Nov 1 champ spawn ?

Hi just looking for some information on the champ spawn thats suppose to be happening on Nov 1st
any information so I can get a bit ready for it be nice :)

thank you :)

Comments

• about all I have seen on it is that it will be called "Horrors of the Dark"  
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    hi ty :)
    I went to test center see if i could find it but i didn't see an alter, champ spawns have alters i am guessing.

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Sounds like we'll be giving the cold/demon slayer  weapons and spellbooks a rest and breaking out fire/undead ones for champ spawn.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The test for this was the spawn in Mistas, but we were told that was not a copy of the live event.
    edited October 2021
    so then it can be anyplace in the world of UO and be any spawn for the different levels?

so going by this name  "Horrors of the Dark"  from Superfrog
    and the possible spawn  fire/undead  from Hippo

thats a good start to figuring out where it might be :)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Gonna be somewhere in the world, definitely with some demons (hehe).  We will most likely deploy the event closer to mid-November so keep an eye on UO.com for full details!
    woow thanks for the response  Kyronix  :)

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    What I sincerely hope, for the Champion Spawn that will start November 1st (or mid-November I seem to understand from @Kyronix ; post ?), is that the Developers changed its Design to one where players will want to work the entire spawn included the boss kill, even if they killed it already and got their Reward already, so as to make sure that "late comers" will be able to have sufficient players working the spawn all the way to the Boss and its kill....

The previous Champion Spawns had the issue that, once players got their Reward from killing the Boss, they lost interest in doing that Champ Spawn again and so, players coming late to it, had trouble and much difficulties to be able to work it all the way to spawn the Boss and kill it, especially if they played lower population shards....

By the way, did anyone try it out on Test Server ?

Is there any incentive to players to want to work this spawn again, even if they got their Reward already from killing the Boss once ?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kyronix said:
    Gonna be somewhere in the world, definitely with some demons (hehe).  We will most likely deploy the event closer to mid-November so keep an eye on UO.com for full details!
    This is an example of great communication!!!!

Tips his nontransmoged top hat  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Kyronix said:

Let it be pinned somewhere now that the DEVs confirmed that the event will NOT start Nov 1 (more like mid Nov) so we can prevent all the nasty comments about "not telling us".
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited October 2021
    Yes - we adjusted the drop scheme for the final boss rewards to address player feedback in dynamic champ spawns.  You can check out the Pub 111 release notes where we list the changes.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Just because uo.com was down for a bit and I couldn't access the publish notes...

Dynamic Champion Spawns

• Adjusted reward distribution for participation and final rewards
    • Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn
    • Only players that have participated in building the spawn are eligible for the final boss reward
    • Visit the champion spawn on TC1 by accessing the moongate at the Britain Commons

So it's still going to be...*Okay so I have to work the spawn a little to get the boss drop...still only one boss drop per account I assume? So low-skill / No-skill players won't get a boss drop unless they can work the spawn.

From what we saw on TC there were several participation rewards but again once you get them you'll probably stop? There were 6 different styles of masks on TC.

Hopefully it will work better this time around.

edited October 2021
    Larisa said:
    Just because uo.com was down for a bit and I couldn't access the publish notes...

Dynamic Champion Spawns

• Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn
    • Only players that have participated in building the spawn are eligible for the final boss reward
    • Visit the champion spawn on TC1 by accessing the moongate at the Britain Commons

So it's still going to be...*Okay so I have to work the spawn a little to get the boss drop...still only one boss drop per account I assume? So low-skill / No-skill players won't get a boss drop unless they can work the spawn.

From what we saw on TC there were several participation rewards but again once you get them you'll probably stop? There were 6 different styles of masks on TC.

Hopefully it will work better this time around.
    .....still only one boss drop per account I assume?
    Well, the Release Notes read : 

Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn

So, my understanding is, that "if" they participate in building the spawn AND to kill the boss, they can get multiples of whatever Reward is intended for killing the Boss....

Otherwise, players would just do it once, get their Reward, and then no longer bother with this spawn.... and so "late comers" would get in trouble to get this spawn done and the Boss killed, for lack of players still participating.... especially on low Population Shards.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    You can get multiple participation rewards. Not boss drops.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    So what i will do is have Anon do the spawn then still bring in other 2 accounts yo help with boss then do spawn wit Garr Grimbeard etc no problems here..
    Yeah the boss drop is the pendant..the participation rewards were those masks.

So ONE pendant...MULTIPLE masks.

