MoBs' corpses decay time has been shortened : STOP THEM looting players' characters !!

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

I have had this now happening several times, MoBs' corpses decay now MUCH faster as before and this, while on one side clears out cluttering corpses, has the counter effect that whatever MoBs have looted from a player that they killed, vanishes with the MoB's corpse...

This is NOT funny, nor good, considering that, MoBs ALSO loot Demonic Forces drops if players did not have the time to insure them....

But, regardless of this, it is also not funny to loose petals, potions or anything else which is not insurable that a player might have on them and gets looted by the MoB.

@Kyronix , if you have decided to reduce the timer for MoBs corpses to decay, making it much faster, then, it is not possible to let MoBs loot players' characters since the risk for players to not find the corpse of the MoB that looted them be still there with their items, is quite high.

OR, at the very least, there should be a CORRECTIVE in the code whereas, "IF" the MoB has looted a player's character, THEN, that particular MoB's corpse will STAY for much longer in the world, thus permitting to a player to go back to it and retrieve his/her looted items.

When the player retrieves his/her looted items, THEN the code can let that MOB's corpse to decay.

Thanks.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    As to not disappoint my super fans I must comment adapt...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mobs should drop looted items to the ground when they decay. All of them not just in these events.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited October 2021
    An alternative to ez insurance macro or other changes here is --

make macro to recall to a spot near turn in vendor.
    play in trammel
    recall to turn in vendor whenever you get a drop (or gate, if you are quick and want to get back to last spot).

Sherry the mouse provided insight into an earlier thread that for EC users, you can center screen- be notified when such a drop goes into your pack.

I dont care about drops.  It is the petals and pies and apples they take.

Just died at mid first floor ran to res ran back, all gone.
    go support the vendors outside 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Don't they loot heavy stuff first? I always carry piles of gold or fish steaks or something of the like so they tend to loot that first.

I did find that when in graveyards the skeletal knights will loot gold AND the carving kits lol.

McDougle said:
    go support the vendors outside 
    We were not greedy enough to put vendors outside.  I want MY stuff.
    Do you need blessed containers for your things paddy cakes?
    edited October 2021
    Larisa said:
    Don't they loot heavy stuff first? I always carry piles of gold or fish steaks or something of the like so they tend to loot that first.

I did find that when in graveyards the skeletal knights will loot gold AND the carving kits lol.
    They quit looting heavy stuff first long ago.  Someone said they loot according to base cost.  Lowest first.  They take petals apples cursed rings before they take gold.  But they do take gold also.  They love recall runes also.

They also quit taking your whole bag like they used to.

That's why I said carry a paragon chest, but I have not got one yet.  They like the gems and stuff in those.

I think they stopped heaviest first because ppl complained about bandages going first.
  • Pawain said:

Interesting, 1 drop sells for mega gold.
    Those monsters are hungry, they should simply eat all the consumables.
    Pawain said:

Interesting, 1 drop sells for mega gold.
    Those monsters are hungry, they should simply eat all the consumables.
    I don't have to leave the dungeon when I lose a drop.  I do when I lose my petals or apples.

I don't sell drops or reward items so the petals are more valuable to me.  I do insure drops that fit sets I am collecting.
    Carry your things in stacks carry a first aid belt even if not equipped there all your problems fixed
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    10000% right @popps and anybody that agrees with popps for the rest of you naysayers stuff it.  Turn off MOB looting period.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited October 2021
    Totally agree, that is not a good feeling for the game to constantly have items for use that you need to fight stolen from you, like orange petals,etc and I am a pure archer and they ain't no makin' of recall runes by me.  Frustrating, especially in such a confined area as Hythloth where you cannot avoid the paras.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    An alternative to ez insurance macro or other changes here is --

make macro to recall to a spot near turn in vendor.
    play in trammel
    recall to turn in vendor whenever you get a drop (or gate, if you are quick and want to get back to last spot).

Sherry the mouse provided insight into an earlier thread that for EC users, you can center screen- be notified when such a drop goes into your pack.

The problem is not just drops and their decaying with the Monster's corpse that looted them, the problem is also with petals, potions and anything else which the player might have that cannot be insured and, yet, the player might want to recover from the monster's corpse...
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    I always put my pedals and apples in smaller quantities , in diff containers so mobs dont loot em all.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Sooo I finally got an undertaker's staff. I'm not sure about decay rate of our bodies. But it seems to me they last a looong time nowadays. Night before last I got to the healer out front of Hythloth about 60 seconds after dying. Popped back in the door and used the staff. I got the message my body couldn't be found. Tried a few times. Nothing. 

Someone suggested my body went poof already because it was empty. I replied, that para would have had to have done a lot of looting for my body to be empty because I had gold, 2 bags of sending, one trapped crate and I believe one event drop. Something is off.

It's not earth shattering. But it sure didn't make any sense that it happened.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Make sure you have to set to retrieve all bodies...and sometimes it won't work if you're not on the same level as your corpse.

