Anything going to be done about the sampires running on atlantic hythloth 24/7?

Several of them, paged on them all multiple times, GMs dont do anything??
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Drops should be cheap then.

They probably answered the  GM when he asked a question.

People have multiple monitors now. Can run many accounts if you are coordinated.  I can sit and watch my three guys die a lot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Is it illegal to have a Sampires on Atl?

What's your point on this "username"?  

what are they doing wrong in your opinion?

And what template are YOU running? surely you are getting drops?

I jump on Atl with a fully trained Samp and get 10/15 drops in about half hour other players do not affect my gameplay here

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited October 2021
    Let me rephrase: the same handful of characters run around on Atlantic 24/7 unattended lol 

IE: bots

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Look for less populated by players areas in the dungeon.  Don’t carry anything you care about when you look for these areas as paras spawn at random locations in this dungeon.  I have found a couple rooms that average players can farm most of the time.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    username said:
    im guessing your referring to the 2 that run the script in lvl 2 to in the room on the end, and yes most of the time they are afk, several times ive gone down there and the ghost of their swampies are there, couple times i died near there went over to that room and their ghosts are there goin threw the motions of their script.
    but what about the one dude who scripts 6 accounts with the CU's? they wont do anything about him either, think about it if they ban those 8 accounts thats quit a bit of money they be losing every month. not goin to happen, so just gotta learn to ignore them.
    Whitewolf said:
    username said:
    im guessing your referring to the 2 that run the script in lvl 2 to in the room on the end, and yes most of the time they are afk, several times ive gone down there and the ghost of their swampies are there, couple times i died near there went over to that room and their ghosts are there goin threw the motions of their script.
    but what about the one dude who scripts 6 accounts with the CU's? they wont do anything about him either, think about it if they ban those 8 accounts thats quit a bit of money they be losing every month. not goin to happen, so just gotta learn to ignore them.
    Or the player answers the question from the GM. If they don't answer the GM would send them to jail.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Have you tried killing them?, or you're talking about trammel?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "Have you tried killing them?, or you're talking about trammel?"
    Maybe they didn't get fel on their shard  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2021
    "He said Atlantic, there is fel event on Atlantic"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "He said Atlantic, there is fel event on Atlantic"
    Well if you have to ask i assume you meant either tram or another shard as i assumed you have killed them yourself 
    "only if they haven't paid the ferryman"
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    username said:
    Hello, please, next time please. Post reporting with subjects including keywords like BOTS, cheats and exploits will gather the right attention to target bad players. 

You post Sampires, do you want to remove good players from 50% of population and shut down the game forever.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • how about they disable the 2D auto follow feature in the event dungeons?
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    how about they add auto follow to EC?

all that being said, if people respond to GM's there isn't much that can be done. use player justice and drag a few paras over to them. If they are there, they can page on you for luring mobs to them

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    how about they disable the 2D auto follow feature in the event dungeons?
    Can't do this or the EJ accounts be useless then...
    “a few people got banned last night”
    Yoshi said:
    “a few people got banned last night”
    He thinks a few people got banned last night merv/yoshi has no way to know unless he's lost another account...
    “had 3 guild mates banned, but no i have no way to know…”
    Yoshi said:
    Ah yes it's always your "friends" running illegal programs getting banned maybe you should keep better company...
  • Norry said:

all that being said, if people respond to GM's there isn't much that can be done. use player justice and drag a few paras over to them. If they are there, they can page on you for luring mobs to them

Best option here is, if you feel like they're cheating page and move on. Don't let someone else ruin your day and luring onto them is just as illegal as what they may or may not be doing. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Norry said:

Best option here is, if you feel like they're cheating page and move on. Don't let someone else ruin your day and luring onto them is just as illegal as what they may or may not be doing. 
    So, basically, one should let the cheaters cheat and turn the head the other side ?

Ahem, OK..........

Rather than reply anymore i shall post pictures of my puppy
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    popps said:
    Norry said:

So, basically, one should let the cheaters cheat and turn the head the other side ?

Ahem, OK..........

You seem to have misread Victim's post, I have highlighted the word you missed.
  • popps said:
    Norry said:

Ahem, OK..........

You seem to have misread Victim's post, I have highlighted the word you missed.
    Thanks for replying my friend, I would most likely have replied with something that skirted the ToS and gotten the thread locked. 

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:
    Norry said:

Ahem, OK..........
    So you can't read.  He clearly said PAGE
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    Yoshi said:
    Ah yes it's always your "friends" running illegal programs getting banned maybe you should keep better company...
    Those programs are probably being run by everybody in that guild, so they can all be equal, they were just the 3 that got caught.  DEVs to check out that guild and monitor them.  He already admitted to cheating https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/65164/#Comment_65164 
  • McDougle said:

Rather than reply anymore i shall post pictures of my puppy
    They're so cute when they're asleep, and not chewing the rugs.

• Well I thought I had seen it all....
    right now on Atl level 3 in the room with stairs to level 4. 

Gargoyle at the centre of a mass group of stone firm mystics spamming colossus spells with archers in for good measure with me Necro and  a bard The most outrageous multi box I have ever seen.  When something spawns they all fire off like machine guns.  No way on earth someone can do all that 

in fact 5 para barons and elders that were being moved got absolutely annihilated by this auto targeting group.  

So people don’t even hide illegal activity now

go check it out. It’s ridiculous  
  • Well I thought I had seen it all....
    right now on Atl level 3 in the room with stairs to level 4. 

Gargoyle at the centre of a mass group of stone firm mystics spamming colossus spells with archers in for good measure with me Necro and  a bard The most outrageous multi box I have ever seen.  When something spawns they all fire off like machine guns.  No way on earth someone can do all that 

in fact 5 para barons and elders that were being moved got absolutely annihilated by this auto targeting group.  

So people don’t even hide illegal activity now

go check it out. It’s ridiculous  
    Felucca or Trammel?

Not much spawns there. Seems like a waste of that many resources unless they have someone bringing spawn to them.

1 player can handle that rooms spawn and the Tele room next to it.

They should move to level four.  :)