failing stealth attempts at 120

Today I kept getting the message "You fail in your attempt to move unnoticed" when trying to stealth. I have 120 real skill stealth and I am wearing all medable armor except for bone legs and bone tunic.
Last I checked 105 stealth gave you 100% success rate with a full studded or bone suit with the head piece being medable. So 120 stealth with only 2 non-medable pieces should never fail either.
Did something change or am I bugged?

Comments

• could it be that bone armor is bugged?
    I just ran a test with a full studded suit + medable helmet and had no fails at all.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “This may be working as intended, there is little documentation on this”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Just tried this with my thief and he also failed to use stealth at 120.  The Crystal Ball of Knowledge he carries says the attempt at stealth was optimal.  With just the tunic or just leggings stealthing was rated as too easy but combine them and it becomes optimal. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    I do a lot of BOD Bribing in Fel and yesterday just walking around I keep coming out of stealth for some odd reason, this has never happened before so maybe there is a bug with stealth that started yesterday.  Stealth 100%  Leather mage suit from cleanup 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I do a lot of BOD Bribing in Fel and yesterday just walking around I keep coming out of stealth for some odd reason, this has never happened before so maybe there is a bug with stealth that started yesterday.  Stealth 100%  Leather mage suit from cleanup 
    Birds 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Birds 
    There were no birds in any of the shops.  All runes are marked in the shops.  Walking from one NPC to the next making damn sure not to touch anybody.  Journal totally clean in that aspect of the game.
    edited October 2021
    "could be hidden players, there are many hidden bots running, in many towns in fel, for many different reasons, this i can tell you with authority"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "could be hidden players, there are many hidden bots running, in many towns in fel, for many different reasons, this i can tell you with authority"
    Even running into a hidden person you would still get a system message, THERE WERE NO SYSTYEM MESSAGES, 
    Being perfectly rested, you shove something invisible out of the way OR you bounce back from the invisible object just like if you were not in stealth mode but in stealth mode it did not reveal me.
  • Yoshi said:
    “This may be working as intended, there is little documentation on this”

well that would be a little odd because up until yesterday I had no trouble stealthing with that suit at all
    edited October 2021
    “I see, that is odd”
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Someone secretly making backend changes to stealth skills. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited October 2021
    Nothing weird about it, my old omen deathstriker would frequently fail with a non-med orc bone helmet (30 hci helm) and four pieces of non-med studded. Each piece of armor has a different weight when applied to the stealth success calculation, for example if I took that orc helmet off, I never failed, if I took of every piece of armor except for that orc helmet, I would fail maybe 10% of the time.

As far as time relevance goes, I haven't played that character in at least three years.
  • I play a 120 stealth char every day - have been for the past 7 years. I know for a fact that bone armor used to behave exactly like studded considering stealth fails. All of a sudden it doesn't anymore.
  • @Misk @Kyronix @Bleak
    This is still a problem. Please change it back to the way it used to be. Thanks
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some off topic posts have been removed.
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    ninja advise wear all medable
    "someone is asking me how much stealth they need to wear this armor and that armor, And how much real skill, and if you can wear platemail or bone if it is mage armor.

Anyone have a link to any documentation please?"
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Yoshi said:
    "someone is asking me how much stealth they need to wear this armor and that armor, And how much real skill, and if you can wear platemail or bone if it is mage armor.

I never had any problems with Mage armor of any kind. I also only run 90 real skill with +10 items. Even with a dser, I find anything more than gm a waste of points. 
  • I can stealth forever with 1 non-medable armor piece at 80 stealth. Two pieces get me revealed sooner or later, regardless of a higher stealth skill. You can build a stealther suit with the corrupted paladin vambraces in mind (so get them before the deceit event is over).
    “is that real skill?"
  • I tried 40 real and 40 on gear as well as 60 real and 20 on gear. In both cases I was able to stealth without failing with one non-medable piece, but once I put 2 pieces on I started to fail after a walking for a while.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited November 2022
    Yoshi said:

no documentation, just experience what stealth level lets you stealth without revealing:

full suit of medable armor (including mage armor) 75 stealth

full suit of studded armor (with a medable head piece) 105 stealth 

bone armor used to be like studded but not anymore :-/

“Real skill?

I have never properly used this skill in game so I feel out of my depth for testing with no field experience. (That and test centre has been down a while)”
  • I have only ever used real skill for my tests and chars but I know people who have used +skill to get to the no fail thresholds.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Get a Crystal Ball of Knowledge and go stealth. You want the Crystal Ball to say "Too Easy". Anything else and you will get the occasional skill failure.
    TimSt said:
    Get a Crystal Ball of Knowledge and go stealth. You want the Crystal Ball to say "Too Easy". Anything else and you will get the occasional skill failure.

"okay thanks that is my plan to get some info, but test centre has been down for quite some time"
  • also an easy method to test if you are on Siege is trying to gain skill. You will gain only if there is a chance to fail, which is why a char with 75 stealth in fully medable suit doesn't gain. Same goes for a char with 105 stealth and a studded suit + medable head piece.
  • well I just checked again and found that now you gain at 105 stealth and above even with only 2 studded pieces on. Something has changed :-(
    edited November 2022
    "okay i am doing some testing with the ball of knowledge,
    some prelim info:
    • seems all jewellery (including gargish amulet neck piece) or anything medable (leather or platemail mage armor) counts as 0 stealthing weight
    • different slots are different weights, EG tunic requires more skill than hat

I am going to have to rethink how i plot results on a spreadsheet
    "