Pulling Paragons to entrance

Lets stop bringing the hoard to the main entrance, put a rubber band on them to snap back.  In order to claim our body we have to be on top of it where we died, or call it using the staff.  Now to use the staff you have to be inside and that kind of hard when facing 4-5 paragons at the steps.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    And the staff can be bugged if you're in stone form when you die it doesn't work .....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Just Honor yourself before going in, saves a lot of heartache.

Because of all the luring to the entrance, this is my default when starting a Hythloth session so I can see the lay of the land before starting.  Even at the lowest level of Honor it's about 1 minute of complete immunity.
    Even handy if there is a troublesome Para Bally in your path that you just want to run by, pop Honor and run by with immunity.
    Honor has a 5 minute cooldown so it can be used often, if you are dying every 5 minutes, you have a bigger problem.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Mark a rune for the other end of the hallway and work your way back or look at Pawain’s post on how to play the dungeon and mark one at the location that post recommends.  Usually you can work your way back to the entrance.  I mostly get killed in the hallway though so that might work better for me.  Agree that having a bunch of paragons grouped so often at the entrance got old really quickly.  
    The trouble is partly with how the entrance is designed...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Drakelord said:
    Lets stop bringing the hoard to the main entrance, put a rubber band on them to snap back.  In order to claim our body we have to be on top of it where we died, or call it using the staff.  Now to use the staff you have to be inside and that kind of hard when facing 4-5 paragons at the steps.
    No.

I totally disagree on the rubber banding.

What happens with the Event, is that at some hours there is plenty players, but at some other hours, there is only a few.

Paragon Balrons take several players to deal with them and, therefore, when there is not many players around and they do spawn, the few players around have only the possibility to either bring them to the entrance and leave them there, or into some room and leave them there and keep working the rest of the spawn.

If they get given rubber banding, this would become not possible which it would mean that at "off playing hours", for players it would become way more difficult to work the spawn for drops as the Paragons which they cannot kill would stay there and hurt their ability to work the spawn.

So, no to rubber banding, to my opinion.

Personally, I think it as fine as it is. if Paragons are at the entrance, just use a rune to recall somewhere inside bypassing them. I do not see what the issue is, with Paragons at the Entrance.

Furthermore, this problem only exists, to my viewing, during off playing hours where few players are online. During peak playing hours when many players are around, usually the Paragons at the Entrance are dealt with quite fastly by groups of players.

TL:DR - I see no problem here. It is fine as it is, me think, no changes necessary.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2021
    He posted that because the sampires were pulling them to the entrance to grief players.
    I asked them in general chat if they would stop doing that
    because people couldn't get their bodies back.
    (I pulled one that I couldn't deal with myself into the top middle room,
    until others could be on to help me. And they specifically took them out)

I watched the exact same characters kill 2 paragon balrons on the 4th floor
    by themself (while I was a ghost). They can kill them, they just want to grief the
    characters that can't kill them by themself. (I am guessing because the event is NOT
    availabe on our shard in Fel. If it was, we wouldn't be having this discussion now.)

I don't know if they have been doing this today.
    but they have been doing this several days this week
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2021
    People pull them to the entrance (or in a room) not to grief players, but it's just a more effective way to deal with para as per current game / event design, considering the same mob spawns (with a chance to turn into a para) immediately somewhere on the level after one is dead, it is just a never ending game. 

People can probably kill them, but in my opinion it just don't worth the time and effort, and it's definitely not death proof, which is the least thing you want to happen when you are on potion or boosted luck hour. 

