Treasures of Die-Loth

Test your monster bashing skills and PvP skills by visiting Hythloth in Felucca on Atlantic, Lake Superior, Pacific, Europa, Asuka, and Sakura!

I absolutely hate this decision. Put it all on all shards in Fel. I pay to play on my shard just as others pay to play on theirs. There's no reason that my money should be paying for a lesser experience.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    What is the reasoning behind which shards get a Fel version and which don’t? Did we ever get any info about that?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    dvvid said:
    What is the reasoning behind which shards get a Fel version and which don’t? Did we ever get any info about that?

My feeling is, they collected data from the Fire Felucca event.

Champ Spawns completed, Total amount of drops in Felucca, Total Hand-ins in Felucca etc.

I'm absolutely not surprised to see Europa on that list, I would be shocked if we were not based on what we achieved in Fel Dungeon Fire last time.

After 1 night, I'm finding Fel Dungeon Hythloth a bit hard, I may need time to adapt I don't know. I may need more of my team to show up and help me. My issue is, the drop rate in Felucca, does not seem to make it worth it. I pvp'd (and pvm'd) for about 5 hours tonight, and got 4 drops...

Then I went to Trammel, for 45 minutes, and got 7 drops.

The risk v rewards seems way off. Felucca has to give a higher drop rate, because the effort to earn the drops is so much harder a. you are being killed by players and b, you have no push through rules, and less players in general to help team up v the mobs.

The fact is, this reward table is very good, and we need drops, we will have to come to Trammel to get drops at this rate, which will make the Felucca event a missed PvP opportunity.

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    edited October 2021
    Thank you @Kyronix for activating this event on Felucca on only select servers. I am a huge fan of this method as it promotes PvP unlike having it active on every shard spreading an already thin population out way to much.

It is really nice to see the developers finally implementing content that makes the game a better place to spend time.  You just got to ignore whiners like Maximus_Neximus that contribute nothing to the game.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Thank you @ Kyronix for activating this event on Felucca on only select servers. I am a huge fan of this method as it promotes PvP unlike having it active on every shard spreading an already thin population out way to much.

It is really nice to see the developers finally implementing content that makes the game a better place to spend time.  You just got to ignore whiners like Maximus_Neximus that contribute nothing to the game.
    Lmao if you seriously think your opinion is consider by the devs...again on your post you are attacking someone else...i cant beleive you can still post on forum with all the attack you did to others and false shit you use to say
    edited October 2021
    Fortis said:
    Thank you @ Kyronix for activating this event on Felucca on only select servers. I am a huge fan of this method as it promotes PvP unlike having it active on every shard spreading an already thin population out way to much.

Lmao if you seriously think your opinion is consider by the devs...again on your post you are attacking someone else...i cant beleive you can still post on forum with all the attack you did to others and false shit you use to say
    What does my opinion have to do with what the dev's have implemented? I am just voicing my support for the decision because it is in the best interest of the game. Players like Maximus_Neximus for years have done nothing but try to ruin the game by trying to sound mistreated when they are not.  It would be him that wants his opinion to be considered by the dev's not me. 

If what I say comes off as an attack against another that is only because they are weak minded and get easily offended and not once do I give false information.
  • Thank you @ Kyronix for activating this event on Felucca on only select servers. I am a huge fan of this method as it promotes PvP unlike having it active on every shard spreading an already thin population out way to much.

*Promotes pvp on a few shards. So I guess I if I want to pvp I have to move to those shards. I agree though, it is nice to see "content that makes the game a better place to spend time". I just would like for that to be on my shard, you know, where I pay to play.

Nice personal attack that contributes nothing to the discussion.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think the pvp population is low and multiple players playing most shards so this is either good to condense them a bit or horrible for the same reason..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Well a lot of players on LS played in Wildfire Fel daily. They may have used numbers.

Or they chose some for this one and the others will have fel for the next one.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Numbers from last don't make sense because cats was busier than pac 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    And a champ spawn to boot, we used the chance to nab scrolls while gathering drops. I got enough for 2 ozzies and a pair of earings playing while my son napped.(up to 20 an hour) with better stuff, not sure if i am gonna have the time to get everything i want
    I need at least 350 on 3 shards.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Without removing half the thread, please be aware that I do recognise veiled sarcasm and do not believe that is in the spirit of rule 1 of the forum. Please do not post
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    This thread wouldn´t miss the two troll posts though...

