MoBs' corpses decay time has been shortened : STOP THEM looting players' characters !!

2

Comments

  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 827
    edited October 13
    "So what you're saying is, you're not bothering to insure them,
    and complaining they're getting looted....


    you don't have time to insure them, but you have time to farm them and die and lose them? okay"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 16
    edited October 13
    I'm surprised that Insure Item is not even in the macro list for the Classic Client.. It wouldn't help with trying to find the drop in your backpack, but it can help with insuring an item a bit quicker...

    Is it available in UOA or Pinco or something... ?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 714
    Bag of Sending is faster.
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 60
    If insurance takes too long then the bag of sending is your friend.
    See the message, double-click the BoS and target the item. Takes no more than a few seconds. Unless it´s a ring or such tiny item, then it might take a few more seconds to find it in the backpack.

    As for the rest of the items such as petals and other consumables. Carry multiple stacks of each. Figure out some decoy items that the mobs will loot first and carry those as well.
    The devs have provided us with plenty of tools already to combat losing stuff.

    On Siege we can lose half our suit to monsters. We res up, go back half naked (*gasp* You can do that?), find a way to defeat the monster and take back our items.
    I understand the shorter decay timer on certain monsters makes taking back your stuff a bit harder but that´s where things like insurance and BoSs come into play.

    If there´s no risk in the game then what´s the point of playing it?
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    Yoshi said:
    "So what you're saying is, you're not bothering to insure them,
    and complaining they're getting looted....


    you don't have time to insure them, but you have time to farm them and die and lose them? okay"
    Again, explain to me WHY ON EARTH the code should get MoBs to loot them in the first place.

    What for ?

    Players are there for these drops.
    Players spend their time to get these drops.
    Players want/need to get these drops.

    What is the point, purpose, reason for, therefore, having MoBs loot these drops from players' corpses ?

    There is no reason whatsoever that MoBs are coded to loot them, and, to my opinion, they should not loot them, period.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    Bag of Sending is faster.
    Is it really considering that then one needs to spend more time to get the charges to recharge the bag ?

    It is all about time.....

    That is, to save up time, not to increase the expenditure of time....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,923
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "So what you're saying is, you're not bothering to insure them,
    and complaining they're getting looted....


    you don't have time to insure them, but you have time to farm them and die and lose them? okay"
    Again, explain to me WHY ON EARTH the code should get MoBs to loot them in the first place.

    What for ?

    Players are there for these drops.
    Players spend their time to get these drops.
    Players want/need to get these drops.

    What is the point, purpose, reason for, therefore, having MoBs loot these drops from players' corpses ?

    There is no reason whatsoever that MoBs are coded to loot them, and, to my opinion, they should not loot them, period.
    You speak of the reward but don't want the risk...
  • JasonJason Posts: 2
    popps said:
    Bag of Sending is faster.
    Is it really considering that then one needs to spend more time to get the charges to recharge the bag ?

    It is all about time.....

    That is, to save up time, not to increase the expenditure of time....

    That’s 30 charges. If you carried 2 surely that would cover your 1 hour potion. If I got 30 drops in a hour I would be stoked...y’all are beasts at this. 

    It sounds like most believe it’s set up that way in order to increase the challenge of the event. Which I’m an easy mode kinda cat so I can’t say I love that but I do get it. 

    There are some good solutions that people have posted...while maybe not perfect or what you would prefer but good ideas nonetheless. I personally lost 1 drop this way and have stopped to click myself and insure every drop since. I’ve even died because I was taking the time to insure. Yea that blows, but generally I was just happy to have gotten it insured first. I’ve pretty much just accepted that I’m going to die a TON in Hyloth anyway. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 537
    MAKE A HOTKEY FOR INSURING YOUR ITEMS.

    EASY. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 313
    It's both good and bad game design.

