Nov 1 champ spawn ?

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,798
    edited October 2021
    popps said:
    Violet said:
    Pawain said:
    You can get multiple participation rewards. Not boss drops.

I can see you did not comprehend the patch notes...

Or test on Test Center...

(or read our testing regarding this content on TC)

popps said:
    Well, the Release Notes read : 

Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn

So, my understanding is, that "if" they participate in building the spawn AND to kill the boss, they can get multiples of whatever Reward is intended for killing the Boss....

Popps is correct. Pawain is wrong.  ;)  :D

The release notes say:

Dynamic Champion Spawns

• Adjusted reward distribution for participation and final rewards
    • Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn
    • Only players that have participated in building the spawn are eligible for the final boss reward
    • Visit the champion spawn on TC1 by accessing the moongate at the Britain Commons

They are bullet points so the second one states you are eligible for multiple "participation" rewards which are the Masks apparently.    The next one says you are eligible for the reward (singular) only if you participate in the spawn. you are eligible for one Boss reward and multiple participation trophies, err rewards so @ Pawain is accurate.                                                                                                                                                             
    I think it is necessary to read the 2 lines "combined"....

That is, the 3rd one which mentions the final Boss Reward indicates that it is eligible only if one have contributed to fighting the entire spawn (and of course get looting rights on the Boss), YET, because of the 2nd one, players will be eligible to get these Rewards (as in plural), included the final, Boss Reward, multiple times....

At least, that is the way I understand it.

And to me, it makes sense, so that players will also stay for the Boss killing thus helping those "late comers"..... otherwise, if it was to be only 1 reward possible with the Boss, players would do the spawn, and then vanish when the Boss spawn since for them it would be pointless to fight it, since they already had gotten their one Reward.

@ Kyronix , could you please clarify how it will work ?
    Lemme break it down for you Guy, when it's a bullet point, they are separate parts of a whole, meaning that each point is a summation of a complete thought. if they needed to be combined, they would be in the same bullet point. since they are in different bullet points, they need to be separate "points" Capeesh?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    So which of you (@Victim_Of_Siege @Larisa) ; tested this on tc to see how the actual mechanics work?
    Larisa said:

When is Pawain ever wrong? ;)
    A lot actually. 

And @Victim_Of_Siege will you issue Popps an apology if he is indeed correct?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited October 2021
    Violet said:
    So which of you (@ Victim_Of_Siege @ Larisa)  tested this on tc to see how the actual mechanics work?
    Larisa said:

A lot actually. 

And @ Victim_Of_Siege will you issue Popps an apology if he is indeed correct?
    Must not be a lot because you would point it out any time you could.  I don't see many and I post every day.  I'm at about 99.9% correct I can live with that.  You can't tho.

Yes test center had more than one per account.

But just reading the notes does not say that.

Adjusted reward distribution for participation and final rewards

Could easily mean they increased participation rewards and you only get the final reward when you help with the spawn. Which are both true.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Pawain said:
    Must not be a lot because you would point it out any time you could.  I don't see many and I post every day.  I'm at about 99.9% correct I can live with that.  .

My time is too valuable and I don't care enough to spend it constantly correcting you. You just don't take up that much space in my head. :)
  • Violet said:
    So which of you (@ Victim_Of_Siege @ Larisa)  tested this on tc to see how the actual mechanics work?
    Larisa said:

A lot actually. 

And @ Victim_Of_Siege will you issue Popps an apology if he is indeed correct?
    Incorrect, Popps is a troll and purposefully contradicts any advice given to to him. I wouldn't apologize even if my Momma slapped me and told me I had to. And yes I tested it, is there a point to your post?

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Let us keep the discussion on the latest release notes please.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,798
    edited October 2021
    Rorschach said:
    Let us keep the discussion on the latest release notes please.
    I will if they will.

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Larisa - were the masks the same refurbished artwork as before - the evil clown, plague doctor mask, evil jester, demon head ones that hang on walls?  Hopefully they are new ones instead. They did a great job on the new garg lantern and medusa head ToT treats! 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    No, new artwork, they looked very cool, kind of like the medusa head for trick or treating.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2021
    Hippo said:
    Larisa - were the masks the same refurbished artwork as before - the evil clown, plague doctor mask, evil jester, demon head ones that hang on walls?  Hopefully they are new ones instead. They did a great job on the new garg lantern and medusa head ToT treats! 

this is from a newsletter

I also agree on the trick or treat items.
    love the way they look.
    I found that the lanterns were harder to get
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'm excitedly waiting to see what the boss reward is i know or we think we know it's a sweet looking belt but what else!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Hippo said:

love the way they look.
    If we can wear them like the pumpkin head, it will be nice...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    anyone have a snap shot of the belts from the boss on TC ?

it might not be the exact drop from the boss when the event starts, but it does give a curious mind something to think and look at :)

Thank you for the  information, this has been a good interesting read, I hope we get a bit more information here before the event starts,  little hints from the devs are always good :)
    Goldie said:

it might not be the exact drop from the boss when the event starts, but it does give a curious mind something to think and look at :)

Thank you for the  information, this has been a good interesting read, I hope we get a bit more information here before the event starts,  little hints from the devs are always good :)
    It is that demon belt in the post right before yours. It had no stats on TC.  99.58%
    If they offered these as head wear (i mean the horned ones would fit gargoyle right) transmog potion would sell like hotcakes 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    If they offered these as head wear (i mean the horned ones would fit gargoyle right) transmog potion would sell like hotcakes 
    I was thinking the same thing. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Hippo said:

love the way they look.
    Cool! I will be spending a lot of time collecting those heads :) 

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Now you see why I said I need lots?? They are freakin AWESOME! I still haven't gotten Medusa's head in Trick or Treating :(

k so just a guess :)

these are the possible places for deamons which  has been said will be at the champ spawn
    this is taken from uoguide web site

Abyss Champion SpawnAnkh DungeonBlood DungeonDestard Level 2, Fan Dancer Dojo Level 1, 2, & 3, Fire Dungeon Level 2, Fire TempleHedge MazeHythloth Level 2, 3, & 4, MontorSorcerers Dungeon Level 2, WindWyrm Mountain

after careful thinking my guess for the champ spawn event is............................................................................................... Hedge Maze      :)

oh to have it outdoors after the last few indoor events would be a breath of fresh air :)

this is a guess!  my guess
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Oh the spell dumping that would happen in the hedge mage  <3
    Ya they can go though the walls at the end of the first floor.  The Hedges are shorter.
    thanks Mariah :)

I think that if there is 26 possible places then hedge maze might be one :)

I'm not a fan of an Ilshenar spawn, but then if its outside fresh air, not closed in a dungeon then ok.  But there is no deamons listed in the spawns on that website   woohoo :) still hope
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    McDougle said:
    Oh the spell dumping that would happen in the hedge mage  <3
    I see u gave Mariah your <3
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Goldie said:

Pardon the skin but I think it shows the belt detail best.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Goldie said:

Pardon the skin but I think it shows the belt detail best.
    I guess UO does have a since of hummer, can any body say chastity belt
  • Lord Frodo, stop staring! I know my kneecaps are uneven in height. Birth defect. ;)
    LOL  I just love your new belt, GMing Lock Pick  HEHE
    chastity belt
    there I said it :)

It looks big, I was thinking more along the lines of a wrestlers belt when they win.  Thanks for posting pic of it :)
    Goldie said:
    chastity belt
    there I said it :)

It looks big, I was thinking more along the lines of a wrestlers belt when they win.  Thanks for posting pic of it :)
    Those belts are above the waist and cover the belly where that belt is below the waist and covers a different part of the body, LOL