Anything going to be done about the sampires running on atlantic hythloth 24/7?

Comments

• Pawain said:
    Not much spawns there. Seems like a waste of that many resources unless they have someone bringing spawn to them.

1 player can handle that rooms spawn and the Tele room next to it.

They should move to level four.  :)
    They should move to fel, one whole person on Fel side. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Either they didn't like having an audience, or someone paged on them.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,044
    Ya with no spawn in fel, we find out that they only wanted  the event in fel if there were champ spawns so they could farm drops.  PvP had nothing to do with it. All of them should be also in fel, but the spawn mobs are not tagged with the dungeon event name.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Ya with no spawn in fel, we find out that they only wanted  the event in fel if there were champ spawns so they could farm drops.  PvP had nothing to do with it. All of them should be also in fel, but the spawn mobs are not tagged with the dungeon event name.
    I'm not sure i am following you, are you saying Atl Fel doesn't have the event?

Pawain said:
    You said only 1 person was in fel. 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Well I thought I had seen it all....
    right now on Atl level 3 in the room with stairs to level 4. 

Gargoyle at the centre of a mass group of stone firm mystics spamming colossus spells with archers in for good measure with me Necro and  a bard The most outrageous multi box I have ever seen.  When something spawns they all fire off like machine guns.  No way on earth someone can do all that 

in fact 5 para barons and elders that were being moved got absolutely annihilated by this auto targeting group.  

So people don’t even hide illegal activity now

go check it out. It’s ridiculous  
    so with the EC, you can alter your macro file to make it repeat 1000 times. target next, so on. 1 key press. same with the RC. just drop a bagball on the tile he summons at. he can be there with a long macro and its legit. all they have to do is answer the GM.

• usernameusername Posts: 696
    edited October 2021
    Been checking the last 3 days and yep same handful of sampires down there 7am, noon, 4pm, 8pm, midnight, and inbetween. Running on a rail, barely slow down to attack things, and if they get below 50% health run to entrance. Obvious cheating, never talk to people (ran after them spamming their name to get attention, nothing). Page on them every time lol no one gives a shit anymore. Biggest offender's name is "Kandaria" on Atlantic, go look and enjoy them running around all day every day red plate and a halberd.

This just proves how much of the population cheats.... auto attack stacks of archers, groups of 5+ multiboxed sampires moving around in sync the dungeon clearing everything, same with groups of archers all moving on the same tile/attacking in sync, people attacking things constantly IMMEDIATELY as they spawn.

Yea, time to throw in the towel @Mesanna and stop making events for cheaters and feeding RMT'ers. Scrap "shard bound", time to embrace "account bound". Every other mmo has stuff like this and these events would benefit from them.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    You said only 1 person was in fel. 
    ok I get it now, the Champ Spawn Mobs aren't "demonic Forces" creatures and don't offer the drops. rough day yesterday and my reading comprehension was failing me.

I prefer a game that does not alter content and mechanics based on trying to end cheating.  It only makes the game less enjoyable to non cheaters.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    Pawain said:
    I prefer a game that does not alter content and mechanics based on trying to end cheating.  It only makes the game less enjoyable to non cheaters.
    I absolutely agree,

These attempts to "fix" cheating, to my opinion, really do not do much to cheaters, especially scripters who do not use their time at the keyboard, but let scripts run for them AFK.

Take for example the Resources from Mining, Lumberjacking and Stone Mining.

They were randomized, I understand, to address some players who were script harvesting them AFK.

Result ?

The legit players got hurt really badly, because now, to get the Ore, Wood, Stone that they needed, it took them a whole lot more of their time at the keyboard making it, for some players without so much time at hand, prohibitive....

Scripters, instead, kept running their scripts 24/7 without caring what type of Ore, Wood or Stone they got... they just piled it up, and eventually got all types they wanted in the quantity they wanted...

Who cares if it took more time, they did not spend their real time at the keyboard, but had AFK scripts doing it for them....

Take then the changes to Tamers which hurt this very popular gameplay a whole lot, to my opinion...

