Should we expect varying global event content from shard to shard moving forward?

Just curious if the smaller shards should expect to only receive only a portion of the content pushed on busier shards. Everyone I have talked to that plays on the smaller shards are pretty disappointed in the exclusion of Fel Hythloth considering drops and rewards are shard bound.  

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    What shard? I just popped in a few "smaller shards" including Orgin/Sonoma/Balhae and the most people I saw was 3 on Origin (other 2 shards had zero people on level 1). Why is Fel needed when the entire Tram side is essentially open?

Compare that to ATL where there is no less than 40 people in the dungeon right now which actually requires another facet to help spread people out.
  • If you look at it from that perspective I guess it could make sense. However, some people aren't concerned with the concentration of people. That's why we aren't on Atlantic in the first place. I would have participated in the event had it been in fel on my shard, instead I plan on siting this one out. Repetitive grinding without the added complexity of fel makes it a non starter for myself and quite a few people like me. 

If the goal was to only accommodate the shards that have the largest communities, why wasn't Catskills included? Catskills has more pvp than LS & Pac combined. I'm just trying to understand the logic form the developers point of view, should they be kind enough to respond. I hope that in the future they may reconsider the conclusion they came to this time. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited October 2021
    The ENTITLED have spoken.  Do we get a discount on our subs because we do not get all of the content UO provides?  @Mesanna @Kyronix
    @RonFellows sorry but even though you pay the same sub as everybody else you are not one of the entitled so you do not deserve special treatment, maybe you should also get a discount on your subs like the rest of the unWOKE deserve.
  • I don't think it is an unreasonable assumption that all customers would want the same content/service that others are receiving. I'm not asking for special treatment. If that is entitlement, so be it. 
    edited October 2021
    I don't think it is an unreasonable assumption that all customers would want the same content/service that others are receiving. I'm not asking for special treatment. If that is entitlement, so be it. 
    Please re read, never said you were but yes we damn well should get the same treatment as the ENTITLED/WOKE crowd.
  • Oh, I see. ok. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    What complexities are really added by being in Fel? Reds? On a dead shard where there aren't even more than 5 people in Tram do you think reds are going to bother going to hunt people in Fel? Don't want to be able to recall out? You don't have to recall in and out... start at the front and work your way down. I'm a bit confused as to what complexity Fel really adds.

This idea of entitlement is like someone on ATL saying they are a paying customer and they should be able to have a castle. They are also paying customers are they not? I know they could move to whatever dead shard you want Fel opened on to place but they shouldn't have to move right?

That said, if there was really a legit argument for the dead shards getting it in Fel then I'd be all for it but I don't buy it so far. It sounds like there is some secret reason behind it that will benefit the select few. You want it known that you want it changed but don't want to really say why because you want to keep the benefit all to yourself.
    edited October 2021
    keven2002 said:
    What complexities are really added by being in Fel? Reds? On a dead shard where there aren't even more than 5 people in Tram do you think reds are going to bother going to hunt people in Fel? Don't want to be able to recall out? You don't have to recall in and out... start at the front and work your way down. I'm a bit confused as to what complexity Fel really adds.

This idea of entitlement is like someone on ATL saying they are a paying customer and they should be able to have a castle. They are also paying customers are they not? I know they could move to whatever dead shard you want Fel opened on to place but they shouldn't have to move right?

That said, if there was really a legit argument for the dead shards getting it in Fel then I'd be all for it but I don't buy it so far. It sounds like there is some secret reason behind it that will benefit the select few. You want it known that you want it changed but don't want to really say why because you want to keep the benefit all to yourself.
    LMAO  You really tried to use a Castle as support to your entitlement argument, what a joke.  Everybody has the same chance to get a Castle as anybody else no matter what shard.  We wouldn't want to step on your entitlement now would we, the fact is all players pay the same subs no matter what shard they play on and all players should be afforded the exact same content no matter what shard they play on period.  But we know how the Entitled/Woke world works only the selected deserve it, the rest just pays for it.  Go back to your conspiracy theory of a SECERET reason BULLCRAP, what a joke.  I am so big and bad that I rule my shard and can totally control any and all Fel Dungeon no matter how many you bring, YEP YEP YEP there you go., see how STUPID that sounds but to you that must be the reason, you really are a tool.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    In addition the drop rate in Fel is higher then it is in Tram. So in order for all players to have the same opportunity to get drops all shards should include Fel.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Riner said:
    In addition the drop rate in Fel is higher then it is in Tram. So in order for all players to have the same opportunity to get drops all shards should include Fel.

