  

1.  Use your better template to kill things fast at the start of next dungeon when the drops sell for 5M gold each.

2. Sell drops now for a lower price or get One of the above mentioned items and sell now or after the event.

Getting drops just to sell right now may not serve you best in the long run.  If you did not keep items for yourself. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Violet said:
    Popps's question is actually a question asked by a lot of newly returned players.  Seasonal content like this is one of the best ways for returning or casual players to make money.  It's nice that it was posted here where people from all shards can see the discussion vs relying on a shard's general chat.
    One of the great things about these events! Selling drops can allow a player buy their first pet scrolls.
    edited November 2021
    I'm sure some of the anger towards Popps has to do with him asking things and never following thru.  Also his arguing with answers when they are given.

Just noticed in Popps picture he does not have enough points to buy Epaulets. So, is now the time to ask about buying multiple items for resale.  So all the answers given are useless to him until he has points to buy things.

I have everything I need and luckily I have some points left. Gonna try to get to 1000 just for fun.
    At 10 drops an hour that just 50 more hours!

I have yet to sell any item from these events, I'm a hoarder not a seller.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited November 2021
    Pawain said:
    Why is the deco wildfire lantern so expensive.  Why do we have to pay for any of it. We should be able to make our own prices. They can trust us to price them correctly. 
    I can perceive the sarcasm.... nonetheless, do we remember the initial pricing of the Ostard at last Event ?

It was initially higher (together with other items if I remember it as right...) yet, players complained, gave their valid reasons as to why those initial prices were too high, and the final pricing was lowered.

Please @Pawain , answer to this simple question....

Do you, personally, consider the General Lethe's Epaulettes, intended for Spellcasters, and Lord Morphius' Epaulettes, intended for Warriors, to really be of the same value to players and, thus, rightfully having the same 100 points cost ?

I don't, and many other players also do not think so.

As many have already pointed out, the SSi Epaulettes for Warriors have a significantly higher usefullness to Warriors as compared to the Spellcasters' Epaulettes and whatever usefullness they may have to Spellcasters.... yet, they were priced the same.

And I am curious, to know why, what is that gets computed to then determine the setting of the prices for these Rewards.
    Seth said:

For a newbie, a +10 SSI clean ring could be junk and sell for 10GP but we never see that price because it's bought off the vendor the moment it landed. Sometimes items get sold out in the market and someone posted a new item for sale without reference so he does not know what the last price was.
    Talking about that, I will never understand why it is not possible for crafters to imbue SSI on jewellery....

The only 1 ring that is craftable with SSI and, mind you, only +5% SSI, is a pain (and becomes expensive to craft) to make because SSI has only a "chance" to show up and, with it, there is always Damage Increase which, for some Templates, might be not wanted (not sure if it can be removed with a Whetstone...).

What does Swing Speed Increase have, to NOT be among those properties which crafters can imbue ?

Go figure....

At the very least, the Developers ( @Kyronix ? ) could make an adjustment to the Loot Table and make it more likely that "clean" +10% SSI rings and bracelets could spawn as loot on MoBs....

Pawain said:
    I'm sure some of the anger towards Popps has to do with him asking things and never following thru.  Also his arguing with answers when they are given.

Just noticed in Popps picture he does not have enough points to buy Epaulets. So, is now the time to ask about buying multiple items for resale.  So all the answers given are useless to him until he has points to buy things.

I have everything I need and luckily I have some points left. Gonna try to get to 1000 just for fun.
    At 10 drops an hour that just 50 more hours!

I have yet to sell any item from these events, I'm a hoarder not a seller.

I'm sure some of the anger towards Popps has to do with him asking things and never following thru.  

Well, eventually, I did make a Sampire as I was asked repeatedly to do, didn't I ?

Yet, though, I am not proud of it....

I would have much more preferred to have won my argument with the Developers and have been able to see changes to these Events' Design so as to be able to play with my Tamer, which is what I more enjoy, without having to then suffer a severe loss of the drops' rate as compared to using a Warrior.

Also his arguing with answers when they are given.

That is by no means an arguing for the mere sake of wanting to argue but, rather, a desire for more clarifications.

Often, players who kindly offer help on game's issues, may do it in "cryptical" words, assuming many things as already being known when, often, it is not the case.

I feel that, if one wants to offer help, they need to consider "beyond" the one player asking for that help and consider other UO players with less knowledge, reading those Posts weeks, months, Years down the road and lacking many of the assumed known informations.

