Dear Devs, can you please make it possible to combine Gargoyle's Pickaxes charges ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
Several players, with the Hythloth Event, are looting the occasional Gargoyle's pickaxe which may show up on their corpses.

Even though they are not common to be found, because of the many kills to farm for Demonic forces' Artifact drops, eventually, the found Gargoyle's pickaxes "add up" and, contribute to players' already VERY stressing storage situation.....

Therefore, would it be possible to have you kindly make their charges combine and, since they come with 100+ charges on average, to make it possible to combine them at least to 5,000 charges ?

That would make it possible to save up 40 storage slots as, moreless, 40 Gargoyle's Pickaxes make up for about 5,000 charges.

It would contribute towards alleviating players' issues with storage.

Thank you SO much.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    You young whippersnappers and your save storage back in my day if we wanted hundreds of something we opened a second account not complained about needing more storage.....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited October 2021
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    You young whippersnappers and your save storage back in my day if we wanted hundreds of something we opened a second account not complained about needing more storage.....
    Do we realize the many games out there that a player can play in place of Ultima Online ?

Many of which, mind you, do not even require a monthly subscription to play....

The competition is VERY hard....

Rather then alienating players from wanting to play Ultima Online (and go to play other games out there...), or have their Ultima Online gameplay cost them even more, if they need to open up more accounts in order to be able to keep playing, I think that things should go towards favouring players in their gameplay to keep playing Ultima Online and, thus, so being willing to pay their monthly subscription.

But Ultima Online is a very old game, the competition out there from other games is quite strong, and asking to players to increase their monthly spending for Ultima Online alone, if they want to alleviate their storage issues, to my opinion, might end up backfiring and have some of these players, rather then opening more accounts with Ultima Online, just move for good to other games....

Just a thought.
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    Do we realize the many games out there that a player can play in place of Ultima Online ?

Rather then alienating players from wanting to play Ultima Online (and go to play other games out there...), or have their Ultima Online gameplay cost them even more, if they need to open up more accounts in order to be able to keep playing, I think that things should go towards favouring players in their gameplay to keep playing Ultima Online and, thus, so being willing to pay their monthly subscription.

But Ultima Online is a very old game, the competition out there from other games is quite strong, and asking to players to increase their monthly spending for Ultima Online alone, if they want to alleviate their storage issues, to my opinion, might end up backfiring and have some of these players, rather then opening more accounts with Ultima Online, just move for good to other games....

Just a thought.
    Do you realize how few things you really need and that sometimes you have to make tough choices in life 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Just a thought.
    Do you realize how few things you really need and that sometimes you have to make tough choices in life 
    Because the Developers cannot introduce better ways for players to store their items, such as permitting to combine Gargoyle's Pickaxes or Designing Weapons Racks to hold 500 weapons but count as 1 or Armor Armoires to hold 500 armor pieces but count as 1 and other similar ways as we have other containers already ?

Seriously ?
    We have 250 use bod reward tools, 600 use ASH and we can combine runics to 100 what would really be the harm in making all like stuff increase to 1000.  I use ASH a lot doing plate bods sp right now and having 600 uses allows for a lot of items to fill bods so upping everything to 1000 use would help all crafters/miners
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 173
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Just a thought.
    Lol i love when people make this same sort of comment in gen chat, if there is so many better games out there then what are you doin here complaining about this one? yes there is alot of MMO's out there, and yes i have tried almost all of them, but yet i keep finding myself comming back to UO? why? well because in the 20+ years UO has been around no one has been able to make a game like UO.
    It's not that it or isn't an issue when solutions are repeatedly offered and ignored because they are not what a poster insists is the only real solution..
    Mine has ZERO to do with storage and more on a quality of life.  Unlike the OP i have 3 castles with plenty of storage I just hate getting tools all the time esp when you reforge a lot.
    Mine has ZERO to do with storage and more on a quality of life.  Unlike the OP i have 3 castles with plenty of storage I just hate getting tools all the time esp when you reforge a lot.
    They need to let us add runic charges to Smith press sewing machine etc
    McDougle said:
    They need to let us add runic charges to Smith press sewing machine etc
    Then you would need a smithpress for every runic and they would totally need to redo how each worked for reforging.  1000 use runic would do us just fine for reforging and for those that do not have the vet rewards a 1000 use tool would be a huge quality of life upgrade.  I had a;; of the crafting vet rewards and they did not fit my decor so I sold them.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     Would not hurt my feelings if we were able to combine all tools into 1000 use tools.  Sewing Kits, picks, shovels, garg picks and runics burned through 4,000 runics charges of bronze the other day Making 150 Luck Weapons and Shields for my characters that need them and need their current ones replaced.  Using 4-5 combined 1000 use hammers would have made the whole process a bit easier.  And Mining whether with garg picks or a shovel is a real PITA having to carry so many or constantly stop and tinker more shovels, be nice to just combine 10 exceptionals into 1 1000 use in advance and carry 5-10 shovels for a niter expedition.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yep completely agree with the above
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2021
    I would agree with tyrath . But he uses the charges. The OP just wants to store them in a box forever so he wants to use less lock downs. Maybe the devs want us to use these consumables  and not store them forever.