    It's a legacy system from back when the game wasn't quite so item-intensive. We can only assume back when they initially included this system it was supposed to create a little bit of relationship between you and the mob that killed and looted you. "That Orc took my bandages, he's going to pay!" 

    But, a single dropped item in this event does equal a lot of play time invested. And since there isn't a timer or function where if you are looted by a mob once you can't get looted again for X amount of minutes (allowing you to re-gear and insure the rest of your items) you might find yourself in a downward spiral against your looter. It's killed you again and again and taken all of your things again and again. This is where an added bit of (minor) difficulty and a cute way the game tries to engage with your actions becomes bad game design. A system designed to engage becomes punishing.

    As others have suggested in this thread, there are plenty of ways to circumvent this. But those ways being viable doesn't change the fact that eventually gameplay systems go bad. In our nearly quarter-century old game I think we're too quick to suggest an in-game band aid over a meaningful system update. 

  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 345
    dvvid said:
    MAKE A HOTKEY FOR INSURING YOUR ITEMS.

    EASY. 
    I send drops with a bag immediately.

    What's not working for me, as in, what bums me out A LOT, is when you get the message you can't receive a gift if you're dead (I'm paraphrasing). When rez'd nothing drops into pack. When I get back to kill what killed me I don't find it as loot. And the clock seems to reset on getting another drop.

    So, I was due for a drop but didn't receive it because I died? Well, that sucks.

    But yeah, drops are too few and far between to lose them. I don't mind insuring them or using a bag of sending or recalling and stashing it then flying back to the dungeon. But I'm not liking the not getting the intended drop because I'm being handed a death robe instead.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 537
    I’m pretty sure other drops in game will still go to your corpse when you die before getting the drop. Can anyone else confirm? Would be great if that happened with these “Treasures of” drops too. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 345
    edited October 13
    I believe I've received 3 messages saying I couldn't receive a drop while dead. After rezing and combing through pack I find no drop.

    Edited because of a poorly structured sentence.  :D
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,923
    It's always said that forever 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 714
    popps said:
    Bag of Sending is faster.
    Is it really considering that then one needs to spend more time to get the charges to recharge the bag ?

    It is all about time.....

    That is, to save up time, not to increase the expenditure of time....
    No matter what people say to you you ALWAYS have a WHINE about it.
    Powder is like 5K a charge on VS. I have tons of powder esp when I do sea chests for sending all the gold to bank.
    Make a Char that can survive more than 1 sec.
    I use area peace than invis both are on a macro and I play the CC also have a pet that destroyes them a Chiv/AI Cu works wonders, oh wait you don't even want to take the time to get a good trained pet alls you want to do is WHINE WHINE WHINE
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 698
    Truth is insuring something takes all of 1second maybe 2. 

    Your argument is that "you don't want to waste time" but when you die (and you seem like you die a lot) and losing drops that's a double waste of time. So pick your poison of what you waste time on. You are also wasting time coming here to complain about something that is clearly only something YOU have an issue with. 

    As someone else also mentioned - another option is to carry some recall runes on you as sacrifice to the balron gods. 

    Or just keep doing what you are doing and complaining about it here.... what's the definition of insanity again?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 345
    McDougle said:
    It's always said that forever 
    Getting that message isn’t the point. As I remember it, you end up with the drop in your pack after you rez. That doesn’t seem to be happening. And it doesn’t appear monsters are looting the drop. Because when I’ve gone back and finished them off it’s not found in the loot. Perhaps I’m misremembering. It’s been a minute. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "So what you're saying is, you're not bothering to insure them,
    and complaining they're getting looted....


    you don't have time to insure them, but you have time to farm them and die and lose them? okay"
    Again, explain to me WHY ON EARTH the code should get MoBs to loot them in the first place.

    What for ?

    Players are there for these drops.
    Players spend their time to get these drops.
    Players want/need to get these drops.

    What is the point, purpose, reason for, therefore, having MoBs loot these drops from players' corpses ?

