Uncommon Templates?

I'm looking for uncommon, mostly PVM templates that are still survivable and fun to play. These needn't be anything that can solo peerless bosses or champion spawns - just templates that will play differently from the tamer, sampire, or archer builds that you typically see.

Some thoughts:
  • Mystic weapon template?
  • Any poisoning template (mage or dexxer)
  • An actual garg dexxer (I don't think I've honestly seen a melee garg)
  • A garg template that takes advantage of 30 innate mysticism
  • Chiv caster (holy light/holy fist?)
  • PVM wrestler
  • Any template that revolves around a specific special move
  • Melee or archer spellweaver
  • Focused mage builds (only one spellbook)
  • Build that uses parrying mastery
  • Any functional PVM build with ninjitsu
  • Any function PVM that makes use of hiding/stealth
Theory crafting welcome, but I'm also interested in folks' actual experience with builds that stray away from vampiric embrace, "all kill", etc.

Comments

• I have a Garg Dexxer (sampire Swordsman) but the weapons were so limiting that i just let it collect dust now lol.  guess i should do something with it eventually.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I have a Garg Dexxer (sampire Swordsman) but the weapons were so limiting that i just let it collect dust now lol.  guess i should do something with it eventually.

Yes enjoy the benefits of your swampy armor that all dexxors get oh wait never mind....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Horrific beast wrestler with those bracers using wrestling mastery, cant parry.

120 wrestle
    120 healing
    120 tactics
    120 anat
    120 necro
    120 ss

Beast changes unarmed damage to 5-15 i beleive, and gives 20 hpr
    As many other forms nerfed into the ground horrific beast can not cast or use any special moves rendering it useless..cuz pvp fix yeah 
    It can if your focused. Necro only
  • Norry said:

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Norry said:

I'm the one with the mask
  • looploop Posts: 301
    edited October 2021
    Norry said:

120 wrestle
    120 healing
    120 tactics
    120 anat
    120 necro
    120 ss

Could you forgo spirit speak entirely and only take necro high enough to have 100% casting success with Horrific Beast? UO guide doesn't indicate that its bonuses scale with spirit speak or higher necro.

Or, you wouldn't even need 100% success with casting it if you treat it the way samps treat vampiric embrace. 25-50% would probably suffice.
    loop said:
    Norry said:

120 wrestle
    120 healing
    120 tactics
    120 anat
    120 necro
    120 ss

Could you forgo spirit speak entirely and only take necro high enough to have 100% casting success with Horrific Beast? UO guide doesn't indicate that its bonuses scale with spirit speak or higher necro.
    Horrific beast the redheaded stepchild of necro if it worked like say vampiric embrace oh wait nerf this cuz pvp... cuz supid leeches are ok but no regen for you kids....oh the bard builds i could fo if dog form and horrific beast hadn't been shafted...
    yes, you only need enough necro to cast horrific beast, but bard, magery, parry, taming, chiv, myst,spellweaving ect make you unfocused, so no spells or speacial moves.

McDougle said:
    oh the bard builds i could fo if dog form and horrific beast hadn't been shafted...
    yeah it bugs that most of the forms got shafted. its not like people don't carry talismans of ward removal, or cast dispel. if my dog form can shoot arrows out of its mouth, i should be able to use speacials, and at least spells from that skill
    Norry said:
    McDougle said:
    oh the bard builds i could fo if dog form and horrific beast hadn't been shafted...
    yeah it bugs that most of the forms got shafted. its not like people don't carry talismans of ward removal, or cast dispel. if my dog form can shoot arrows out of its mouth, i should be able to use speacials, and at least spells from that skill
    At least ninja ones...
  • meltedmantismeltedmantis Posts: 46
    edited October 2021
    I play PVM ninja with fencing/tacts/anato/heal/ninja/hide/stealth.  tiger tank.  

don;'t really need the hiding/stealth but I like having it.  some drop it for parry