I would actually suggest (and what I'm doing), is to lock up all the non para balrons before they turn into para, if everyone can resist the temptation to kill the non para one, everyone will be happy. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited October 2021
    Often it seems as simple as people running for their lives to safety (outside of the dungeon) and paragons are just doing what they are programmed to do. 
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 13
    edited October 2021
    Well then program them to walk back from whence they came.
  • Just be glad these paragons don't open doors, walk through teleporters, or follow you out the dungeon.  They aren't making full usage of their intelligence :)
    He posted that because the sampires were pulling them to the entrance to grief players.
    I asked them in general chat if they would stop doing that
    because people couldn't get their bodies back.
    (I pulled one that I couldn't deal with myself into the top middle room,
    until others could be on to help me. And they specifically took them out)

by themself (while I was a ghost). They can kill them, they just want to grief the
    characters that can't kill them by themself. (I am guessing because the event is NOT
    availabe on our shard in Fel. If it was, we wouldn't be having this discussion now.)

I don't know if they have been doing this today.
    but they have been doing this several days this week

@Cinderella

I'd like to know what type of Template, with what suit and weapon, can permit to kill Paragon Balrons solo...

Did you see that character killing 2 Paragon Balrons on the 4th floor standing right next to them and being able to sustain, somewhow, the Paragon Balron's blows while they were hitting them ?

Or did that character "dance" around the Paragon Balrons with hits and runs and healing in between ?

Was there other spawn around ?

The reason that I am asking, is that Warriors, generally, are quite weak to spells... and since Paragons do not permit Life Leech, if there is spellcaster MoBs around targeting the Warrior during the hits and runs, chances are that it would get killed. Especially, since fighting with hits and runs takes much longer as compared to standing right next to theTarget and keeping hitting it...

Did you by any chance open up the Paperdoll to look at the Weapon and suit ? What was that character using and wearing ?
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Popps learn to read cinderella wrote "I watched the exact same characters kill 2 paragon balrons on the 4th floor
    by themself (while I was a ghost)."

Key words here is characterand themself which both indicates it's more then one char.
  • popps said:
    @ Cinderella

I'd like to know what type of Template, with what suit and weapon, can permit to kill Paragon Balrons solo...

For solo...

120 Swords
    100 Bush
    100 Anat
    100 Healing
    115 Parry
    115 Resist
    100 Tactics
    100% Energy Daisho
    Double Daemon slayer (Weapon & Cameo)

...is what I use

Spam Feint, weave onslaught every 4th swing.  Only weave onsalught if your last swing connects with Feint.  You can risk Double strike if you wish but if Feint falls off, you are likely going to die, hence I recommend spamming it.
    Bandage the slit second you take damage, if you take a couple hits, use Evasion/Confidence till bandages apply.

It's not so difficult just time consuming, usually takes about 2-3 minutes to kill.  If there are other mobs around, use honor so you can focus on the Balron.

There are other templates that can achieve the same, each just requires a little focus and timing and not just 'all kill'.

Cinderella was actually talking about 2 characters, X-healing warriors are near unstoppable, that's why so many multibox them.
    popps said:
    @ Cinderella

For solo...

120 Swords
    100 Bush
    100 Anat
    100 Healing
    115 Parry
    115 Resist
    100 Tactics
    100% Energy Daisho
    Double Daemon slayer (Weapon & Cameo)

...is what I use

Spam Feint, weave onslaught every 4th swing.  Only weave onsalught if your last swing connects with Feint.  You can risk Double strike if you wish but if Feint falls off, you are likely going to die, hence I recommend spamming it.
    Bandage the slit second you take damage, if you take a couple hits, use Evasion/Confidence till bandages apply.

It's not so difficult just time consuming, usually takes about 2-3 minutes to kill.  If there are other mobs around, use honor so you can focus on the Balron.

There are other templates that can achieve the same, each just requires a little focus and timing and not just 'all kill'.

Cinderella was actually talking about 2 characters, X-healing warriors are near unstoppable, that's why so many multibox them.
    @Yui_Zii_Ariya

Thank you for the info !!

Talking about cross healing, could you please suggest a good macro for the Classic Client for cross healing, which would work with whatever template was to be nearby hitting the same Paragon Balron ?

