Why no leech on event paras?

meltedmantismeltedmantis Posts: 46
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
There are really 2 major classes in UO today.  Tamer and samp.  It's basically a soft nerf. might as well make them non attackable with pets while your at it.  What's the reasoning?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There are really 2 major classes in UO today.  Tamer and samp.  It's basically a soft nerf. might as well make them non attackable with pets while your at it.  What's the reasoning?
    Woof woof woof says the dog archer dry your tears 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Was put in so a tamer or samp cant just stand in the dungeon and auto attack all day and get drops while afk.

Also WoD does not work on them.

Dollar seems to have no problem killing crowds of Mobs.  Maybe ask him for tips?

Or ask the Drop King Kragg how he does so well with his red dog.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • meltedmantismeltedmantis Posts: 46
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:
    Was put in so a tamer or samp cant just stand in the dungeon and auto attack all day and get drops while afk.

Dollar seems to have no problem killing crowds of Mobs.  Maybe ask him for tips?

yeah i noticed but you know dollar.  My samps pretty newb... still 100 pts avail, but just something i noticed.  fair enough :) Thanks thats the kind of info i was looking for
  • Dollar has an easy system. He runs a paladin with Bushido and when he is about to die, he drags everything and runs confidence and evasion. The problem is the extreme nature of the para balron. Almost impossible to solo even with a good pet. Throw in a mob, its totally impossible. I like they turned up the spawn but by the end of the day, the dungeon is full of para balrons making it almost impossible to run without a group. Another option is to run a full bard ahead and invis until your samp or tamer can get there. Run mastery on bard and discord. That is probably the best way I found to run alone.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    leeching actually works great again because the dungeon is so confined and the no. of mobs are pumped up significantly so you will always have non paragons around you when you are hitting paragons, now you can thanks those ppl who kept asking for more spawns in the past. 
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Ask Dollar, the God of LS!
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Aragorn said:
    leeching actually works great again because the dungeon is so confined and the no. of mobs are pumped up significantly so you will always have non paragons around you when you are hitting paragons, now you can thanks those ppl who kept asking for more spawns in the past. 
    I thought leeching didn’t work on any of the Treasures Of mobs… regardless of paragon or not. You are seeing differently?
    dvvid said:
    Aragorn said:
    I thought leeching didn’t work on any of the Treasures Of mobs… regardless of paragon or not. You are seeing differently?
    Just paragons have no leech. You get a message on every hit that you fail to leech. The rest do leech. It's a tactic to drag the para to other spawn and WW.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Wow for some reason I thought all life
    leech for these events was off the table. Good to know !
  • Pawain said:

wouldn't it be just grand if the dev team actually tackled the individual problems people rather then doing the lazy option and buggering it up for many others.

Without getting into a fight with you as we always seem to do, I just want to say I hate this lazy dev event, as with the others, its not a fun way to play the game 

If this carries on with this lazy dev work, ie para ganking a player with 60 hits like a machine gun, instant death then I will be looking rather unfavourably about my subs.  I love this game, the history, the variety etc, but this lazy event idea, so they can work on the shard no one asked for instead of actually policing and seeing how so many players hate the inevitable multiple death while working spawn.

I, like many others made expensive (Gold) Sampires and I do not like dying in PVM, I certainly will not accept its unavoidable with the current para spawn and I certainly do not accept as little as 5 drops an hour for my trouble.

the time to tackle Sampires has long gone, 10 year ago Mesanna should have done something, NOT now, deal with exploiting player not the whole play style 

so 150 drops for the balron chest piece, so that something like 15 physical hours, god know how many deaths to get 1 piece?  Thats bullshit which ever way you look at it, and I wont be wasting more money of the potions to boost someone bank account 

of course. that my opinion  many others like you, Pawain won't agree, but should I not be allowed to rant if I think its poor developing?
    Woof woof the dog archer disagrees it's never too late to nerf sampire.... or just unnerf ninja forms horrific beast and whatever else has been screwed over cuz pvp ...
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:

wouldn't it be just grand if the dev team actually tackled the individual problems people rather then doing the lazy option and buggering it up for many others.

Without getting into a fight with you as we always seem to do, I just want to say I hate this lazy dev event, as with the others, its not a fun way to play the game 

If this carries on with this lazy dev work, ie para ganking a player with 60 hits like a machine gun, instant death then I will be looking rather unfavourably about my subs.  I love this game, the history, the variety etc, but this lazy event idea, so they can work on the shard no one asked for instead of actually policing and seeing how so many players hate the inevitable multiple death while working spawn.

I, like many others made expensive (Gold) Sampires and I do not like dying in PVM, I certainly will not accept its unavoidable with the current para spawn and I certainly do not accept as little as 5 drops an hour for my trouble.

the time to tackle Sampires has long gone, 10 year ago Mesanna should have done something, NOT now, deal with exploiting player not the whole play style 

so 150 drops for the balron chest piece, so that something like 15 physical hours, god know how many deaths to get 1 piece?  Thats bullshit which ever way you look at it, and I wont be wasting more money of the potions to boost someone bank account 

of course. that my opinion  many others like you, Pawain won't agree, but should I not be allowed to rant if I think its poor developing?

The nerfing of Life Leech/Life Drain in the "Treasures of " Events has resurrected old templates, such as Macers, Healing Warriors, and Mirror Image Ninjas (Mirror Image at 120 Ninjitsu has always been effective at redirecting melee damage, ever since Ninjitsu was introduced). Two x-healing Warriors (an ancient technique, found in only the most aged of manuscripts and veteran of minds, practically a lost art until now) can smash everything in Hythloth, including the Paragon Balrons. Macers with a 50% Hit Fatigue Demon Slayer Hammer Pick using Stagger and AI can reduce a Para Balron's swing speed to slower than 4 sec bandy self heals.
    My Macer/Paladin was able to get 50 drops in about 2-3 hours day before yesterday, and another 50 drops in 2 hours last night.

@JackFlashUk keep track of drop rate. I'm going to give it a few days and post mine. I am getting fewer drops per hour and killing lots more mobs. 

But I want to give it a few days to verify.
  • So stamina leech does not work neither against paragons? then what propieties do you imbue in the weapons?
    Xiluvatar said:
    So stamina leech does not work neither against paragons? then what propieties do you imbue in the weapons?
    The other two leeches work.
  • meltedmantismeltedmantis Posts: 46
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:

I totally agree and why i find it annoying.  They spent years funneling people into these play styles and now they just "switch off". the key functionality in the part you really need it.

I accept Pawains reasoning as why they do it, but I don't find it to be a good reason.

I have been back a few months now, and time and time again i see things done because of "botters" or whatever....

well I contend that the devs are hurting the game more then bot farmers with their "fixes".
    and look I get EXACTLY why they use such a lazy "fix". because Kryonix is the ONLY programmer on the team.  Iv been there personally.  But they would be better of just leaving it alone, or I dunno fix the issues for real before going off to make a temp shard that few seem very interested in.  I think thats a sentiment that even Dollar would agree with :)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    Has anyone else noticed that WoD doesn't work on the paragons in Hythloth? I tried hitting a balron that was very near death (maybe 10% hp) and only did 80hp.... I thought maybe my focus had expired but did it again after confirming I had a full strength focus.
    keven2002 said:
    Has anyone else noticed that WoD doesn't work on the paragons in Hythloth? I tried hitting a balron that was very near death (maybe 10% hp) and only did 80hp.... I thought maybe my focus had expired but did it again after confirming I had a full strength focus.
    Wod like life leech doesn't work vs them
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    It offers merit to the event.  The rewards are really good.  Has to be challenge for it.