Simple solution for idoc

Do away with barrels just have everything in house change to shard bound then drop as normal..
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Then the idoc botters will go back to getting everything in .5 secs and since they have 100 accounts they will place a house to sell the stuff on that shard.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Marge said:
    Then the idoc botters will go back to getting everything in .5 secs and since they have 100 accounts they will place a house to sell the stuff on that shard.
    Ok keep barrels but i still think shard bound is good 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    How about we have everything go into a packing crate and when the player comes back he/she pays $50 to get it all back.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    How about we have everything go into a packing crate and when the player comes back he/she pays $50 to get it all back.
    I would say this is the better solution based on the current state of UO population. 

I left the game 3 times and in 2015 I may not have returned because
    • I lost all my items when my castle fell including a crate of soul stones.
    Non-shard bound restrictions made it easier for me to buy items at Atlantic and rebuild my characters quickly. 

The game is designed now that heavily penalise you for leaving the game, because coming back will be super painful with all new items being shard bound. 

If I return now instead of 2015, I will choose to squeeze into the cramped Atlantic shard since that is where I can buy almost everything with a good supply and at a better price because of competition. 

All other shards, items will become expensive and overpriced, shortage of stocks, and soon become real ghost town. I am not young and I am not afraid to say I won't live forever and my children will not take over my accounts because they only play games on smartphones. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • No. It's even easier: delete everything when the house falls. No more drama. At all.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “Stop placing your houses in trammel is another solution.
    I never understand how anyone can own a house on a facet that only blues can access.

Isn’t it really inconvenient to collect/drop off items?
    Or you all keep all 5-7 of your chars blue 100% of the time?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,791
    All 76 of my characters are blue 100% of the time. I do not like PvP.
  • Yoshi said:
    “Or you all keep all 5-7 of your chars blue 100% of the time?”
    Didn't we answer this already?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I also prefer to do crafting, however I’ve accepted the King’s shilling”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • looploop Posts: 302
    Vagabond said:
    No. It's even easier: delete everything when the house falls. No more drama. At all.
    Just move it to some secured storage that the player can access later so they don't lose all their stuff. The negative consequence would be that the player would lose their house plot, need to re-organize, etc. This, to my mind, is the most ethical "solution" to IDOCs considering the exploitative monetization model of UO: "keep paying or else you lose everything, including all the stuff we charge you extra for". Charging for the "privilege" of being able to retain your stuff is even more exploitative.

While I think the barrel-smashing gameification of IDOCs, however Mobile-game-adjacent it may seem, was a step in a better direction, ultimately IDOCs don't make a whole lot of sense in the post-Trammel context. At the end of the day, people want free stuff without any risk, but why should looting a house be considered a karma-neutral activity? And if we conceive of it as a karma-negative activity, which may give meaning to adversarial interactions between players, doesn't that open up further opportunities to gameify the system?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    I don't see a real problem here.  IDOCs are luxury feature - chance at free loot and placing a house.   Bots and scripting is a by-product of a 30 year old client thats still supported.  2 separate issues.