Happy Halloween - for me, so far!

Took GM Beggar out twice - 15 minutes each time - snagged 2 old candy apple trays, one new medusa bust and one new skull stack!  Once I get Gargoyle Lantern I can stop the grind. Love the medusa bust!

I also hit the graveyards for 30 minutes or so: Killed 8 Butchers and got 5 carving kits.

Tried the pumpkin patch gig. Cleared two patches with Horde minions, waited about 15-20 minutes but no pumpkin demons spawned.

I will enjoy doing all the above through the weekend but on Monday it's full time Hythloth!

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I killed about 30 Crotch Critters this morning ( Fun times) lol and no named bones....seriously I killed at LEAST 30....are the bone containers turned on? I would have expected to get at LEAST one out of 30 kills

Got the two new pumpkin carvings right off the bat on the tall skinny ones. Haven't gotten any watermelons yet.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Takes time for the names to build up on the bone list (hint: die) so they will slowly start to show up as more walk among the dead :)

You know my favorite part of Halloween is dying Kyronix ;)  Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully there will be new colors?? Maybe if you can't do it this year think about it for next year maybe?

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Larisa said:
    I killed about 30 Crotch Critters this morning ( Fun times) lol and no named bones....seriously I killed at LEAST 30....are the bone containers turned on? I would have expected to get at LEAST one out of 30 kills

Got the two new pumpkin carvings right off the bat on the tall skinny ones. Haven't gotten any watermelons yet.

LOL I wonder who would name a Character something like that!!!  Running Tooth Fairys and Lot Lizerds now ;)

• "My Ex Wife" is a good one. "Bones of My Ex Wife" or "My Ex Wife's Bones". :D
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I did "a dirty pervert", need to put it peeking in a window
    Tyrath said:
    Larisa said:

LOL I wonder who would name a Character something like that!!!  Running Tooth Fairys and Lot Lizerds now ;)

I didn't get any crotch critters but I do have many tooth fairies, santa clauses and x-wives lol

Norry said:
    I did "a dirty pervert", need to put it peeking in a window

I usually run all the PERVERTs after everyone is sound asleep :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Just a guess here. His Legacy Family Name in NL will be Pervert. Cant wait to see him in the hall of heroes.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    be nice if you could smash pumpkins with a war hammer, gallagher style.. (i.e. - like using axe to destroy furniture)..

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Got 2 bone containers in moonglow cemetary in under 15 mins. no one was there either (this was about 30 mins ago)
    Larisa said:
    Tyrath said:
    Larisa said:

I didn't get any crotch critters but I do have many tooth fairies, santa clauses and x-wives lol

Have X Husband out there as well just to keep it equal LOL.

Very first one this morning I bagged the rare and elusive flying one.

Then I had a lag spike and about a dozen them and a butcher bagged the Hunter LOL

Ill come here and complain and maybe I'll get one.

At least 70 carvings and not 1 Medusa Pumpkin.  I've made 7 of the new Demons.

The tall pumpkins are hard to find but a player friended me to their stash from last year. So I trade them a carving kit for a pumpkin.  So I been just going from graveyard to graveyard killing Butchers.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    Larisa said:

You know my favorite part of Halloween is dying Kyronix ;)  Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully there will be new colors?? Maybe if you can't do it this year think about it for next year maybe?

@Kyronix@Mesanna

Frankly, I gave up with this "new" stuff or, at least, with most of it.

Why ?

Storage issues and the Developers not introducing any storage increase (the last +20% House and Bank Storage Increase was like in 2011 with the High Seas expansion, if I recall well...) or new, better ways for players to reduce their storage issues (for example, Weapons Racks holding 500 weapons but counting as 1, or Armor Armoires holding 500 Armor pieces but counting as 1...).

What is the point of taking time to collect new stuff if then, to make room, one has to throw away the older stuff?

The "new" stuff that today players are collecting, "tomorrow", when more new stuff will be added and introduced into UO, unless storage issues are resolved (read new storage increases be given to players or new containers to store many items but only count as 1 item), will need to be thrown away to "make room" for the new items to come.... so, one could realize, what is the point of getting new stuff today if tomorrow it will need to be thrown away (the time to collect it today will result as wasted tomorrow, when they will be thrown away, eventually...) ?

It makes no sense to me YET, the Developers keep adding NEW stuff for players to collect BUT, without giving to them, along side with these new additions, ALSO the ability to store away all of these new items...

