Tips and Hints for Treasures of Die-Loth

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
Occurs in Hythloth Dungeon.  This is only for the Trammel Side.
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/dungeon-hythloth/
I only play on Lake Superior so references to spawn may not be the same on other shards.
We have no working doors in the dungeon. Everything is open always.

Key:
Green - Entry/Exit
Yellow - Places to mark runes
Purple - Tele pavers

Level 1  
  • Enter on steps and exit by sparkle pavers.  
  • The upper crossroad is the only semi safe place to recall to on the first floor.
Leading paragons to entry:
  • The entry steps are a good place to drag Paragons to.  We have tamers stationed there during prime time and other times of the day.
  • You can lead paragons if you stay close to them.  If they change targets it is easy to get them back.
  • If you are in the hall when someone is leading them, do not move, do not attack them or they will aggro you.  You can use chat to explain how the game mechanics work.
  • When you are a tamer in the entry room, stay on the steps, they will rarely target you there unless someone that has aggro leads them up the steps.
  • If you are the leader, run out as soon as the para enters the room. That will cause the para to go to the corner and stay there.
Exiting Level 1
  • The sparkle pavers go to two spots on level 2. 
  • The paver closest to the east wall goes to 2nd floor sparkle entry 1.  It is also the way back to 1.
  • The paver closet to the West wall goes to Entry 2. No return from this spot.
Level 2
  • You begin depending on where you enter. Both spots can be crowded.
  • This level has the slippery hall you have to maneuver though to get to the exit  @Yoshi posted a pic of it that I cant find.
  • The exit is stairs that go to stars on level 3.
  • The exit is a safe recall spot. There are usually no paragons dragged here because players don't know how to use the slippery hall.  May be a para gargoyle.
  • The exit goes to the 3rd floor stairs.  You can use these two stairs to sit tamers to res and help kill paragons on the third floor.

Level 3
  • Very spawn heavy level. The entry can be made a safe spot to recall to.
  • The room behind the exit stairs can be made a recall spot.  You may have to clear some mobs.
  • This level has two tele pavers that lead to closed rooms.  
Near the exit is a tele paver that goes into a square room you can see. You step on the dark tele paver to go into that room, which is pretty crowded.  You land on the light tele paver.  Walk on the dark paver to return.

The other tele paver teleports you into an L shaped room with lots of spawn. You tele to the far end of that room so to go back you have to clear the room and open a door to exit.  That door works on LS.

Level 4
  • This is a smaller level than the others.
  • The entry stairs are very crowded.
  • You can mark a rune in the room I have circled, it is kinda safe.
  • Running down the stairs from 3 is instant death commonly.

Weapons and books
  • A demon slayer weapon that does cold damage works great.  Energy would be ok. or use a Demon tali.  I use demon weapon with a Flame tali for the hell hounds.
  • Use a WW weapon. Double strike is sometimes best because the lesser mobs are very low cold resist, AI would do no extra damage.  Can use AI on Balrons and demons.
  • There are 2 versions of wisps. one dies in a couple of hits the other takes more.
  • I did make a fey slayer weapon but I rarely use it.
  • Demon slayer spellbook works great for magic users.  Use Energy bolt. Chain lightning or thunderstorm.
  • Gazers have no slayer also low in cold/energy resist.
Player templates
  • Tamer - Since the mobs are all low in cold and energy resist a Cu works great.  I use Tritons because they have more HP and can be made very tanky.  for a solo tamer I would recommend a Cu Sidhe since you can mount and ride away. For paragons walk and invis. Get 3 squares away from the mob and invis as needed.  You can run consume.  Do not run! Other method is teleport and invis.
  •  Thrower/Archer -  The dungeon is very crowded with mobs on LS.  This is not an easy place for a pure archer but it can be done. Use hallways and keep moving. Know where exits are. There are players on LS that use archers daily.
  • Melee -  Sampires work here very well. You can grab a para and drag it to mobs and WW for Life leech.  Look before you run in the crowded rooms.  The magic casters will blast you all at once. Sometimes it is best not to rush in and WW it all to death.  Take them out a few at a time if there are casters in the room.  I use Dexxers with healing instead of necro.

Places to kill.
  • You can stay on level one if they are players to kill the paragons that you drag to the steps.
  • Level 2 and 3 stairs.  I clear both entries and put 2 tamers on one and run my melee toon around and drag paras to them.
  • Level 3 and 4 stairs.  Only level 3 stairs has low enough spawn to camp a tamer there.
Paragon Killing
  • A couple of tamers that can keep their pets alive can kill the Balrons and Elders.
  • A killing squad of at least 2 melee warriors can take out the paragons. 3 works better. Also 2 melee and an archer or tamer.  Cross healing works great!
Its exciting to rush into the crowded rooms or tele pavers and see if you can clear it.

Have fun and Good Luck!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited October 2021
    I’ve found a 100% poison weapon with hit lightning and demon slayer to be pretty good for the overall spawn. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    dvvid said:
    I’ve found a 100% poison weapon with hit lightning and demon slayer to be pretty good for the overall spawn. 
    Not the best choice.  You would be hitting on the 3rd lowest resist for other things. The non demon stuff are not the strongest mobs in the game.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:
    dvvid said:
    Not the best choice.  You would be hitting on the 3rd lowest resist for other things. The non demon stuff are not the strongest mobs in the game.

Oh dam! I didn’t realize that mob had those resistances. I looked at the daemon and figured similar resistances applied to their nastier friends. 

Guess I’ll be making a cold version of my weapon today. Thanks for posting that. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Great write up paddy cakes!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • For the Level 2 'slippery hall' as you called it, there is a link to an image of it in the Wiki...

Just have to look closely to find the pumpkins hehe... There's also a really small picture of it on Stratics...

