Exit Dungeon/Logging Off looses looting rights ?

13»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    @ popps so you feel it's fair that gargoyles have no way of getting damage reduction? Don't they have to work twice as hard every 60 point attack hits you for only 48 while they receive full damage how can they be rewarded for this 
    Not at all.

Gargoyles have already plenty disadvantages in their suits, the fact that they have to have a higher SSI that Human/Elves can go with, a very limited choice of weapons, and, at least to my opinion, their racial Berserk bonus is useless, pretty much....

So, I think that Gargoyles should get their damage reduction bonus.
    If not to level the playing field make armored swampys move at walking speed...
    Personally, when it comes to working on balancing, rather then "lowering" other Templates capabilities, I would preger "enhancing" the capabilities of those Templates which are the underdogs....

So, instead of seeing swampies move at walking speed, I would prefer to see Gargoyles to be given "something" that would give them their likewise damage reduction....

@popps
    It seems u get it and will have my 100% support for anything.

Some guys just get worse and never learn.

@Larisa
    Great post to kill the pet issue, not sure what the fuss is about. lf someone prefer to let the pet die then they should not logout. Lol
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Popps you should really see the garbage armor I wear and still manage to rake in hundreds of millions and have gotten at least 11 Paroxy Swampies wearing said junk armor.  And in regards to DOOM is you have done 99.99% of the damage to the DF and log out....... you loose all looting rights and progress on that DF  only sympathy for logging out and losing I have are for dropped connections to the game or the internet crashing during a fight. Logging out to save a pet nope just can't conjure any sympathy because you made a choice and choices have consequences. What I find amusing is that you are not a idiot in game but act like one on the forums :)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    LOL  So much for that thread clean up
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited October 2021
    [17/08/28][16:42:18] [Mesanna]: is not an exploit

That pretty much ends any further discussion about logging out and having the pet auto-stabled being considered an "exploit" by anyone.

Thank you @Larisa for reminding to us those Meet & Greet transcripts and Mesanna's and Kyronix's words on the issue.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    edited October 2021
    Tyrath said:
     Popps you should really see the garbage armor I wear and still manage to rake in hundreds of millions and have gotten at least 11 Paroxy Swampies wearing said junk armor.  And in regards to DOOM is you have done 99.99% of the damage to the DF and log out....... you loose all looting rights and progress on that DF  only sympathy for logging out and losing I have are for dropped connections to the game or the internet crashing during a fight. Logging out to save a pet nope just can't conjure any sympathy because you made a choice and choices have consequences. What I find amusing is that you are not a idiot in game but act like one on the forums :)
    @Tyrath ;

could you please describe in detail this "garbage armor" that your character wears, and which permits to your Warrior to gather the keys (included the one from Putrifier) as well as to fight Paroxysmus (solo ?) and earn you 11 Paroxysmus Swampies wearing that "junk" armor ?

Perhaps, you see as garbage what other players might instead see as a hell of a good (and expensive) suit ?

Everyone's pocket is different, perhaps, to some an armor piece that cost 150 millions gps (Feudal Grips come to mind...) is little in-game money, to other players with lesser means, instead, it could be an out of reach armor piece...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “Those meet and greets predate publish 111 when it was possible to lose a pet, it is now not possible for pets to go wild so game mechanics have changed. 
    Therefore logging out to save a pet is now an exploit.
    and @popps think you took that quote of mesanna saying using kindling to log out was not exploit out of context. I agree, If you secure your camp to insta log out that Is fine and not an exploit but you did not secure your camp “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    Whether logging out to save a pet is an exploit or not is a red herring. What I have been wondering is just how far out did @popps go?  To log in screen? or all the way out, quit program?

All the way out would clear cache - as those of us who use EC fully realise, as it's the only current way to get rid of the 'ghost images'.   If the cache is cleared, then the game no longer knows that popps was fighting a paragon balron and does not know that he may or may not have looting rights.  I think I am correct in saying that? Computer savvy folk?  I'm not sure how much, if any, is cleared from a simple return to log in screen. Anyone?

That's not a bug in the game, it's normal practice in computer applications of all types. It has to happen. Making this quite definitely a case of 'user error'.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Looting rights should be controlled at server side, not by local client. If it depends on the client then it could be exploited.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    You have to log out inside the dungeon to get rid of the ghost mobs..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It is checked server side, check is done on players on server, if player has left server this includes logged out, rights goto whoever is logged in on server”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • popps said:
    Tyrath said:
    @ Tyrath 

could you please describe in detail this "garbage armor" that your character wears, and which permits to your Warrior to gather the keys (included the one from Putrifier) as well as to fight Paroxysmus (solo ?) and earn you 11 Paroxysmus Swampies wearing that "junk" armor ?

Perhaps, you see as garbage what other players might instead see as a hell of a good (and expensive) suit ?

Everyone's pocket is different, perhaps, to some an armor piece that cost 150 millions gps (Feudal Grips come to mind...) is little in-game money, to other players with lesser means, instead, it could be an out of reach armor piece...
    No, it's straight up garbage. I have seen stuff in his houses that I wouldn't bother to unravel and he had it worn down to nothing.  I have also played with him for years and though he may die a couple times extra here and there he gets it done.  as i've said before just because you cannot do a thing, doesn't mean it cannot be done. I'll let @Tyrath post his armor if he wants to, but it's bottom of the landfill garbage.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    Yoshi said:
    “Those meet and greets predate publish 111 when it was possible to lose a pet, it is now not possible for pets to go wild so game mechanics have changed. 
    Therefore logging out to save a pet is now an exploit.

Proof? I save every meet and greet and they have said no such thing...those are YOUR words..not theirs. Quit trying to change the game to your liking.  Until THEY say otherwise, it is NOT CHEATING.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    But merv/yoshi is the blacksmith the not runner although he knows a guy of illegal programs is there anyone more qualified to talk about cheating...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    This topic has been addressed fully and is now subject to hijack.
This discussion has been closed.