Paragons revealing across walls, corners at 12+ tiles distances, retargeting onto the Tamer, having ridicolous speed which a Tamer on foot, controlling a 5 slots non-rideable pet, could not outrun...

This, to address scripters who'd farm AFK....

Well, did it "fix" the problem ?

Not by a tiny bit, I seem to understand from all of the Posts coming up on the Forums about AFK scripters here and scripters there running multiple characters at once thanking to Third Party applications who can control them all at once...

Yet, legittimate Tamers were hurt a whole lot by this "fix" which did not fix much in regards to AFK scripters, to my impression...

Personally, I think all of these attempts as solutions which achieve nothing or not much.

What would be really necessary, is to identify the use of Third Party applications which permit such AFK scripting and the control of multiple characters all at once, and ban these accounts, as well as those other "Main" accounts which benefit from all of this AFK scripting and farming since the actual accounts used for the AFK farming, are usually "throw away", disposable EJ free accounts....

Hurting with "fixes" legittimate players and doing not much to address the actual problem of AFK scripting because the "source" of this in-game behaviour, those Third Party applications used to do it, is not addressed, I do not think is the correct approach to solve this problem.

Just get to the source of it.... find a way to identity accounts using these Third Party applications to AFK script, and ban them as well as their "Main" accounts which benefit from this against the TOS in-game activity.

What do you think, @Kyronix ; ?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Why are EJ accounts eligible to get drops during these dungeon events?

Why are EJ accounts eligible to get drops during these dungeon events?

It is important, to my opinion, that Endless Journey Accounts can benefit from their gameplay and time spent in the game.

The desire for wanting to subscribe an account, comes from playing AND getting benefits from that playing...

I think that Endless Journey accounts already have enough (and quite heavy) penalties, there is no need, to my opinion, to further penalize EJ accounts.

What is necessary, instead, in my opinion, is to have a way to "see" that players are using, against the TOS, Third Party Utilities and ban these accounts, whether EJ or subscribed for engaging in in-game behaviour that is against the TOS.
  • McDougle said:
    Still cute, but like I said, much cuter when they’re not chewing the rugs

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,174
    McDougle said:
    I have to ask...what kind of dog is that??

He is SO freaking adorable! He...she? Looks like a stuffed animal! Beautiful markings! And I love the little white paws! This thread needs more cuteness! 

edited October 2021
    The blue eyed speckled floppy eared carpet chewer mutt.

Tries to pretend he is o:) But he is  >:)
    She is a devil dog !! She's golden retriever Heller and catahoula 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 201
    my hound
  • vortexvortex Posts: 201
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    I absolutely agree,

These attempts to "fix" cheating, to my opinion, really do not do much to cheaters, especially scripters who do not use their time at the keyboard, but let scripts run for them AFK.

They were randomized, I understand, to address some players who were script harvesting them AFK.

Result ?

The legit players got hurt really badly, because now, to get the Ore, Wood, Stone that they needed, it took them a whole lot more of their time at the keyboard making it, for some players without so much time at hand, prohibitive....

Scripters, instead, kept running their scripts 24/7 without caring what type of Ore, Wood or Stone they got... they just piled it up, and eventually got all types they wanted in the quantity they wanted...

Who cares if it took more time, they did not spend their real time at the keyboard, but had AFK scripts doing it for them....

Take then the changes to Tamers which hurt this very popular gameplay a whole lot, to my opinion...

Paragons revealing across walls, corners at 12+ tiles distances, retargeting onto the Tamer, having ridicolous speed which a Tamer on foot, controlling a 5 slots non-rideable pet, could not outrun...

Not by a tiny bit, I seem to understand from all of the Posts coming up on the Forums about AFK scripters here and scripters there running multiple characters at once thanking to Third Party applications who can control them all at once...

Yet, legittimate Tamers were hurt a whole lot by this "fix" which did not fix much in regards to AFK scripters, to my impression...

Personally, I think all of these attempts as solutions which achieve nothing or not much.