So, I gave up.

This not wanting to alleviate players' issues related to storage, I worry much, eventually will backfire, the Developers keep adding new items, yet do not do much to increase players' storage capabilities, so, eventually, sooner or later, players hit a wall where they have no room to store away the "new" stuff and they either have to open up a new subscription with another House (very few may decide to spend the extra monthly money on such an old game...) to accomodate the increased storage needs because of the "new" items, or, and I suspect these being the majority, just decide to stop playing althogether since, what is the point of spending time to get new items if they then have no room to store it ?

Anyways, enjoy the new stuff, I gave up collecting it for lack of where to store it.

popps said:
    Larisa said:

@ Kyronix , @ Mesanna

Frankly, I gave up with this "new" stuff or, at least, with most of it.

Why ?

Storage issues and the Developers not introducing any storage increase (the last +20% House and Bank Storage Increase was like in 2011 with the High Seas expansion, if I recall well...) or new, better ways for players to reduce their storage issues (for example, Weapons Racks holding 500 weapons but counting as 1, or Armor Armoires holding 500 Armor pieces but counting as 1...).

What is the point of taking time to collect new stuff if then, to make room, one has to throw away the older stuff?

It makes no sense to me YET, the Developers keep adding NEW stuff for players to collect BUT, without giving to them, along side with these new additions, ALSO the ability to store away all of these new items...

So, I gave up.

This not wanting to alleviate players' issues related to storage, I worry much, eventually will backfire, the Developers keep adding new items, yet do not do much to increase players' storage capabilities, so, eventually, sooner or later, players hit a wall where they have no room to store away the "new" stuff and they either have to open up a new subscription with another House (very few may decide to spend the extra monthly money on such an old game...) to accomodate the increased storage needs because of the "new" items, or, and I suspect these being the majority, just decide to stop playing althogether since, what is the point of spending time to get new items if they then have no room to store it ?

Anyways, enjoy the new stuff, I gave up collecting it for lack of where to store it.

Maybe cleaning the house now and then and throwing away the useless garbage and selling the stuff you have not even bothered to look at in the last 10 years or more would be a start to resolving your issue.  When you quit and the house IDOCs you know what will happen to 90% of the stuff....... it will go to luna bank and get dumped in the trash can.  See it every time a Castle full of STUFF that is only worth turn in points falls.  Just do what I do a couple of times per year when castles start getting full......... demolish the castle.......... replace the castle take a glance at the pile of trash under the house sign and log out.  Storage problem solved and not a thing you will even miss 24 hours later. And you have a empty castle to start filling with all new garbage.
    Pawain said:

The tall pumpkins are hard to find but a player friended me to their stash from last year. So I trade them a carving kit for a pumpkin.  So I been just going from graveyard to graveyard killing Butchers.

My complaint is I may do 6-8 grims before getting a pumpkin.  But TG I always get a piece of candy!
    Yes. Grimm can be stingy. Did 10 more carvings last night, another new demon, no Medusa.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    Yes. Grimm can be stingy. Did 10 more carvings last night, another new demon, no Medusa.
    You're naughty of course the great pumpkin punishes you  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Tyrath said:

Maybe cleaning the house now and then and throwing away the useless garbage and selling the stuff you have not even bothered to look at in the last 10 years or more would be a start to resolving your issue.  When you quit and the house IDOCs you know what will happen to 90% of the stuff....... it will go to luna bank and get dumped in the trash can.  See it every time a Castle full of STUFF that is only worth turn in points falls.  Just do what I do a couple of times per year when castles start getting full......... demolish the castle.......... replace the castle take a glance at the pile of trash under the house sign and log out.  Storage problem solved and not a thing you will even miss 24 hours later. And you have a empty castle to start filling with all new garbage.

Have you seen, since we are in Halloween, for example at how many Pumkins types there are ?

Now, currently they may look as nice and usefull to keep because it is Halloween time, yet, if we were making this discussion in spring/summer, perhaps they might be looked as trash to throw away and other items to be kept...

Yet, how much time it took to a player to get the carving kits and all the rest to then put together all those Carved Pumpkins ?

What I am trying to say is, that behind ANY item that needs some sort of farming, unless one uses AFK scripts, there is a player's chunk of lifetime...

Throwing that item away, means, at least to my viewing, throwing away however many hours of a player's lifetime it took to get that given item, as if they had not lived them....