I follow the red trail.  Down, up to second stairs, down below shield, straight, then up around blood stain.
    temp.bmp 781.8K
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited October 2021
    deleted
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Pawain said:

I follow the red trail.  Down, up to second stairs, down below shield, straight, then up around blood stain.
    Just drag something on your cursor 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    Some thoughts:
    1) Honor adds +1000 luck...
    So WW may not be the best way to fight. I did slowly today with 1300 luck from statue + 1000 honor, I do better. So instead of trying to fight like champ spawn, I try to honor one at a time instead of getting surrounded. I did this today and the results are slightly better.

2) Once a while mana drain weapon could be better than a demon slayer, esp. when surrounded by Wisps and Gazers including paragons that can cast strong spells.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    Some thoughts:
    So WW may not be the best way to fight. I did slowly today with 1300 luck from statue + 1000 honor, I do better. So instead of trying to fight like champ spawn, I try to honor one at a time instead of getting surrounded. I did this today and the results are slightly better.

2) Once a while mana drain weapon could be better than a demon slayer, esp. when surrounded by Wisps and Gazers including paragons that can cast strong spells.

Do you honor anything or just the higher MoBs ?

The reason for asking, is that usually, Warriors move very fast, sometimes even hit while running, without moving, and using Honor on every single Creature, would slow down the killing quite a lot.

So, in your experience, you did Honor on every single creature or just on some higher ones ?
    @popps please look up honor and bushido. It takes quite a few hits to build the luck. So just things that take a bunch of hits.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited October 2021
    I've been playing around with CC macros which keep my left hand on the keyboard around my main macros and my right hand from having to pull bars and double click.

InvokeVirtue-> Honor
    SelectNearest -> Hostile
    CurrentTarget
    AttackSelectedTarget

With this I run up to my target, hit the command, and it invokes honor and starts hitting it all together. You may need to add delays in as necessary. 

edited October 2021
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    Some thoughts:

The reason for asking, is that usually, Warriors move very fast, sometimes even hit while running, without moving, and using Honor on every single Creature, would slow down the killing quite a lot.

So, in your experience, you did Honor on every single creature or just on some higher ones ?
    Actually, I followed an advise from stratics or uoguide to honor every monster big or small. 

It’s the first macro key that I always use before each fight: honor, attack current target, sword onslaught, etc. 

Pawain reminded about building the luck which I forgot, is that honor perfection luck is the score ^2 / 10. For one hit kills like Imp I am not sure if there is any luck into it.

Based on one luck hour yesterday, this method gives me slightly more, about 17 drops instead of 15. Probably the honor on the elder gazers, hell hound and lesser paragons gives more luck via perfection. The gargoyle and Imp gives less or no honor luck but I think they do seem to drop more minor arties. 

Will it slow down killing? I feel it’s a yes. 
    But what is more important is Does it affect drop rate? 
    Let’s say this method theoretically mean kill less for same if not more. And it helps to increase survivability.

For example at the door of a room flooded with monsters, I will open and target the nearest at the door first instead of running in and WW. 

By luring them out a few at a time and honor, helps against getting ganked by spell attacks from 10 or 20 monsters. Even 75 or 80 resist with 150 HP is not enough to survive. 

I will help advise you whenever I can as long as y’all don’t make things worse for the warrior class  :D. Archers, mages and tamers all have ranged weapon, but warrior is the only one that fights by contact. It is the most common infantry, commando and only human tank in the entire game with just 150 HP. And it’s the most fun because we try to kill everything with just 150 HP, by standing next to the monster that could have 100,000 Hp.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    Some thoughts:

Actually, I followed an advise from stratics or uoguide to honor every monster big or small. 

It’s the first macro key that I always use before each fight: honor, attack current target, sword onslaught, etc. 

Pawain reminded about building the luck which I forgot, is that honor perfection luck is the score ^2 / 10. For one hit kills like Imp I am not sure if there is any luck into it.

Based on one luck hour yesterday, this method gives me slightly more, about 17 drops instead of 15. Probably the honor on the elder gazers, hell hound and lesser paragons gives more luck via perfection. The gargoyle and Imp gives less or no honor luck but I think they do seem to drop more minor arties. 

Will it slow down killing? I feel it’s a yes. 
    But what is more important is Does it affect drop rate? 
    Let’s say this method theoretically mean kill less for same if not more. And it helps to increase survivability.

For example at the door of a room flooded with monsters, I will open and target the nearest at the door first instead of running in and WW. 

By luring them out a few at a time and honor, helps against getting ganked by spell attacks from 10 or 20 monsters. Even 75 or 80 resist with 150 HP is not enough to survive. 

I will help advise you whenever I can as long as y’all don’t make things worse for the warrior class  :D. Archers, mages and tamers all have ranged weapon, but warrior is the only one that fights by contact. It is the most common infantry, commando and only human tank in the entire game with just 150 HP. And it’s the most fun because we try to kill everything with just 150 HP, by standing next to the monster that could have 100,000 Hp.

The last part not really true because ranged fighters get surrounded as much as you with no WW and moving seems like a easy answer but you can't shoot/throw while moving... plus did i mention no damage reduction for gargoyles..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    The last part not really true because ranged fighters get surrounded as much as you with no WW and moving seems like a easy answer but you can't shoot/throw while moving... plus did i mention no damage reduction for gargoyles..
    I am saying in general that is how most mmorpg is played with 3 tanks in the front row, archers and mages standing at the back. In UO, yeah everyone gets swarmed. So you just said correctly ranged fighters cannot fight melee, because they are not designed to do so. If a ranged warrior can do well when swarmed, then we don't need tank. This is the time when we need to nerf. 
    If you try to honor everything there is less chance you miss the ones that matter.