    There is no reason whatsoever that MoBs are coded to loot them, and, to my opinion, they should not loot them, period.
    You speak of the reward but don't want the risk...
    The risk is to get one's own character killed, to have to get ressed and all that.

    Losing one's own earned Demonic Forces Artifact drops has nothing to do with "risk", it only makes the entire endeavour annoying and frustrating.

    A player spends like 15 minutes to get a drop only to see it go "poof" because the Developers decided to turn the decay timer of MoBs way too low to permit to players to recover it after they get ressed, resupplied and all that ?

    And this, mind you, in a Dungeon where, when crowded, MoBs drop left and right a go-go....

    The chances that a player can get back to whatever MoB looted them in time before the corpse decay, with the decay timer having been set so short, are close to non-existant...

    I say it again, with this timer set as so short, the ability for MoBs to loot Treasures of Artifact drops from killed players' characters should be turned off althogether.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    dvvid said:
    MAKE A HOTKEY FOR INSURING YOUR ITEMS.

    EASY. 
    Any suggestion about how to do it with the Classic Client, without using any of the unauthorized Third Party applications out there ?

    Oh, and it should be a Macro which would not need the player to actually need to target the actual Artifact drop.... it should be a Macro that does it all, automatically, only needing from the player the pressing of a key, nothing else....
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    edited October 13
    LilyGrace said:

    What's not working for me, as in, what bums me out A LOT, is when you get the message you can't receive a gift if you're dead (I'm paraphrasing). When rez'd nothing drops into pack. When I get back to kill what killed me I don't find it as loot. And the clock seems to reset on getting another drop.

    So, I was due for a drop but didn't receive it because I died? Well, that sucks.
    I totally agree.

    So much, that I posted about it here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9549/kyronix-this-is-not-funny-re-you-cant-receive-a-gift-when-you-are-dead-message
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    popps said:
    Bag of Sending is faster.
    Is it really considering that then one needs to spend more time to get the charges to recharge the bag ?

    It is all about time.....

    That is, to save up time, not to increase the expenditure of time....
    No matter what people say to you you ALWAYS have a WHINE about it.
    Powder is like 5K a charge on VS. I have tons of powder esp when I do sea chests for sending all the gold to bank.
    Make a Char that can survive more than 1 sec.
    I use area peace than invis both are on a macro and I play the CC also have a pet that destroyes them a Chiv/AI Cu works wonders, oh wait you don't even want to take the time to get a good trained pet alls you want to do is WHINE WHINE WHINE
    That is not the point.

    Why do players need to use WORK AROUNDS like bags of sending or insuring drops when the right way to go would be simply TURNING OFF in the code the ability for MoBs to loot Treasure of Artifact drops ?

    I mean, why use "patched up" solutions when there would be a "main" way to fix and solve the issue once and for all ??

    Just turn off for good already, the damn ability of MoBs to loot Treasures of Artifact drops !!!
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,633
    keven2002 said:
    Truth is insuring something takes all of 1second maybe 2. 

    Your argument is that "you don't want to waste time" but when you die (and you seem like you die a lot) and losing drops that's a double waste of time. So pick your poison of what you waste time on. You are also wasting time coming here to complain about something that is clearly only something YOU have an issue with. 

    As someone else also mentioned - another option is to carry some recall runes on you as sacrifice to the balron gods. 

    Or just keep doing what you are doing and complaining about it here.... what's the definition of insanity again?
    Why do players need to take upon themselves the burden to have to insure these drops or use a bag of sending when a simple change in the code disabling MoBs' ability to loot Treasures of Artifact drops would be a better and more permanent solution ??


  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 714
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Bag of Sending is faster.
    Is it really considering that then one needs to spend more time to get the charges to recharge the bag ?

    It is all about time.....