For me it´s quite simple. The players on the other shards pay the same monthly fee as the players on Atlantic, LS, Pacific, Europa, Asuka and Sakura. Ergo they should get the same content.
    Why that is even up for debate is beyond me.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited October 2021
    Tjalle says it all, it shouldn't even be a discussion and be on all shards, another poor decision !

I hope the other shards get the next event as compassion.

How would Atlantic feel if exemple Catskills or another shard would get the event in fel and not on Atl, be in someone's else shoes for a sec we all pay the same amount of money.
    Tjalle said:
    This thread wouldn´t miss the two troll posts though...

For me it´s quite simple. The players on the other shards pay the same monthly fee as the players on Atlantic, LS, Pacific, Europa, Asuka and Sakura. Ergo they should get the same content.
    Why that is even up for debate is beyond me.
    Tjalle says it all, it shouldn't even be a discussion and be on all shards, another poor decision !

I hope the other shards get the next event as compassion.

How would Atlantic feel if exemple Catskills or another shard would get the event in fel and not on Atl, be in someone's else shoes for a sec we all pay the same amount of money.

I get both of these posts, and ultimately agree.

I think there is a flip side to this though - we see a lot of people complaining about people going to dead shards and farming Felucca, or how easy it is in Felucca because it is dead and you can farm for free.

I think these are the shards that have proven this argument does not hold water for them. It's a real event/battle and a lot of playing going on in there.

So that may be their reason, I cannot know of course - and I'd personally love to see the data as well, I'm a data person.

Having said that, with the Shard Bound property - does it matter if some people are able to farm it a little easier in Felucca? I am not sure it does. It's still hard in Felucca, and they still always run a risk.

The final thought process - is maybe it is just too much work for the Devs...

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    You can't be serious... 

ATL population dwarfs just about every single other shard; especially Catskills. Proposing that the most populated shard doesn't have the event in Fel but some other low pop shard does doesn't make any sense at all.

I've checked out the events on multiple shards just about every event and I can tell you that nobody except maybe Europa even comes close to ATL as far as people doing the event. Anyone whining about a shard like Catskills or Sonoma not having the event in Fel just wants to easily work the entire Fel side solo and setup their bots because there is plenty of spawn in Tram (half the time I'd go and see no more than 2 people working the events). Compare that to events on ATL where Tram is so packed that you could barely find something to kill let alone collect enough items to get a high end drop. It's not even close to comparison. 
    edited October 2021
    At least some people understand why it is only active in Felucca on six shards. I am also a paying customer to play this game and appreciate the fact that it's only available on these six shards as it brings pvpers together which is what the game needs. The dev's refuse to close down servers and this is the result that needs to happen to make the game lively and worth playing for everyone.  

People need to accept reality that the state the game is in and adjust to it. Stop trying to hold the game back for your personal greed. Your true intention is you want to have Felucca active on all shards so when these events are in a dungeon with a champion spawn you can make a fortune off powerscrolls and get all the drops you need on each shard uncontested due to population being to spread out. 

The WildFire Ostard is a prefect example of this and players hoping to find loopholes to abuse dead shards for profits.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    The dev's refuse to close down servers and this is the result that needs to happen to make the game lively and worth playing for everyone.  
    Great, allow free shard transfers for everyone.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    WOW I can not believe how entitled some people that think they deserve something that we all pay the same sup for.  If this is allowed on even one shard then it should be allowed on all shards, we should not be required to go to other shards to enjoy ALL the aspects of this event but it already looks like UO is going the way of the world.  Special treatment for special people.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk how do the other shards get this SPECIAL treatment
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "why are you wanting to play on a dead shard?
    You can't afford a token to move to a live shard?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • @Kyronix can you please let us know!

I heard this from many people already:

My issue is, the drop rate in Felucca, does not seem to make it worth it. I pvp'd (and pvm'd) for about 5 hours tonight, and got 4 drops...