What I am trying to say is, that when offering help, I think that such help should be as much as possible a "step-by-step" walkthrough help as being offered and not a 5 words sentence which might mean everything to those writing it, but has hardly any meaning to a lot of non-experienced UO players reading it....

Just noticed in Popps picture he does not have enough points to buy Epaulets. 

I just spent my points in those things which I wanted for myself and my characters. That is the reason for my balance being zero.

Yet, we got another month+ to go so, even though we have other Events which might take time in the game, I expect myself to do more Hythloth and, thus, get more drops which I could use to claim a Reward or 2 to sell so as to make gold to buy other items which I need.

Which is the point of this Thread, to "guide" players towards those items which may have a higher resell value....

I'm a hoarder not a seller.

Money comes, money goes.... often, a UO player needs to buy items... and those items can cost lots (think about Scrolls of Power, Stats Scrolls, Cameos etc. etc.).... therefore, being a seller is not a bad thing when one spends that gold received from selling extra items in the game to buy other items in the game which they need to play with their characters or pets, and not to sell that gold on some RMT web site......
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2021
    popps said:
    Talking about that, I will never understand why it is not possible for crafters to imbue SSI on jewellery....
    We can imbue 10 SSI on each jewel, so the total is 20 SSI. 

A typical warrior's template ideal SSI could be 
    • Jewels: 20 SSI
    • Epaulette: 10 SSI (used to be Insane Tinker Legs)
    • Cameo: 5 SSI (or use Ranger's cloak 5 SSI)
    Melee warriors typically aim for 
    • 35 SSI if their stamina <180 during a fight
    • 25 SSI if stamina maintains >180
    We based this on the popular double axe with a 3.25 secs rating, so that it can achieve 1.25s (max weapon swing speed)

1) So if he can maintain 180 stamina during all fights, then he can either:
    • Jewels: 10 SSI (this frees up one jewel to imbue skills or other specs)
    • Epaulette: 10 SSI
    • Cameo: 5 SSI
    Total: 25 SSI

2) Or, free up the epaulette to use the Blackthorn Epaulette with 140 luck
    • Jewels: 20 SSI
    • Cameo: 5 SSI
    Total: 25 SSI

Well, I just learned about the 25 SSI (quietly) when @Drago posted on why he uses resist in his template. Having high resist magic reduces the effects of the Curse spell, so the stamina is still >180 after getting cursed. 

In addition, I believe he should be using a full metal armour (plate, chain, ring, dragon) to reduce stamina drop caused by melee damage, esp. from heavy hitters monsters like Rend. So his LMC should be 40 or 45. 
    popps said:

At the very least, the Developers ( @ Kyronix ? ) could make an adjustment to the Loot Table and make it more likely that "clean" +10% SSI rings and bracelets could spawn as loot on MoBs....

For the past 5 years, the clean +10 SSI is priced at 20million consistently... I have searched the web and found some clue deep inside Stratics dungeon that the jewels can be found at the Guardian Room in Doom. Then I overhead others talking about demons dropping them as well. 

A jewel with both
    +10 SSI, +35 DI cost alot more
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Several posts have been removed for community reasons.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Please abide by the terms of service when replying to any post.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    @Seth I'm sorry to disagree with you, but popps is correct. You cannot imbue swing speed increase on jewelry, it only appears as loot.

Mages too are often reliant on loot rather that imbuing for mana regen on jewels.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    So we're changing the title to what are arties really worth/what can and can't be imbued?? Asking for a friend  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited November 2021
    Mariah said:
    @ Seth I'm sorry to disagree with you, but popps is correct. You cannot imbue swing speed increase on jewelry, it only appears as loot.

Mages too are often reliant on loot rather that imbuing for mana regen on jewels.

Ah so sorry it’s not imbued it’s from loot, I answered myself in last para.
    McDougle said:
    So we're changing the title to what are arties really worth/what can and can't be imbued?? Asking for a friend  ;)
    Somewhat related, anything which cannot be imbued makes them valuable. 
    edited November 2021
    Seth said:

We can imbue 10 SSI on each jewel, so the total is 20 SSI. 
    Unfortunately, not that I know of.....

While it does is possible to imbue Swing Speed Increase on a Weapon, for some odd mystery within Ultima Online's Design, it is not possible to imbue Swing Speed Increase on jewellery...

Never understood the why of it....

Actually, if there is any sound and valid reason within Ultima Online's Design papers, @Kyronix , could you please share with all of UO players the reasons and logic behind why Swing Speed Increase has been barred from being imbuable on jewellery ?

Thanks.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    edited November 2021
    McDougle said:
    LMAO  How so true.   :#