    That is, to save up time, not to increase the expenditure of time....
    No matter what people say to you you ALWAYS have a WHINE about it.
    Powder is like 5K a charge on VS. I have tons of powder esp when I do sea chests for sending all the gold to bank.
    Make a Char that can survive more than 1 sec.
    I use area peace than invis both are on a macro and I play the CC also have a pet that destroyes them a Chiv/AI Cu works wonders, oh wait you don't even want to take the time to get a good trained pet alls you want to do is WHINE WHINE WHINE
    That is not the point.

    Why do players need to use WORK AROUNDS like bags of sending or insuring drops when the right way to go would be simply TURNING OFF in the code the ability for MoBs to loot Treasure of Artifact drops ?

    I mean, why use "patched up" solutions when there would be a "main" way to fix and solve the issue once and for all ??

    Just turn off for good already, the damn ability of MoBs to loot Treasures of Artifact drops !!!
    OMG  LMAO Workarounds are you friggin joking.  How long has Bags of Sending been in the game? How long have we had Insurance?  Take 2 friggin seconds to either insure the item or send it to your bank.  Didn't you say you tried to use an Undertaker Staff well sir that is just another workaround.  In all the time you spent here WHINING you could have used VS and got a ton of bags and powder but what do you do you ask UO for an EASY BUTTON because you REFUSE to use thing that they but in the game as a FEATURE to help players keep their items.  If you REFUSE to use the FEATURES that are there then you have ZERO room to WHINE but knowing you you will always WHINE WHINE WHINE.  Serious question is you hate the way UO is designed then why do you even play it?  Wouldn't Candy Land be more to your liking.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 322
    I would hate to "pile on" @Kyronix, but your faithful peeps have it under control it seems.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,157
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    MAKE A HOTKEY FOR INSURING YOUR ITEMS.

    EASY. 
    Any suggestion about how to do it with the Classic Client, without using any of the unauthorized Third Party applications out there ?

    Oh, and it should be a Macro which would not need the player to actually need to target the actual Artifact drop.... it should be a Macro that does it all, automatically, only needing from the player the pressing of a key, nothing else....
    Carry a Bag of Sending, wont use but 1 charge every 15 mins according to you.

    They rarely loot items from me.  I told you carry the paragon chest you find, they love to loot those.
    I opened one yesterday that had 3 items in it.  I lost no petals.  Also they like runes and gems.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,923
    I think the solution is and correct me if I'm wrong 
    Would be perhaps to simply bless all drops 

    That way there would be zero risk of losing and seeing as how people have invested time and real life money that is only fair 

    To go even further to correct this grave injustice I'd suggest and this is just an idea of course which may or may not work

    Just give each player 1000 blessed drops to make up for the unspeakable horror we had to endure wondering if the mean balron had in fact looted our body as we gently tried to kill it 

    If said monsters would just hand over loot the might in fact be no need for killing at all

    So to clarify let's make love not war and 1000 blessed drops for all

    At least that's how I see it..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 714
     :D 
  • lolol man Popps why do you play this game? You apparently want a game where you click one button on a screen and it gives you shiny goodies each time. 

    Do you know of any other game that has MOBS that fucking loot your drops? I think that's cool as hell that they can do that and you have to go try n get em back. It's not unfair, u know it happens and that it's a mechanic since day 1.

    The drops are worth like 5m each. You can't take 5 seconds to click the context menu to insure it? 

    Seriously bags of sending are a thing. Insurance is a thing. Oh no you have to buy powder? Well if you bothered to insure just 1 drop instead of getting it looted that would be 5-freaking-mil you can spend on powder. So @ 100k a charge that's 50 powder for every single time u don't insure a drop and lose it.

    BTW your drops aren't decaying. The guy who kills that enemy gets them.  Dead enemies can't loot you and since you died, the enemy must still be alive, so apparently your drops aren't being wasted, they are being redistributed to players who avenge your death. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 827
    “Yes it should be noted that only the person who was looted will be able to access their looted goods from the mobs corpse”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

This discussion has been closed.