People that were in Fel for 5 hours killing mobs is getting the same rate as the Tram? or less? Did anything change for this specific event?

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited October 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "why are you wanting to play on a dead shard?
    You can't afford a token to move to a live shard?"
    My shard isn't dead. Most shards are not. It should be obvious why we would want to play on the shards where we originated our characters two decades ago.
    edited October 2021
    keven2002 said:
    You can't be serious... 

ATL population dwarfs just about every single other shard; especially Catskills. Proposing that the most populated shard doesn't have the event in Fel but some other low pop shard does doesn't make any sense at all.

I've checked out the events on multiple shards just about every event and I can tell you that nobody except maybe Europa even comes close to ATL as far as people doing the event. Anyone whining about a shard like Catskills or Sonoma not having the event in Fel just wants to easily work the entire Fel side solo and setup their bots because there is plenty of spawn in Tram (half the time I'd go and see no more than 2 people working the events). Compare that to events on ATL where Tram is so packed that you could barely find something to kill let alone collect enough items to get a high end drop. It's not even close to comparison. 

your post i like you dont play the game other than atlantic...have you go to fel and try to bot in fel...on shards i play in fel you get kill...on trammel both can play your bot arguments is so wrong....and btw this event is the most harder we had so far for turn in. making drops shard bound have no problem at all between server because item will say on the server so there is no points to have the event on fel on only 6 shards
    At least some people understand why it is only active in Felucca on six shards. I am also a paying customer to play this game and appreciate the fact that it's only available on these six shards as it brings pvpers together which is what the game needs. The dev's refuse to close down servers and this is the result that needs to happen to make the game lively and worth playing for everyone.  

People need to accept reality that the state the game is in and adjust to it. Stop trying to hold the game back for your personal greed. Your true intention is you want to have Felucca active on all shards so when these events are in a dungeon with a champion spawn you can make a fortune off powerscrolls and get all the drops you need on each shard uncontested due to population being to spread out. 

The WildFire Ostard is a prefect example of this and players hoping to find loopholes to abuse dead shards for profits.

last time it was active on all shards with a spawn....have you seen a drop in price for 120 scrolls do a little vs search and the answer is no...so again you are wrong...and btw you dont have to post on multiple accounts
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    @ Kyronix can you please let us know!

My issue is, the drop rate in Felucca, does not seem to make it worth it. I pvp'd (and pvm'd) for about 5 hours tonight, and got 4 drops...

People that were in Fel for 5 hours killing mobs is getting the same rate as the Tram? or less? Did anything change for this specific event?

"there has been no change to the insurability aspect of the artifacts,

there is no means to earn artifacts by PvPing"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    What i hear we love pvp for pvp what i see, we need victims! case in point cemetery's i hunt only fel ones you know how many reds I've seen the last 3 years there looking for the beloved fight ?? 0.... why nothing to take of value...i hunted the area's away from spawn in fire you know how many reds i saw looking for the beloved fight? 0 ...
  • Yoshi said:

there is no means to earn artifacts by PvPing"

I am not talking about that, I am asking about drop rate, you supposed to have a lot more (double) drop in Fel than Tram, was like that on Wildfire event, now looks like Tram is dropping the same if not more than fel.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973

Really? You expect to get more drops for killing the same amount of things? It's because they nerfed the spawn like you requested.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

I wouldn't use my quote in quite that sense, it was day 1, maybe I pvp'd far too much, but I felt like I was killing a ton of mobs, and the drops were not happening at any sort of rate I'd expect, too early for me to tell tbh on Felside after only 1 night.

I'll try tonight, with warrior pvmer.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081

Pawain said:
    Really? You expect to get more drops for killing the same amount of things? It's because they nerfed the spawn like you requested.

I noticed the spawn seems to have been decreased from yesterday too. I think it's way better than Wildfire but the spawn rate yesterday for the first 90min or so was insane (in a good way). There was literally no shortage of spawn to the point where some parts of the dungeon in Tram (ATL) was empty because people couldn't make it down that far. It was a lot of fun. After the shard crashed it was noticeably less spawn and today it's a little less than yesterday I think.