And there is the VALID POINT!
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    i’ll try to give an argument for discussion purpose:

for those less populated shards, to consolidate all the players into 1 place to encourage team play and help those less experienced/ return players to fight the pumped up number of mobs and paragons in a very confined dungeon 
    Aragorn said:
    i’ll try to give an argument for discussion purpose:

for those less populated shards, to consolidate all the players into 1 place to encourage team play and help those less experienced/ return players to fight the pumped up number of mobs and paragons in a very confined dungeon 

That probably works great in concept but that is not what happens in practice.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Tyrath said:
    Riner said:

Drop rate is the same on both sides. Kyronix confirmed this. 
    How about the people that play on shards that do NOT have this pay the SAME sub as the players that have this feature.  Equal pay means equal treatment.  @Kyronix on the next event exclude the Shards that have this event in Fel and see how many people SCREAM about FAIR treatment.  Atl players will all have a heart attack.
    dvvid said:
    Tyrath said:
    Riner said:

Drop rate is the same on both sides. Kyronix confirmed this. 

Last I checked there was no response to my question "So the fel luck does not factor into the calculation?"

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    I thought that Luck contributes to increasing the intensity of the mods on the drops... not necessarily the number of drops.  I could be wrong, but that was the way I understood it the last time a developer commented on the topic. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    IMerlin said:
    I thought that Luck contributes to increasing the intensity of the mods on the drops... not necessarily the number of drops.  I could be wrong, but that was the way I understood it the last time a developer commented on the topic. 
    In a past event kyronix said you should get more drops with more luck.

But you are correct about intensity in normal game play.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Luck gets more drops no doubt but the Fel luck bonus doesn’t apply to everything unfortunately. 
  • If you got 5 people active  in tram during peak, id be thanking my lucky stars they even bother keeping it running. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    If they need to manually setup Tram and Fel separately, then it makes sense to do so depending on the population.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think it's the usual lack of communication that offends customers the most i am ok with absolute statements. We will put in all shards when it's champ spawns dungeon only top 5 shards if not.. just tell us...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    I moved to Atl about 5 years back and am definately a fel player. I really enjoyed the fel Deceit and Fire events. On Atl I've been more of a solo player. Even though the events can be grindy the player interaction on the fel side is both cooperative and frenemyish.  I recent found out a couple long time GL friends were up for some action. While yes. I'm doing the grind in Tram on GL, I really wish we had the choice to play on the facet we truly enjoy.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2021
    I have not been to fel event but I think it works like day one champ spawn.

When there are many different group or solo players in fel, they is more cooperation rather than a mass war. After all, the main objective is to get the arties. Or in champspawn, the scrolls. If there is pk or criminals, they tend to get targeted instead.

But when the number of players are much lesser or thin, the tendency to have PKs are higher. It just takes a few to dominate the Fel dungeon, and selfishly harvest the minor artifacts while chasing out others.

Just my hypothesis.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    edited October 2021
    Why are people arguing against it as if their lives depended on it?
    Same sub fee equals same content.
    So who is to say that Ron doesn´t deserve the same content as Keven? No "valid point" or "legit argument" has to be provided. That´s just stupid.

So I´ll repeat it in case some of you missed it, same sub fee equals same content.
  • Tjalle said:
    So who is to say that Ron doesn´t deserve the same content as Keven? No "valid point" or "legit argument" has to be provided. That´s just stupid.

So I´ll repeat it in case some of you missed it, same sub fee equals same content.
    Everyone has access to the exact same content as everyone else being in Felucca on 6 shards doesn't change this that same content is available to them in trammel.

By the logic in this thread everytime an EM event happens you guys should be up in arms because they are different from each other and some give better rewards. 

Every shard has had custom content since the beginning this is nothing new. So why wait til now to start complaining about it?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Tjalle said:

Everyone has access to the exact same content as everyone else being in Felucca on 6 shards doesn't change this that same content is available to them in trammel.

By the logic in this thread everytime an EM event happens you guys should be up in arms because they are different from each other and some give better rewards. 

Every shard has had custom content since the beginning this is nothing new. So why wait til now to start complaining about it?
    I think the issue is that the pvp player base is small but the play on multiple shards so they want/need good gear on every shard. Now i know you're thinking that they could do on tram side but many could be red and without victims i mean the thrill of battle there's no point...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Tjalle said:

This is a Global Event set up by the DEVs not some shard event set up by the EMs.  So you are saying to the other 19 Prodo that they do not deserve what the 6 WOKE Shards deserve.  Shame on you think that you are better than all the rest of UO but we all know you think that you are one of the "special people".  Equal Pay Equals Equal Service
    EPEES EPEES EPEES EPEES EPEES EPEES EPEES EPEES EPEES
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Tjalle said:

You just killed your own argument.

And EM events are designed to be tailored to their specific shard by their local EM.
  • If they want to begin taking Dev events and doing limited shard releases they ought to also offer ways for people on the "unimportant" shards to move to where they can enjoy the same level of Dev released content as any other paying subscriber. Free of charge, one way, preferably with fair home replacement.