Solution to antique item problem :)

HI Kyronix, I have a good idea for a solution to all the negative comments about the antique item property.  I know you don't want powerful items to last forever.  But, how about making a very very rare item drop from (hmm who knows what it could be - paragons come to mind but it could be anything really) and this item would be some kind of powder or scroll that would remove antique or brittle or prized or any bad item property from one item.  Maybe you don't want to include cursed because, then people could turn cursed Doom artifacts from that event a long time ago into normal ones.
If it's rare enough, you're not going to have everyone on the shard making all of their items repairable.  Maybe a few lucky people will actually get to do a whole suit.  You could make the powder account bound so they can't be sold.  That way rich people can't just buy every powder on Atlantic or whatever <span>:smile:</span>

Please let me know if you like my idea!! This is my 1st post.

Thank you,
Adelle

Comments

• AdelleAdelle Posts: 6
    OHH I forgot!  On jewelry, this rare powder or scroll removes durability completely!   Turn it into an old-style ring or bracelet!  Please?  It's only fair.  And it's account bound so it's not sellable or tradable.  Whatever the chance is of getting a paragon minor artifact... well make it one tenth that chance or so. :)
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    this game need  the opposite....every items should have durability and dont last forever.
  • Fortis said:
    this game need  the opposite....every items should have durability and dont last forever.
    Agreed, Stuffs last too long as it is. I have pieces on my sampires that I've had for years that are only half durability, Maybe. Antique last long enough as well, it just needs to be repaired quicker, which is a pain in the butt. Kind of a trade off, good item, needs repaired more. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    "Currently, Brittle items spawn with 255/255 (max) durability, this means when they have the mod
    Durability +100/+150%, this mod literally does nothing as the durability cannot exceed 255/255, 

Brittle items should instead spawn with durability 100/105 to enable the durability bonus to actually work as a mod

Also, please bear in mind metalic/wooden weapons/armour can have their durability increased by enhancing with special material"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    You guys really think it isn't a good thing to have?  Even if the item you enhance would also become account bound?  255 is a lot so also make it one tenth when you enhance it.  So the item would become 25 / 25 so you would need lots of powders of fort to bring it back up, if you wanted to.
    How about this?  When you use the powder on your item, it also has a chance of breaking it.
    Adelle said:
    How about this?  When you use the powder on your item, it also has a chance of breaking it.
    "That would be interesting if when you used PoF on a clean/prized item it had a chance to turn Brittle"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Adelle said:
    How about we leave it as it? Antique is never a problem for Fel people and Tram people just won't bother them : )

Clean, non antique non brittle legendary items do spawn by the way!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    deleted
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited October 2021
    Adelle said:
    HI Kyronix, I have a good idea for a solution to all the negative comments about the antique item property.  I know you don't want powerful items to last forever.  But, how about making a very very rare item drop from (hmm who knows what it could be - paragons come to mind but it could be anything really) and this item would be some kind of powder or scroll that would remove antique or brittle or prized or any bad item property from one item.  Maybe you don't want to include cursed because, then people could turn cursed Doom artifacts from that event a long time ago into normal ones.
    If it's rare enough, you're not going to have everyone on the shard making all of their items repairable.  Maybe a few lucky people will actually get to do a whole suit.  You could make the powder account bound so they can't be sold.  That way rich people can't just buy every powder on Atlantic or whatever <span>:smile:</span>

Please let me know if you like my idea!! This is my 1st post.

Thank you,
    Adelle

Sorry, wanted to post this earlier but caught up with another crap thread. 

We have suggested conversion from antique to brittle before, but not removing them entirely (clean). At least brittle can last longer (not forever) and can be repaired more times. If the Dev can accept this then maybe we can ask for more. But it looks unlikely. 

I think clean items should be still come from rare drops - not impossible but rare. It is like a lottery prize and quite exciting when you accidentally get a clean with useful specs. The pain is to open all corpses for the mid-to-high end monsters.

I have got one legendary (not clean) from a Balron in the current Hythloth and another from the Revenant Lion (I think) from Yukio. Just saying there are times the monsters drop something extraordinary. The Daemons also drop 10 SSI clean ring, which I got from one of the dungeon event first blood, but after that my luck was not so good. Not kidding and no BS - this last para is just to share about surprising drops in corpses. I have to kill like, maybe several thousands to get one chance and when I happen to open the corpse. Why I say is because we normally rush through the event to kill as many monsters asap on a mount (not on foot :D
    edited October 2021
    “They actually are possible, but v v v rare, I have non antique ring and bracelet on my flagship bokuto mage.

(but they are technically brittle as you cannot PoF jewellery) but like all brittle items will last longer than a player’s irl lifespan”
    edited October 2021
    Yoshi said:
    “They actually are possible, but v v v rare, I have non antique ring and bracelet on my flagship bokuto mage.

(but they are technically brittle as you cannot PoF jewellery) but like all brittle items will last longer than a player’s irl lifespan”
    Yes, I am also using Prized jewels for my warriors until I realized all jewels are brittle regardless even if they are clean. 

That is the other problem - all jewels should have brittle tag on it. Prized items should come with brittle tag as well - so its prized + brittle. The really clean jewels are like the Luna Rouge which I am using now for clearing low level spawns. 
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Have to say, leave antique property as it is.   Otherwise whats the point of PVM ?  None.  Nothing in this universe lasts forever.... same should apply to UO universe...
    Drago said:
    Have to say, leave antique property as it is.   Otherwise whats the point of PVM ?  None.  Nothing in this universe lasts forever.... same should apply to UO universe...

I prefer not to keep antiques esp. very good ones because once it breaks I have to rework the entire gear again and it is very hard to get good legendary antiques to replace which means I have to downgrade.