Lanterns of Protection - Back Up but no recompense for people with broken ones?

I just find that a little silly :'(

It would be one thing if this wasn't a timed event that you can pay money to accelerate (which I did), but it is and losing 25 points is not insignificant. Please rectify this. I already bought the item, it should work.

Comments

• AlaziAlazi Posts: 17
    edited October 2021
    I contacted in-game support and was told they are not trading the broken lanterns for new ones. Nor are they refunding points. Great :blush:
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Are the new ones no longer shard bound? Do they actually work as intended now?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    They better still be shard bound...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AlaziAlazi Posts: 17
    keven2002 said:
    I have no idea! I don't really want to spend another 25 points to get screwed again! XD
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Alazi said:
    keven2002 said:
    I have no idea! I don't really want to spend another 25 points to get screwed again! XD
    They still show as shard bound 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Hopefully, you don't end up with a shard bound shield, if you transmog to this, particularly if the source was not shard bound...  That would be a downgrade.

Has the wand of warding also been fixed?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    Consider the broken one as a rare.  Some multi-platinum-aire collector might want it some day.
  • @Kyronix,

Can you confirm the behavior of the wand of warding and the lantern of protection?  Are these both now "fixed" and live?

@TimSt, I can't imagine the "broken" one being a valuable rare.  Maybe a scholars halo transmog'd to a bone helm, mage armor stripped, and refined would be a valuable rare - only on test center though.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Glad I like the Orb and Hooks shield better than the Lantern.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Could you maybe sell these non-transmog versions to someone who wants to imbue it instead? Or is transmog the only possible use of them?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Just throw the non transmogable one on a vendor, the innocent purchaser will have no way of knowing  :D
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Yoshi said:
    “Just throw the non transmogable one on a vendor, the innocent purchaser will have no way of knowing  :D
    one with 1% poison resist and one without is it that hard to tell? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    IAlazi said:
    I just find that a little silly :'(

It would be one thing if this wasn't a timed event that you can pay money to accelerate (which I did), but it is and losing 25 points is not insignificant. Please rectify this. I already bought the item, it should work.
    Email Mesanna with account name, shard, toon name. Put item on toon when you log off. She may fix it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    PP lanterns will go for tons of money in a year lol :D
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Why can't they add a description to every item that says 'Transmog-able' ?  or in the context menu , u can check an item to see if its moggable (like trash-can - appraise cleanup points)....