Increasing size of ring gumps

DragoDrago Posts: 290
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
Has this been considered? They're really small in today's game resolution for most players.  I can't imagine this requiring alot of heavy lifting.
  • Its a circular object. Should only be few artwork files to update.  No need to update multiple frames to turn object etc.. and no animation
  • They're hard to see on auction safes.  Object handler doesn't work well when safes are in a large house with other items.
  1. Increase size of ring gumps?15 votes
    1. Yes
      86.67%
    2. No
      13.33%
Tagged:

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Maybe just drop the garg only on garg rings and bracs and make all the jewels those graphics. Much larger and much easier to see the garg jewels. And never made sense to me that gargs can wear the tiny human/elf jewels but humans/elves can't wear the garg jewels.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    They need to resize the ring and bracelet for both clients. For Classic the Talisman is bigger than the man's head, I think we can throw at a mongbat to kill it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    no, its one of the only things that doesnt take up much pack space or vendor backback space.  keep them small

EC can afford them to be big, we have to squint our eyes to find the little dot. 
    Seth said:
    EC can afford them to be big, we have to squint our eyes to find the little dot. 

CC can as well since most people put them in bags inside of the pack instead of having them scattered all of the pack and trying to find the little things.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    they are too small.
    I wouldn't want them as big as the gargoyle ring
    because at one glance, we can tell them apart.

in CC, it hurts my eyes to try to find them in my backpack
    (they blend in too much)
    And it takes long time to try to target them for insurance
    (which is why I find myself playing EC more & more)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Use the item insurance menu instead”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Make them the same general size as the Gargoyle ring, but a different shape. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Make them the same general size as the Gargoyle ring, but a different shape. 
    Don't start making sense now  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Yoshi said:
    “Use the item insurance menu instead”
    that works to insure it
    which also makes it easier to read the stats on the ring.
    but what if you have more than one ring & they are the same color?
    sometimes it takes a bit to hover over the ring
    you have to do it just right.

usually that is when I will switch to EC
    because I can use a search feature to find what I need.
    There are people who will never switch to EC
    (i used to be one of those people, because it hurts my eyes
    but the more I have played it, it hurts my eyes when I log into CC)
    Tyrath said:
    Seth said:

CC can as well since most people put them in bags inside of the pack instead of having them scattered all of the pack and trying to find the little things.
    Yes ofcourse, but as Smoot says the CC backpack is small. Perhaps they need to make the cc backpack bigger first.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Can't you decrease gump size in CC?
    I tossed a ring around this corpse and it is so hard to find it. Can anyone locate the ring in like 3 seconds? The jewels need to be made bigger.

• MorgothMorgoth Posts: 13
    Found it... Took 10+ seconds. 

Nocturn earrings, Jaana's Staff, swamp tile reward from spawn drops, pitchforks are also very hard to find in packs.
    Why are we so against anything that helps someone are we really so selfish..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Coming from the guy that wants a players Giant Beetle to go wild because he fears some made up EJ conspiracy.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Coming from the guy that wants a players Giant Beetle to go wild because he fears some made up EJ conspiracy.
    Yet weeks in not a single pack animal lost....
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2021
    Morgoth said:

That's not it, it's just the dust or dead pixel on your monitor
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Aragorn said:
    Morgoth said:

:D  I found 3 pieces of dust on my phone.  I still don't see a ring.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 13
    edited October 2021
    Spoiler...  Far right column... Sixth row down

Aragorn said:
    Morgoth said:

:D 
    You get used to searching because the jewelry box ignores the open spot at top of your pack and just inserts it anywhere whillynilly like
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2021
    I found it in Two seconds. But then I’ve been using EC for years and am now trained in the art of finding tiny things in yer pack.   And for you Excel junkies it’s in F13

I found it in Two seconds. But then I’ve been using EC for years and am now trained in the art of finding tiny things in yer pack.   And for you Excel junkies it’s in F13

You must be young and vibrant, maybe 20-years old only...

It's still better to be bigger, so when we are tired we can find anything in under 0.5 seconds. Sometimes we are so tired that we didn't even see the huge Paragon Balron in the room before running in. It's always good to be as big as possible.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2021
    Nope not twenty, but I have underwear that is.  And in case you didn’t notice I am an advocate for it, I even made a suggestion about making it the size of Gargs ring but giving it a different look.  It’s several posts up. 

Seth said:

It's still better to be bigger, so when we are tired we can find anything in under 0.5 seconds. Sometimes we are so tired that we didn't even see the huge Paragon Balron in the room before running in. It's always good to be as big as possible.
    This ridicules suggestion that the developers should cater to their aging players is absurd quality of life pffttt
  • McDougle said:
    Seth said:

This ridicules suggestion that the developers should cater to their aging players is absurd quality of life pffttt
    Quality of life, you mean Bacon?

:D
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

I WILL BE ABLE TO EAT BACON AGAIN TOMORROW AFTERNOON! 
  • Tyrath said:
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

I WILL BE ABLE TO EAT BACON AGAIN TOMORROW AFTERNOON! 
    *PRESSES LIKE*