Should we expect varying global event content from shard to shard moving forward?

2»

Comments

• Tjalle said:
    Tjalle said:
    Why are people arguing against it as if their lives depended on it?
    Same sub fee equals same content.
    So who is to say that Ron doesn´t deserve the same content as Keven? No "valid point" or "legit argument" has to be provided. That´s just stupid.

So I´ll repeat it in case some of you missed it, same sub fee equals same content.
    Everyone has access to the exact same content as everyone else being in Felucca on 6 shards doesn't change this that same content is available to them in trammel.
    You just killed your own argument.

And EM events are designed to be tailored to their specific shard by their local EM.
    EM events are still content that is exclusive to the specific shard and if you want to throw around the argument of equality then EM events need to be globally the same arc. 

No where was it ever stated that Felucca was intended for the dev treasure events every shard has access to it in trammel the intended tailor made location for every shard. If the dev's decide some populations need Felucca active that's their call but that is not adding 'content' to one shard over another because the exact same content is available everywhere.  You guys need to stop the argument about sub fee's because its completely invalid. 

You are just an overly vocal minority anyways trying to bully the dev team into catering to you by throwing around false statements of inequality.  Any opportunity you guys can get to dev bash these days it's quite comical.
  • Threnody said:
    If they want to begin taking Dev events and doing limited shard releases they ought to also offer ways for people on the "unimportant" shards to move to where they can enjoy the same level of Dev released content as any other paying subscriber. Free of charge, one way, preferably with fair home replacement.
    What Dev released content are you unable to enjoy as a paying subscriber that others are enjoying.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    There is clearly not a valid reason for it not to be on every shard. I can see why it would be upsetting because one day my shard may be on the chopping block for content because another has a higher population. Population should not negate a shard from getting what another shard does. (yes I understand that EM content is different based on the imagination of the EM)

Since when does it take a crazy amount of more work to copy and paste changes to a different shard???? Is it based on, oh we didn't have time to update all the shards? so delay it a few days to be sure everyone gets the content.

If we don't stand now, what else will they arbitrarily decide a shard doesn't need.

Every reason thought is a conspiracy until we hear a viable excuse. (" 'cause I said" doesn't count)
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Some of us choose to play in fel, where there is added danger and excitement from pvp. Not me, i suck at it. But it is actually more work for devs and ems to place manually, than it would be for a line of code to activate said event at server up on day of.  Why not just activate it on fel and tram side all over?
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Tjalle said:
    Tjalle said:
    Why are people arguing against it as if their lives depended on it?
    Same sub fee equals same content.
    So who is to say that Ron doesn´t deserve the same content as Keven? No "valid point" or "legit argument" has to be provided. That´s just stupid.

So I´ll repeat it in case some of you missed it, same sub fee equals same content.
    Everyone has access to the exact same content as everyone else being in Felucca on 6 shards doesn't change this that same content is available to them in trammel.
    You just killed your own argument.

And EM events are designed to be tailored to their specific shard by their local EM.
    EM events are still content that is exclusive to the specific shard and if you want to throw around the argument of equality then EM events need to be globally the same arc. 
    Again, EM events are designed to be tailored to their specific shard by their local EM.
    Which means that as long as there´s an EM on the shard, it´s working as intended. With that being said, if a shard lacks an EM then one should be hired to make it equal.

As for the rest of your post, I´ll just repeat it: same sub fee equals same content.

Now, if you want to hang on to your straw man argument, feel free to do so.
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Gidge said:
    There is clearly not a valid reason for it not to be on every shard. I can see why it would be upsetting because one day my shard may be on the chopping block for content because another has a higher population. Population should not negate a shard from getting what another shard does. (yes I understand that EM content is different based on the imagination of the EM)

Since when does it take a crazy amount of more work to copy and paste changes to a different shard???? Is it based on, oh we didn't have time to update all the shards? so delay it a few days to be sure everyone gets the content.

If we don't stand now, what else will they arbitrarily decide a shard doesn't need.

Every reason thought is a conspiracy until we hear a viable excuse. (" 'cause I said" doesn't count)
    Exactly.
    If it can be coded on shard A, it can be coded on shard B. And if the devs have coded it so it has to be activated manually on each shard, well guess what, then they´ll just have to activate it manually on each shard.