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    D'oh! Larisa, thank you! I had 0 idea it had settings.  I don't know that I died twice in quick succession. I don't recall that happening. But who knows? It was pretty wild down there at the time. I may have lost track of my death robes!  :D
    Larisa said:
    Make sure you have to set to retrieve all bodies...and sometimes it won't work if you're not on the same level as your corpse.
    When you set it as "retrieve all bodies", does it use 1 "cumulative" charge for all of them or does it use as many charges for as many corpses there are to retrieve ?
    One charge.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Using it in the same “level” or “map” is crucial. You can’t get your body when you are outside of the dungeon. You have to at least go in on the steps to get it. 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    It's not greedy to put a vendor outside the dungeon with items people want for hunting, like petals, potions, etc.  It's smart business sense.  

My one complaint would be with Undertaker's Staff acting wonky and not working when you're within the required distance.  That aside, mobs ganking your corpse loot contributes to the difficulty of the event, and that's a good thing. 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     They always loot runes first, then regs and then gold, I carry 10-15 blank runes and the looting mobs ALWAYS take them first.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Merlin said:
    It's not greedy to put a vendor outside the dungeon with items people want for hunting, like petals, potions, etc.  It's smart business sense.  

My one complaint would be with Undertaker's Staff acting wonky and not working when you're within the required distance.  That aside, mobs ganking your corpse loot contributes to the difficulty of the event, and that's a good thing. 
    That would depend on how much they are trying to price gouge.
    Tyrath said:
     They always loot runes first, then regs and then gold, I carry 10-15 blank runes and the looting mobs ALWAYS take them first.
    I have yelled out, lookout if you don't kill that lich it can go to Luna cause it took my rune!
    edited October 2021
    @Kyronix ;

Seriously, I have just been killed by a regular, non-paragon Balron, and it looted me not 1, not 2, but 3 Demonic Forces Artifact drops.

Luckily, there was another player nearby who ressed me, after I had to requip, heal up, and all that, I went back to the Balron who had been killed.

Well, I was able to retrieve my drops BUT, a second after, the Balron's corpse decayed...

I got SO close to lose 3 Demonic Forces drops which cost me time to gather....

It is neither fair, nor right to lower so much the decay of non-paragon MoBs and, yet, leave them the ability to loot players' characters corpses.

Players spend their TIME to work to gather Demonic Forces Artifact drops and it should not be permitted for their drops to vanish that easily thus wasting all of the time that they spent to gather them all for nothing.

Please, STOP MoBs to loot players' characters' corpses, at least, when the Decay time of the Monsters' corpses has been lowered so much.

Thank you.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2021
    “What you’re saying does not make sense, you killed something and got 3 artifscts before you could insure any of the 3?
    What client are you using and what is your method of insuring? On EC you can create a macro to toggle insure”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    popps said:
    @ Kyronix 

Seriously, I have just been killed by a regular, non-paragon Balron, and it looted me not 1, not 2, but 3 Demonic Forces Artifact drops.

Luckily, there was another player nearby who ressed me, after I had to requip, heal up, and all that, I went back to the Balron who had been killed.

Well, I was able to retrieve my drops BUT, a second after, the Balron's corpse decayed...

I got SO close to lose 3 Demonic Forces drops which cost me time to gather....

It is neither fair, nor right to lower so much the decay of non-paragon MoBs and, yet, leave them the ability to loot players' characters corpses.

Players spend their TIME to work to gather Demonic Forces Artifact drops and it should not be permitted for their drops to vanish that easily thus wasting all of the time that they spent to gather them all for nothing.

Please, STOP MoBs to loot players' characters' corpses, at least, when the Decay time of the Monsters' corpses has been lowered so much.

Thank you.

Hmmm I probably would have killed the Balron, looted yer drops and then gave you a Rez before putting the drops in my drops box.  Insurance is yer Friend :)
    edited October 2021
    Yoshi said:
    “What you’re saying does not make sense, you killed something and got 3 artifscts before you could insure any of the 3?
    What client are you using and what is your method of insuring? On EC you can create a macro to toggle insure”
    Time constraints ?

For example, when using the Store bought potion, which has a limited 1 hour life, every second matters.... with the Classic Client, one needs to STOP, click on self, select from the Menu the insure item, its 's tedious and annoying, not to mention, that one also then needs to go look in the backpack where the drop went.... the coloring of these Demonic Forces artifacts is not exactly classic client friendly... often, I have a hard time to see them and need to spend time shuffling stuff around, until I can find the drop.

Not to mention, that often there is too much spawn around to be able to afford stopping and giving time to insure drops while MoBs around try to kill....

Furthermore, I do not see the entire point of permitting to MoBs to loot Treasures of Artifact drops.

Players spend their time to gather them, NOT to loose them.

Why on earth would the Developers want to get players to loose them ?

This does not make players' gameplay more challenging by a tiny bit, it only frustrates it, but adds nothing to the challenge of the gameplay.

So, frankly, I do not see the point to permit to MoBs to loot Treasures of Artifact drops from players' characters in the first place.

And definitely, I do not see the point to have those drops go "poof" and vanish voiding the time that the player spent in getting them, when the MoB's corpse that looted them vanishes so quickly.
This discussion has been closed.