EC Macro question

Have a macro question - I made a macro in the enhanced client which is attack nearest enemy - double strike - delay 2 sec- whirlwind - delay 2 sec- attack nearest enemy - double strike - repeat - This normally works fine but with the current event the dungeon has been packed with mobs and players - I've found that if I'm around a ninja in tiger form the macro targets his duplicates instead of the mobs - is there anyway to correct or work around this other then manually targeting when he is close?

Comments

• RinerRiner Posts: 354
    I checked it again it's actually - target nearest enemy - attack current target - double strike - etc don't know why it see's the ninja duplicates as enemy or how to exclude them
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    The problem is not with the macro but with your targeting. Look at your target bar/filters to make sure the duplicates are not listed as enemies there.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    edited October 2021
    Be careful with EC attack macros.  With the mobs still ghosting, it can be dangerous.... seen that movie :)  I won't turn mine back on again until ghost mobs are fixed.
    I assigned target nearest enemy = Tab ,  Primary attack = 2 , secondary attack = 3 , found this to be comfortable and efficient on standard keyboard.

Thanks! and yes it seems they are listed as enemies. I ended up moving my targeting out of the macro and now use target nearest, target next and attack macro. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    hmm, the macro setup is weird.

When I use whirlwind, it's usually surrounded and i want to repeat the same.

Likewise when I use double strike or AI, it means focused attack on one and I will want a macro just for that.

Now what I did with above two types of attack is 
    Attack nearest
    Whirlwind
    Cast counterattack

When surrounded, counterattack triggers easily and it's possible to get double whirlwind.

Likewise with doublestrike but I cast the CA separately because it triggers less.

Anyway what I mean is separate macro for primary and secondary attack. Just sharing my method.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited October 2021
    well just to be clear I wasn't sure if each time CA managed to trigger a 2nd whirlwind but I know it triggered. So it's beautiful.

For double strike it becomes a quadruple strike however some will miss normally so at best double becomes triple hit.

But for DS, CA triggers less often so that is a bonus for long fight, e.g. against the Generals in Invasion it can fight forever and a triple strike is a good bonus.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    The other problem is when people summon lichs or colossus's, they're red and target nearest enemy counts them..... annoying when its a guildie,  the thing will attack you back.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “This bug has already been reported, AND was raised again during test phase of publish 111. However received no acknowledgment. I am not sure why this is a taboo subject.

Perhaps if a trammel player reports the issue it will be read”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    it has been reported. devs said no to changing summons so they are not red( when most summons are blue ) and won't remove them from the targeting because of that.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    In EC i enable a reds bar well and a blues and push them out of sight
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    "they do not need to even change the colour of a summon, if i cast earthquake, it does not harm/attack non hostile summons (red summons from other players) even in fel.

They need to amend the hostile list to match that of mage area spells"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Seth said:

Likewise when I use double strike or AI, it means focused attack on one and I will want a macro just for that.

Attack nearest
    Whirlwind
    Cast counterattack

When surrounded, counterattack triggers easily and it's possible to get double whirlwind.

Likewise with doublestrike but I cast the CA separately because it triggers less.

Anyway what I mean is separate macro for primary and secondary attack. Just sharing my method.
    Do you put a delay between whirlwind and Counter Attack - and do you repeat your attacks?
    edited October 2021
    Riner said:
    Seth said:

Attack nearest
    Whirlwind
    Cast counterattack

Do you put a delay between whirlwind and Counter Attack - and do you repeat your attacks?
    Yes, delay about 1 second is fine. 

WW first before CA. I used to repeat it but now no more. I have different macro for swordsman onslaught and honor, that I use at the beginning of a fight. Then I switch around manually. 

I know what u mean, u just like to have one macro and rotate all spells and attack. We have done that but not quite effective.