I only take 3 garg axes and a prospective tool. I am bored with mining by then.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    If you aren't mining with a pirate ship you are just wrong..
    McDougle said:
    If you aren't mining with a pirate ship you are just wrong..
    As long as that ship is in fel , I agree.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yeah sure but honestly I like to explore and have an adventure when mining. I’ll go anywhere even dungeons. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I have asked at a meet and greet to be able to combine shovel & pickaxe.
    I was basically told that they didn't want us to hoard them.
    I can't pass up the opportunity to loot a shovel or pickaxe
    because I can always use them (when its less busy)

I don't loot the gargoyle pickaxes
    (because I don't use them)

============

recently for a guild event, we showed the returning players how to dig at the volcano.
    This took my stash down some.
    (some members wouldn't take any from me, because they wanted to craft their own.
    otherwise my stash would be lot less)

the quest in Eodon doesn't require mining
    and every dig takes one count from the tool
    so you go through tools like crazy
    ==========

usually when my miner goes mining
    i will take a pack horse (loaded with bags of shovels or pickaxe)
    and a fire beetle (to smelt the ore)

It would make lot less work, if we could combine these
    shovels weigh 5 stones each
    and pickaxe weigh 11 stones each

============

recently for a guild event, we showed the returning players how to dig at the volcano.
    (some members wouldn't take any from me, because they wanted to craft their own.

==========

Why not just craft them as you go ?
  • McDougle said:

============

==========

Because then, they wouldn't have an excuse to Hoard things. C'mon, get with the program.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

McDougle said:

because my miner doesn't have tinkering
    nor does my tamer

I want to be able to grab them and go
    (I know that I can craft them,
    but that uses ingots, that I need for doing BODs)

my miner smelts ingots for my crafter
    to use for BODs
    or for all crafting needs
    (all three of these are on the same account)
    (I do have more than one account,
    but why should I have to log into a 2nd character
    just to bring me tools?

(I am also aware that I can get 250 count ones
    from turning in BODs. I have lot of those too
    but they are currently on another shard)
    @Cinderella when you go mining just put Tink on your miner
    @ Cinderella when you go mining just put Tink on your miner
    I used to do that & but somehow I wasn't paying attention
    when I put I was putting it back on my crafter & I deleted my Tinkering.
    So I don't do that any more lol

It would be lot easier, if they made it to where a character that has Imbuing
    could combine them. (lot of people keep asking for this, not just me)
    Crafting is one area that the skill cap certainly needs adjustment either 
    A. Allow crafting skills to be imbued 
    B. Raise skill cap to 800 or more 
    C. Is arms lore even still needed? 
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    Crafting is one area that the skill cap certainly needs adjustment either 
    A. Allow crafting skills to be imbued 
    B. Raise skill cap to 800 or more 
    C. Is arms lore even still needed? 
    Yes arms lore does what it has always done. I guess you do not craft much.

Would be stupid to craft armor without it. 

Not sure what any of those 3 things have to do with combining charges on a pick axe.
    If you had been following the discussion rather than just anger replying you'd have seen we were discussing tinkering and the only time I craft armor is to reforge or imbue i could care less about the arms lore boost ...
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
    If you had been following the discussion rather than just anger replying you'd have seen we were discussing tinkering and the only time I craft armor is to reforge or imbue i could care less about the arms lore boost ...
    So you are ok with 5 lower resist on each piece of armor? That be 30 resist lower on a suit.
    I'm saying resistances are unimportant for what I am crafting... 
  • YARN  AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT  Monty Python39s Flying  Circus 1969 - S02E09 Music  Video gifs by quotes  5301e899

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I want one