Enhanced Client - During heavy spawn dead enemies appear alive

looploop Posts: 302
No specific steps. I observed this while doing the Sleeping Dragon spawn for April's quest (Atlantic).

1. Spawn Champion
2. Kill enemies en masse
3. Observe intermittently at a certain point dead enemies appear to be alive.

Below screenshot doesn't demonstrate much. The beetle is actually dead but shows as alive.

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    this happens when you run into an area & then run off screen.
    It will die before you come back into the area.
    And that is why it appears alive, because you didn't watch it die.
    It has happened to me many times
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I feel like walking away and coming back has no effect. I feel like I’ve see them linger unless I log out and back in. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “(This issue has already been reported but not great repro details 

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/2328/players-and-mobs-images-on-ec-client#latest )

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • looploop Posts: 302
    Recent patch notes indicated this was resolved. However, I'm still seeing the issue quite frequently during the Hythloth event.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Yes I’ve been seeing it too
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seems mostly paragon that I have seen 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I had 4 ghost gargoyles in a hythloth hallway today.  None paragons.  Accumulated over several passes in that area.

Was also a ghost of a dead player, ghost cleared once I later encountered the live version of the same character.  Also in similar area to gargoyle ghost.

Maybe the client should be garbage collecting mobile entities based on last update time or some such?

Using EC.
  • looploop Posts: 302
    edited October 2022
    @Kyronix & @Bleak

A changelog from a while back indicated that a fix for this was put in place, but it seems to be worse based on my experience with the Deceit event. For example, I see that this can even affect players when they die, and I have also observed "ghost" mobs even upon first entering the dungeon, mobs which I never observed dying and which were in a different area than me.