Something like, if one sees a Paragon Balron being hit by another Warrior, they just get there and start using the Cross Healing macro hoping that the other player does the same... :)

Thanks !
  • I am guilty, I want too survive, not die, there are like 4 paragons that eat me alive, so I run. It’s frustrating being the only one in the dungeon and 5 para Bally spawn. No bueno, so I run and teleport back in. 

so there’s these cool things called runes, that allow you to teleport places, skipping unsafe areas, so mark many runes then you can bypass certain areas that are clogged with paragons , don’t blame other people for trying to survive if you lack being prepared.
    Unloved said:
    I am guilty, I want too survive, not die, there are like 4 paragons that eat me alive, so I run. It’s frustrating being the only one in the dungeon and 5 para Bally spawn. No bueno, so I run and teleport back in. 

so there’s these cool things called runes, that allow you to teleport places, skipping unsafe areas, so mark many runes then you can bypass certain areas that are clogged with paragons , don’t blame other people for trying to survive if you lack being prepared.
    Not everyone has a mage....
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    McDougle said:
    Unloved said:
    I am guilty, I want too survive, not die, there are like 4 paragons that eat me alive, so I run. It’s frustrating being the only one in the dungeon and 5 para Bally spawn. No bueno, so I run and teleport back in. 

Not everyone has a mage....
    But people have friends who are mages ;)

Maharia grudgingly marks runes for Devious...because Devious is inferior and cannot mark her own due to the fact that she is a lowly sampire (Maharia has issues)

Hehehe 
  • popps said:

could you please suggest a good macro for the Classic Client for cross healing, which would work with whatever template was to be nearby hitting the same Paragon Balron ?

Something like, if one sees a Paragon Balron being hit by another Warrior, they just get there and start using the Cross Healing macro hoping that the other player does the same... :)
    As far as I know, there is no easy way to initiate heals on randoms.  You need to be able to target them initially so they are stored as a 'last target' after which you can use a 'last object' - 'last target' macro.
    It could be macroed easier with UOAssist but you still have to initiate by targeting the other player.  It can be tricky getting other players bars when the screen is busy.

One things for sure, never rely on randoms to reciprocate with X-Heals, always stay on your guard and watch close for target switches.  That one time when the Balron switches to you and the person you have been healing does not return the favor...

popps said:

could you please suggest a good macro for the Classic Client for cross healing, which would work with whatever template was to be nearby hitting the same Paragon Balron ?

As far as I know, there is no easy way to initiate heals on randoms.  You need to be able to target them initially so they are stored as a 'last target' after which you can use a 'last object' - 'last target' macro.
    It could be macroed easier with UOAssist but you still have to initiate by targeting the other player.  It can be tricky getting other players bars when the screen is busy.

One things for sure, never rely on randoms to reciprocate with X-Heals, always stay on your guard and watch close for target switches.  That one time when the Balron switches to you and the person you have been healing does not return the favor...

But to have a friendly as Last Target on a Macro, in order to cross heal them, while fighting and using macros that also rely on Last Target for hitting, does not look much of a good idea to me...

While on Trammel, unless Guilded, this might be harmful, on Felucca it could be cause for more trouble then good...

It sounds odd to me that there is no "command" that would make it possible to heal a random friendly that is nearby....
  • popps said:
    But to have a friendly as Last Target on a Macro, in order to cross heal them, while fighting and using macros that also rely on Last Target for hitting, does not look much of a good idea to me...
    Why would you be attacking your 'Last Target'? you should be attacking your 'Current Target'.
    While on Trammel, unless Guilded, this might be harmful, on Felucca it could be cause for more trouble then good...
    There are target blocking/flagging options in the game menus, they are there for this reason.
    It sounds odd to me that there is no "command" that would make it possible to heal a random friendly that is nearby....
    The game cannot predict who you want to heal, if it healed a random nearby player, how could that possibly help?  A 'Bandage Targets Target' would have to be added for this to work optimally, but then every single game event boss would be a complete cheese, so it won't happen.

Anyway, this has veered of topic, use Honor and ignore Para Balrons.