Anon....from what I'm reading, you're other 2 accounts will have to actually help advance the spawn, not just come in and kill the boss and get the drop. So even if you have a noob / low-skill character come in and help on lvl 1 that should be enough.

It was a belt on test center.
    Whatever....it could be a ray of sunshine lol the point is ONE Boss drop...MANY participation rewards.

I am hoping to do this one many times...I didn't care for the blue mysterious cubes....and I didn't get many of those odd statue/dart board things...didn't care for them.

These masks are cool and will go with my deco so I need lots :)

Yes fits the demon theme well.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:

I can see you did not comprehend the patch notes...

Or test on Test Center...

(or read our testing regarding this content on TC)

popps said:

Players are eligible for multiple participation rewards based on their contribution to the spawn

So, my understanding is, that "if" they participate in building the spawn AND to kill the boss, they can get multiples of whatever Reward is intended for killing the Boss....

Popps is correct. Pawain is wrong.  ;)  :D

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2021
    Violet said:
    Pawain said:

popps said:

The release notes say:

Dynamic Champion Spawns

They are bullet points so the second one states you are eligible for multiple "participation" rewards which are the Masks apparently.    The next one says you are eligible for the reward (singular) only if you participate in the spawn. you are eligible for one Boss reward and multiple participation trophies, err rewards so @Pawain is accurate.                                                                                                                                                             
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited October 2021
    Yes, reading comprehension is important.

The first line gives you a clue;

Adjusted reward distribution for PARTICIPATION and FINAL rewards.

It will be the same as the other Dynamic Champ spawns...you will be able to get several PARTIC.....PATION (See what I did there? If you're not a fan of RHPS then you won't get it)

ONE FINAL BOSS REWARD

When is Pawain ever wrong? ;)

• Larisa said:
    When is Pawain ever wrong? ;)
    Well, there was that one time, at Band Camp.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited October 2021
    Violet said:
    Pawain said:

popps said:

What?  You get more than 1 Boss drop?  The adjustment was you had to do the spawn to get it.

We shall see who is wrong how it works on live shards.  It does say THE final Boss reward.  No s.

I could see more than 1 per account if it is a blank belt tho.

I liked having to go to other shards to get multiples...
    Larisa said:
    Yeah the boss drop is the pendant..the participation rewards were those masks.

So ONE pendant...MULTIPLE masks.

Anon....from what I'm reading, you're other 2 accounts will have to actually help advance the spawn, not just come in and kill the boss and get the drop. So even if you have a noob / low-skill character come in and help on lvl 1 that should be enough.
    I will do it 3 times start to finish with 3 different accounts 
    edited October 2021
    Violet said:
    Pawain said:

popps said:

The release notes say:

Dynamic Champion Spawns

They are bullet points so the second one states you are eligible for multiple "participation" rewards which are the Masks apparently.    The next one says you are eligible for the reward (singular) only if you participate in the spawn. you are eligible for one Boss reward and multiple participation trophies, err rewards so @ Pawain is accurate.                                                                                                                                                             
    I think it is necessary to read the 2 lines "combined"....

That is, the 3rd one which mentions the final Boss Reward indicates that it is eligible only if one have contributed to fighting the entire spawn (and of course get looting rights on the Boss), YET, because of the 2nd one, players will be eligible to get these Rewards (as in plural), included the final, Boss Reward, multiple times....

At least, that is the way I understand it.

And to me, it makes sense, so that players will also stay for the Boss killing thus helping those "late comers"..... otherwise, if it was to be only 1 reward possible with the Boss, players would do the spawn, and then vanish when the Boss spawn since for them it would be pointless to fight it, since they already had gotten their one Reward.

@Kyronix , could you please clarify how it will work ?
    edited October 2021
    If the drop is not good I think players will just get 1 anyway and not do it more. Especially small shards.

A lot of players shard hopped to get multiples.  Most of the later on fights consisted of shard hoppers and only a few residents.

But if reward is good players will do it a lot.  We shall see.

We don't need clarification it will be here soon enough geez.
    What about more participant rewards is hard to understand? Some of the confused people where the loudest complainers about how hard it was to get page the same confused people complained about people only showing up at end this too is fixed... so what part of being given exactly what you asked for is hard to understand?
  • As long as that sexy belt is still in the works all is well.
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    What about more participant rewards is hard to understand? Some of the confused people where the loudest complainers about how hard it was to get page the same confused people complained about people only showing up at end this too is fixed... so what part of being given exactly what you asked for is hard to understand?
    No one that was on TC is confused about that part.  It was raining them...  I wish it rained cubes.