Can we talk about bugs

How do we know if a bug we've reported is being looked at?

Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I hate cockroaches...

Oh wrong kind of bug ;)

One would assume that if you post the bug on the bug forums it has been seen by the team and put on their never ending list of things to look at.

I would hate to see that list.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I don’t report bugs as much as I’d like to because there is never any confirmation that the bug reports are understood and accepted. Just typing and posting into the void.  Supposedly the devs do read and accept bug reports but it’s hard to believe when there’s really no way to be sure. A simple reply to a bug report “accepted as a bug” would be at least a little helpful. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    dvvid said:
    I don’t report bugs as much as I’d like to because there is never any confirmation that the bug reports are understood and accepted. Just typing and posting into the void.  Supposedly the devs do read and accept bug reports but it’s hard to believe when there’s really no way to be sure. A simple reply to a bug report “accepted as a bug” would be at least a little helpful. 
    Exactly!  maybe monthly status updates..with a top ten list..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Done talking, need action and results. KPI.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    A simple system acknowledgment that the post was read would be nice. Nothing about agree/disagree blah blah blah just saying we saw it would go a long long way.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “When the roof exploit in the orchard was reported,
    misk eventually commented accepting this as a bug after a lot of exploiters tried to comment saying working as intended, still not fixed..

not sure why you want words over action”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    misk eventually commented accepting this as a bug after a lot of exploiters tried to comment saying working as intended, still not fixed..

Well I'm sure no action has taken place at least with 2 bugs i reported .....
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:

Reading comprehension is not one of your strong suit is it.  A SIMPLE system acknowledgement that the post has been read would be nice.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yeah, I agree a read receipt would be nice but we can assume they read almost everything, including all the flame war and locks :D
    That was why we get some of the things we discussed here. It is just they decide when they want to respond, or not.

For bugs, Misk did reply to some of them that are being registered into the system for follow-up.

Bugs should go to the bugs forum.

There are some bugs to which they responded, especially isolated cases. Those that can be solved by GM are easiest, e.g. the satchel bugs that I reported.

The system-wide bugs that require Dev's intervention, or have questions on the design intent, morality, whatever - they may or may not reply.

I am quite sure they read my screaming around for the loss of a bonded pet which I paid for 1000 Sov real cash, which I believe they can track if we lied or really purchased. There were zero responses from multiple forum posts and multiple emails to bugs and even to Mesanna.

And yet, they did respond to several of our requests that are not related to bugs, but other issues such as accounting questions, raffles for Abyss houses that have IDOCed, and replacing the bugged Arcane circles. For the last one, there was no response but "actions" were taken.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2021
    “People have even fixed bugs for the devs and they can’t even copy/paste into default UI to roll out to everyone

Conservative opinions removed
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.