Two yes two silly questions

1. If i am using the correct 100 weapon is it necessary to use CW ?? 

2. Has anyone tried to use a transmog potion on a costume??
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    No

Costume is in weapon slot. Costume still works if that's what u mean.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    edited October 2021
    According to this

You get a 15% damage increase bonus at 120 chiv.

And this gives a decent breakdown of how it works

So i woukd say it depends on you.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    EOO is 82% + CW 15% so 97%.
    So if you have demon slayer 100%

Today damage bonus is 197%.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I see no difference with my less than 120 chiv.  :/
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    So 15 % DI doesn't CW get this bonus by changing to the lowest resistance type ? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    In short, the 15% damage modifier is also added to the attack on the lowest resistant type. 

If you have 100% cold, the demons may not actually have cold as lowest weakness, could be poison or energy or cold. And there are also other types of spawns. So CW i noticed will increase the damage overall. 
    Yup use it on para demons and some Balrons for lowest resist and the % if you have high chiv.

Rest of the stuff is lowest in cold.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Damage increase caps at 100%, so if you use that on your suit, you wont get a boost from EoO or CW. Damage bonus tho from slayers, stats, and skills is different.

It all confuses me
    edited October 2021
    Pretty sure EoO is a damage modifier. So a demon slayer on a balron gets more damage with EoO. But if you use a specific slayer on the correct mob you get the 200 without EoO.

Most players have the 100DI.

So Seths formula works. 100 DI and 197 modifier to get you right at 300 cap.
    Pawain said:
    Pretty sure EoO is a damage modifier. So a demon slayer on a balron gets more damage with EoO. But if you use a specific slayer on the correct mob you get the 200 without EoO.

Most players have the 100DI.

So Seths formula works. 100 DI and 197 modifier to get you right at 300 cap.
    My bad, I always get mixed up with the terms damage bonus and modifier  :p
    edited October 2021
    No you did it correct. Slayer and EoO go in modifiers. But a single slayer is 200 so that part would be max with just that. Balrons damage benefits from EoO.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    So with 100% DI, Demon Slayer weapon, and Demon Slayer Talisman I would be at 300% DI with a 100% cold weapon.  So EoO, Consecrate Weapon, or Honor do nothing for me as far as damage against a Balron or Demon correct? Where as EoO and Consecrate would help me against a hell hound?

The answer is yes to both questions, but I normally do not use EOO because it suffers double damage from others. If a paragon pops suddenly and let go a barrage of spells...
    edited October 2021
    I noticed my Archer/Tamer does have 120 Chiv.  With a Demon bow and EoO I do not see more damage on a para Balron with Consecrate on.

Just read that link.  The consecrate bonus goes to Damage Increase. Not Damage Modifier.

I guess there was a time when the 100% DI was hard to get...

So I stick by No, Yes.  Since I am sure the OP has 100% DI.
    edited October 2021
    It's very confusing indeed, they need to stick with the proper term in the game, DM or DI... lol.. After sometime, we all forget. 

I thought CW is clarified to be DM, but whether it works as DM or DI there was a post on that as well. I think this is where the uo team should come in. They have been keeping quiet while we figure out basic stuff like this. 

Melee Damage Increase – Ultima Online (uo.com)
    Chivalry changes | Page 2 | Stratics Community Forums
    Damage Calculations - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
    I would blame Norry for bringing that up but I don't want him not to sell me an EM drop that he dont want.  :D

Also K is lurking around and will gladly correct me when I am wrong.  :) As long as she gives me a 10 minute edit window I'm ok with it.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited October 2021
    Riner said:
    So with 100% DI, Demon Slayer weapon, and Demon Slayer Talisman I would be at 300% DI with a 100% cold weapon.  So EoO, Consecrate Weapon, or Honor do nothing for me as far as damage against a Balron or Demon correct? Where as EoO and Consecrate would help me against a hell hound?

Correct. Hell Hound or Elder Gazer both would fall into this category.

I've tested it a ton. When fighting a balron and using the same weapon/attack with 100% DI / Demon Cameo/Demon weapon there is no extra damage from your hit (when you are hitting on the lowest resist - which I believe is energy) by using honor/EoO/CW. I have used all 3 at once and separately to test and the damage range is all the same when you are already at 300% damage. What WILL impact this to do more damage is to lower the balrons energy resist by either onslaught/armor pierce/conductive blast/discord (this is purely impacting targets resist). 

When using the same setup for a Hell Hound / Elder Gazer that 200% you would receive from the double slayer is useless since it isn't their slayer so all 3 would work towards that damage increase total of 300% (note that honor damage increase is based on consecutive hits). Typically when I see a para hell hound or elder gazer I will honor them and try to cast EoO (if there isn't too much spawn around). By mid-HP (and using onslaught) I'm hitting them for 100+ HP per swing of my axe versus 30ish without anything. It really does shift the tide while fighting these.

One additional side note is that EoO will allow double damage from other mobs for melee damage only I believe (spells aren't double damage). I'm about 75% sure that's the case but maybe @PlayerSkillFTW can confirm as I believe that is where I got that from a while back.