What would be really necessary, is to identify the use of Third Party applications which permit such AFK scripting and the control of multiple characters all at once, and ban these accounts, as well as those other "Main" accounts which benefit from all of this AFK scripting and farming since the actual accounts used for the AFK farming, are usually "throw away", disposable EJ free accounts....

Hurting with "fixes" legittimate players and doing not much to address the actual problem of AFK scripting because the "source" of this in-game behaviour, those Third Party applications used to do it, is not addressed, I do not think is the correct approach to solve this problem.

Just get to the source of it.... find a way to identity accounts using these Third Party applications to AFK script, and ban them as well as their "Main" accounts which benefit from this against the TOS in-game activity.

What do you think, @ Kyronix popps said:
    Pawain said:
    I absolutely agree,

Result ?

What do you think, @ Kyronix  ?
    Use a mountable pet... And don't run... And has kyronix ever responded to your endless tags?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    While the pet pictures are very nice, they're not really on topic. Can we desist with them please? or start a designated thread for them.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “I am AFK farming with a tamer so I am not sure what popps is going on about.
    Unlike sampires I don’t even have to leave for repair”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    I find that kinda difficult, at least with 1 Tamer only.... considering that Paragons reveal the Tamer across Walls and at some 12+ tiles distance...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Yoshi said:
    So you openly admit to cheating
    Yoshi said:

He's not necessarily cheating...he could be in the same room watching TV and occasionally glance over at his computer.

If I push my computer chair back 2 feet, technically I am *AFK*

AFK can mean a lot of things so don't assume he's cheating.

Yoshi likes to bait 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    "the paragons cannot open doors,
    I farmed over 500 drops from afk on a tamer (using no illegal programs/scripts)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Larisa said:
    Yoshi said:

He's not necessarily cheating...he could be in the same room watching TV and occasionally glance over at his computer.

LOL You seriously believe that. You must have some very short arms only being 2 feet away.
    AFK away from keyboard.
    • Definition - What does Away From Keyboard (AFK) mean? Away from keyboard (AFK) is a type of chat lingo that shows a user is stepping away from a hardware device. It was often used in chat rooms and bulletin board systems in the early days of internet chat, to let people know when someone was available and ready to respond to text messages.
    AWAY to or at a distance from a particular place, person, or thing.  If you can respond to your computer than you ARE NOT away from it are you.

OH I took my hands off the keyboard to take a bite of a roll and drink more coffee so I must be AFK because I am not touching my keyboard, kind of like your 2 foot rule, stupid.
    Kill the spawn before the pet auto targets, problem solved.
    Yoshi said:
    "the paragons cannot open doors,
    I farmed over 500 drops from afk on a tamer (using no illegal programs/scripts)"
    Paragons may not, but players do....

And Hythloth can be quite crowded at times....

To get 500 drops takes many hours... and, without auto-insuring them (cannot do without illegal programs/scripts), 1 AFK death, if one does not get back to one's own corpse before it decays, can mean all the drops received in tha time frame to go "poof"......

And if one "keeps an eye" to the screen, well, is that really AFK ? 
    Larisa said:
    Yoshi said:

LOL You seriously believe that. You must have some very short arms only being 2 feet away.
    AFK away from keyboard.
    • Definition - What does Away From Keyboard (AFK) mean? Away from keyboard (AFK) is a type of chat lingo that shows a user is stepping away from a hardware device. It was often used in chat rooms and bulletin board systems in the early days of internet chat, to let people know when someone was available and ready to respond to text messages.
    AWAY to or at a distance from a particular place, person, or thing.  If you can respond to your computer than you ARE NOT away from it are you.

OH I took my hands off the keyboard to take a bite of a roll and drink more coffee so I must be AFK because I am not touching my keyboard, kind of like your 2 foot rule, stupid.

Okay here is a visual just for you, I hope it helps :)

Just one example of what Mervshi might be doing...Sittin watchin Football...or whatever it is that he might like to watch on TV......

(Don't hate on my leet paint skillz ;) )

Anyway it's neither here nor there...just do as Pawain says and kill the stuff before the people you claim are cheating do, because THAT is fun!
    AFK.png 10.2K

This discussion has been closed.