Protection and resisting spells

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited September 2021 in PvP / VvV
“With the introduction of cuffs of the archmage, and all the legendary jewellery available makes it too easy to overcap resisting spells to have 120 while in protection.
Request for hard cap of resisting spells while under protection spell. 

Makes target unkillable if they use orange petals or can cast cleansing winds and you’re not a mystic to purge magic, yes you can use ward removal talismans but not practical to carry 50.
please discuss”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Why is the answer always nerf something?  
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    Why is the answer always nerf something?  
    Because it interferes with Yoshi's playstyle, did you notice that he is getting as bad as another person on here wanting UO changed to accommodate his playstyle.
  • I would be interested in seeing who these players are that overcap their resisting spells just so they can be 120 while in protection.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    I like how this guy tried to make a reputation for himself and rack up some clout by copy pasting multi decade old bugs that have been reported for years now, and parroting people who find bugs. All while pretending he's actually doing anything on his own to find anything, and now everything that interferes with his ability to play "needs to be nerfed" and "makes a mockery of this game".

Pretty soon it's gonna be "mage spells hit 100% of the time when i stay on screen. but i can miss 10x in a row as a splinter dexer. this makes a mockery of the game and mage spells need to be patched immediately to have a 50% chance to miss."
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    gay said:
    I like how this guy tried to make a reputation for himself and rack up some clout by copy pasting multi decade old bugs that have been reported for years now, and parroting people who find bugs. All while pretending he's actually doing anything on his own to find anything, and now everything that interferes with his ability to play "needs to be nerfed" and "makes a mockery of this game".

Pretty soon it's gonna be "mage spells hit 100% of the time when i stay on screen. but i can miss 10x in a row as a splinter dexer. this makes a mockery of the game and mage spells need to be patched immediately to have a 50% chance to miss."
    @Yoshi is @Mervyn so he is just copying himself.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    gay said:

@ Yoshi is @ Mervyn so he is just copying himself.

That is not, entirely, the case.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Ooooo... conspiracy theory time... yoshi is mervyn, who is rorschach....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Norry said:

My fellow moderator. If Yoshi wants to explain the relationship between himself and Mervyn he will do so.
    Mariah said:
    Norry said:

My fellow moderator. If Yoshi wants to explain the relationship between himself and Mervyn he will do so.
    What would the blacksmith say coo coo cachoo ....

All stuff aside he does do some good work...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I can assure you i have not built up any credibility”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Mariah said:
    Norry said:

@Yoshi ; what is the relationship between yourself and Mervyn?
    edited October 2021
    “I do not believe the developers factored this when they released the cuffs of the archmage 

I could be wrong 

I am interested to know how participants in this thread deal with a foe (EG a tamer in stone form) who goes into protection and cleansing winds with no reduction to resisting spells, am all ears.

(I personally do carry multiple talismans of ward removal on my non mystic mages, however on official client can save a maximum of 4 dress, is not practical)

please note, this thread was posted under PvP forum and not bug forum, is for discussion” 

Are you able to achieve this yourself? Can you not adjust your template to deal with this ? Are you the one who complained about dog archers? 
    edited October 2021
    “Yes I have 2 x mystic mages that can purge magic, but it turns the game into paper/scissors/stone form. Would have to switch chars if I’m not on a mystic mage/run out of talisman charges.

I’m asking how you yourself deal as a non mystic mage”
    Yoshi said:
    “Yes I have 2 x mystic mages that can purge magic, but it turns the game into paper/scissors/stone form. Would have to switch chars if I’m not on a mystic mage/run out of talisman charges.

I’m asking how you yourself deal as a non mystic mage”
    Well normally I run around screaming and die but we'll assume you are a caster unable to finish them before you're killed?? Maybe add archery or use mage weapon for a little extra damage? Idk adapt??? Because you struggle with something doesn't mean it's broken or needs nerf...
    edited October 2021
    “If someone is in protection, they cannot kill another player, it is just for defence. 

If you would like to try and kill me in protection using Magery and a mage weapon, I’ll gladly meet up so I can see how it’s done.

As for requesting for a nerf, I am sure that overcapping resisting spells was an oversight and not an intention by the devs, like I say it’s possible I am wrong on that, have not seen any communication either way”
    Again you struggling with something doesn't mean it is broken the fact that you say it's and i quote paper/scissors/stone form sounds like balance to me...and this is obviously working as intended 
    edited October 2021
    McDougle said:
     this is obviously working as intended 

"thanks for clarifying, can close thread”
    I have found the pvp player base to be very vocal if this was an actual game issue vs a player struggling to adapt there would be post endless annoying post about it i am in agreement with merv/yoshi for once close the thread 
  • I'd still like to see who you believe actually overcap's their resisting spells so they can fight while in protection with no loss of skill. It just doesn't happen.
    "if nobody does it,
    please explain your objection to the proposal"
    Yoshi said:
    "if nobody does it,
    Yoshi said:
    "if nobody does it,
    Did you suggest a solution? And i missed it? Even though I see no issues I'm interested in how you'd fix 
    edited October 2021
    "it is not necessary to repeat the original post,
    if you do not understand the original post, i am not sure what you have been arguing over"
    Ok let's continue to fantasize and say this is in fact a pvp issue how do you propose to fix it in a way that doesn't affect pvm ?
    edited October 2021
    "??? I have never heard of anyone overcapping their resisting spells for PvM,

please explain how that would work and the adv it gives you in PvM never heard of any monster that would cast mana vampire 5 times in a row"
    Yoshi said:
    "??? I have never heard of anyone overcapping their resisting spells for PvM,

please explain how that would work and the adv it gives you in PvM never heard of any monster that would cast mana vampire 5 times in a row"
    Lol you've never fought a paragon lich have you? And irregardless if anyone does it.  a pvp fix should never affect pvm playstyle so even if one person does it i couldn't support your proposed fix
    "prior to the cuffs of the archmage, protection would not drop resisting spells skill in trammel? or against monsters?
    I think not"
    We can beat this nonexistent horse all day the bottom line is a merv/yoshi issue is not a real issue and everything is working as intended 
    "bigfoot does not exist, but please do not shoot it..."
    The hidden timebomb has only been ticking since 2017 waiting to unleash it's game breaking fury until through hard work dedication and wheaties merv/yoshi saved us ...