Some people may be less concerned about their time, other people, may instead value it much more highly.

So, to some, throwing away stuff that took time to gather, might not look as the proper thing to do.

But, of course, different people think differently.....
    popps said:
    Tyrath said:

Have you seen, since we are in Halloween, for example at how many Pumkins types there are ?

Now, currently they may look as nice and usefull to keep because it is Halloween time, yet, if we were making this discussion in spring/summer, perhaps they might be looked as trash to throw away and other items to be kept...

Yet, how much time it took to a player to get the carving kits and all the rest to then put together all those Carved Pumpkins ?

What I am trying to say is, that behind ANY item that needs some sort of farming, unless one uses AFK scripts, there is a player's chunk of lifetime...

Throwing that item away, means, at least to my viewing, throwing away however many hours of a player's lifetime it took to get that given item, as if they had not lived them....

Some people may be less concerned about their time, other people, may instead value it much more highly.

So, to some, throwing away stuff that took time to gather, might not look as the proper thing to do.

But, of course, different people think differently.....

Do you save everything in real life? 
    Why not?
    Now i hate real life brought into my game but there has to be limits you have been given multiple suggestions you refuse to add a second account despite claiming you're willing to spend the money on a one time thing but guess what the extra space will go fast and back to the pusherman you go ..
    Just toss some useless stuff empty those stables..
    edited October 2021
    @popps if you do not have room trow stuff away.  I'd hate to see what junk armor you have.

Ill come help you clean house.  Ill put the junk armor in bags and you can put in trash for points.
    I have 4 armor chests, you can come clean mine, but you'd probably want my stuff cause I don't keep much junk.

Kinda selfish for someone to ask the devs to stop making new things because you keep so much junk that you can't hold more.

Don't spend time picking up junk!  If time is truly an issue.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    @popps Uo is, and always has been, a game requiring choices. You must choose which skills to have, and which to forego on your character, you can't have them all
    You must choose which properties to prioritize on your character's armour, you can't have them all
    You must choose which pets to sell or release and which ones to keep - if you'll never take it out of the stable because you've a better one - sell it!
    You must choose what armour to keep and what to unravel/sell/trash. If you no longer wear it because you replaced it with something better. Get rid of it. If you brought it home 'just in case you'd need it' and you haven't needed it for the past year, get rid of it.
    You can't have it all, make some choices.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You can also sell your extra junk on a commission vendor if you don’t want to just trash it @popps
    Pawain said:

I got both right off the bat, I was AMAZED! I NEVER get the new stuff  right away.

I WANT to assume that because the image they put in the newsletter only shows the tall skinny pumpkins that they ONLY come on the tall skinny pumpkins but you never know...SO I have been working on trying to get the watermelons. I get TONS of the tall skinny and short round, the watermelons are the ones I have issues with. (Yes that image above is mine)

Trick or treating is where I am stuck with the typical RNG. I have gotten many old items and no new ones...YET! GM Begging and over 1000 luck...I'll get em though :)

So in typical noob fashion I've never.... so do i have to have and use begging? Can I just say trick or treat?? Do i wear one of the many khaldun (still some of my favorite memories @Larisa ) costumes?? Will i die ? 
    You don't have to use Begging but according to the team it does help get the rare items.

You don't have to wear a costume but it's fun!

And yes GREAT memories!

No you won't die....the TRICKS are...they make you bleed, they change the color of your outfit...or you'll get an evil twin that will either steal some of your candy or teleport you to the nearest moongate.

McDougle said:
    So in typical noob fashion I've never.... so do i have to have and use begging? Can I just say trick or treat?? Do i wear one of the many khaldun (still some of my favorite memories @ Larisa ) costumes?? Will i die ? 

No you won't die, GM Begging improves your odds GREATLY,  Make a say Trick or Treat Macro and it gives you the target thing, High Luck Greatly increases odds.   The Major annoyance is getting teleported to moongates.
    You can also beg using the skill and get those items . Stick the extras in Popps mailbox. Lanterns light on vendors.
    Pawain said:

Same here Demons hit pretty regular........ Medusa continues to elude me.  Still need to do 140 more for all my Characters Not Named Tyrath or PERVERT. SO I like to think odds are in my favor of getting one!
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I wish the Grims spawned more. I'm down to the medusa and cat in the tall pumpkins and the octopus in the round. Then I have to work on color options! Not bad for my first year. Really the Grim is hard to find.