how is this guy doin this?

on atlantic is a guy named lichdontkillmyvibe, he is sitting in hylthoth as a ghost spamming gen chat everytime someone dies, i have added him to me ignore list 3 times, i verified each time his name is on my list, and 3 times today he has taking his name off of my ignore list, i verified all 3 times it was no longer on my list.

Comments

• New char same name.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Rather then "how" he or she would be doing it, I would like to know the "why" he or she would be doing this....

I mean, why would anyone spend their time to broadcast in General Chat whenever someone else is dyeing in Hythloth ?

Also, he or she can only see those Ghosts coming near the character, not those dyeing in places away from the character.... not to mention, those players using Sacrifice or Gift of Life to self-res or a buddy to res them nearby..... how can he or she see them if the dyeing and the ressing happens away from the character ?

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Whitewolf said:
    on atlantic is a guy named lichdontkillmyvibe, he is sitting in hylthoth as a ghost spamming gen chat everytime someone dies, i have added him to me ignore list 3 times, i verified each time his name is on my list, and 3 times today he has taking his name off of my ignore list, i verified all 3 times it was no longer on my list.
    Is your ignore list full? I know mine is so when I try to add a new person to a new line it looks like it's added but they aren't. You get like 25 slots of ignore (a certain RTM has like 22 of mine) so just click on an existing one and try adding that way and then saving.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Well the 'why' is easy. People dying in the dungeon means skeletal knights spawning in the graveyards. I've seen named skeleton bones on vendor search priced at anything from 10k to 2 million.
    The how I can't explain.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    when im in hyth i dont even look at chat window... too focused on not dying
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    And here I am putting the bones on my vendor for free.....

2 million?? Ridiculous!

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Honestly why would anyone care?  Are you saying some players are going to rush to graveyards to get a specific dead players bones?  Don’t think bones sell that well.  Last year I had lots for sale only sold at best just a few.  Would have done much better playing in Deceit or whatever the dungeons name was.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited October 2021
    Larisa said:

2 million?? Ridiculous!

And if they are not my bones I just dump them in the container on the Vesper Cem house steps with the container set to anyone.   Unless someone puts out in GC or here that they want their bones and then I separate  those and put them in the Yew Cem house.......... And on a side note I killed Larisa Skels all night and got a whopping two more white long bones!  I don't think its is you that the rng hates just yer name! Trained a character from 80-120 Smith and 92-120 tailor while trying for the bones for you!  ZIt has became a mission to get you a sitting gold/bronze set of bones NOW.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Larisa said:

2 million?? Ridiculous!

Me too, actually. I hold on to any belonging to guild or alliance mates and stick the rest in a vendor at 0gp.  BTW, you know you can get named bones from 'a skeletal knight' or 'a bone knight'.  I've had around half my player bones from knights that didn't have a character name.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Larisa said:

2 million?? Ridiculous!

Me too, actually. I hold on to any belonging to guild or alliance mates and stick the rest in a vendor at 0gp.  BTW, you know you can get named bones from 'a skeletal knight' or 'a bone knight'.  I've had around half my player bones from knights that didn't have a character name.

Have seen several that had a character name but lost it while fighting it, and others that didn't have a character name that gained a character name while fighting them.  I just figure Named, Bone or Skeletal are all a potential shot at Bones.