Architecture 101, Pt3 - Thursday September 30th @ 8PM AEST

Meet at the EM hall for further instructions
EM Reiver
EMReiver.uo@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/Em.Reiver

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Oceania Event

The event on Oceania today was by far the most disorganized event I have ever been to.  EM Reiver attempt at running this event was very disappointing, his Avatar instructs us to meet him in Skara Brae, we are to get there on our own.  No idea or clue where to meet, spent a good two minutes chasing after all the rest trying to get to his location.  

Mine comment about telling us to meet at the docks (when I did catch up) fell on deaf ears.  We were then told to go to the main land, apparently there were some brigands that he needed our help with.

Arriving there after taking the boat crossing, we started to move down the road towards the crossroads, now here it get really confusing.  We lost him and it was a good ten minutes before we finally caught up, some of us had gone as far as the Brit farms looking, only to be alert by friends that the contact points was still back on the roads far below the brit crossroads.

There we were met by an assortment of brigands, monster etc.. The battle was all over the area, and NO one knew that the BOSS had appeared.  Very few got hits on it and far fewer got the drop.

Had we known that the Boss was up we would have taken steps to fight it.  What happen to have a secure location like the dirt/green bowls of death to fight that boss?  Why did we not use them, being gated to those locations?

If I was to give this event a point on a scale of 1-5, (5 being the best) I have to say a 2.  EM Reiver I will thank you for the fun.

A friend showed me the drop they had gotten
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • EM ReiverEM Reiver Posts: 23Event Moderator
    Drakelord said:
    Oceania Event

The event on Oceania today was by far the most disorganized event I have ever been to.  EM Reiver attempt at running this event was very disappointing, his Avatar instructs us to meet him in Skara Brae, we are to get there on our own.  No idea or clue where to meet, spent a good two minutes chasing after all the rest trying to get to his location.  

Mine comment about telling us to meet at the docks (when I did catch up) fell on deaf ears.  We were then told to go to the main land, apparently there were some brigands that he needed our help with.

Arriving there after taking the boat crossing, we started to move down the road towards the crossroads, now here it get really confusing.  We lost him and it was a good ten minutes before we finally caught up, some of us had gone as far as the Brit farms looking, only to be alert by friends that the contact points was still back on the roads far below the brit crossroads.

There we were met by an assortment of brigands, monster etc.. The battle was all over the area, and NO one knew that the BOSS had appeared.  Very few got hits on it and far fewer got the drop.

Had we known that the Boss was up we would have taken steps to fight it.  What happen to have a secure location like the dirt/green bowls of death to fight that boss?  Why did we not use them, being gated to those locations?

If I was to give this event a point on a scale of 1-5, (5 being the best) I have to say a 2.  EM Reiver I will thank you for the fun.

Hi @Drakelord !

Thank you very much for the feedback, its important for me in order to improve things for future events.

There are, however some quite inaccurate statements in your post above that we need to clarify in order to get something constructive out of the feedback.

I instructed players to meet me at Skara DOCKS.  This was also communicated in chat channel.
    Once we started moving towards britain, we stopped several times to let people catch up and brigands spawned so those people that were with us didnt just stand round waiting while other catched up.
    Once we started moving, that was communicated in the chat.

The boss NEVER appear or can be attacked until all the adds are dead. I wrote in chat several times instructing players where the crate was, allowing everyone to catch up.
    I use the 'Guardian' scripts on the boss, meaning that noone can attack him until the adds are dead.  I even pulled the last adds closer to the boss so that it was clear where the boss mob is.

Those that were by the crate for the last 10 minutes of the event can confirm that there were several minutes between the last spawn of ad and the boss appearing, i also wrote that the boss stole the crate before he became vulnerable to attacks. I also wrote that help was needed at the crossroads a good 5 minutes before the boss appeared there.

Im quite sad to hear that you had a bad experience this event, but most people there got damage done to the boss.
    EM Reiver
    EMReiver.uo@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/Em.Reiver
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    What happen to have a secure location like the dirt/green bowls of death to fight that boss?  

I never saw anything concerning Docks or locations.  However I will be sure to view mine log right away before I log in another shard.  Thanks for remarks
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TynkTynk Posts: 41
    edited October 2021
    Wasn't great ,didn't see a boss, everyone left after the last brigand was killed .. unless that was the boss or it had the health of a mongbat. but didn't lose a pet either. next one sounds interesting.

Normal to  see the drops for sale on Atlantic within the hour, still none a day later, guessing not many got a drop .
  • HeldHeld Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    Hi EM Reiver,

Having attended the event last night I can confirm the above comments and would like to respond to some of your statements

Once we started moving towards britain, we stopped several times to let people catch up and brigands spawned so those people that were with us didnt just stand round waiting while other catched up.
    Once we started moving, that was communicated in the chat.

Which chat channel was this in? Because it definitely wasn't in the "help" chat that we usually use on this shard. We asked several times for clarification and did not get any reply. Perhaps at the start of event you can identify which channel we were using, however, I assumed it would be the Help channel as you were messaging in this early on in the event.

Those that were by the crate for the last 10 minutes of the event can confirm that there were several minutes between the last spawn of ad and the boss appearing, i also wrote that the boss stole the crate before he became vulnerable to attacks. I also wrote that help was needed at the crossroads a good 5 minutes before the boss appeared there."
    This definitely was not the case in this instance. I was still fighting multiple brigand spawns while the boss was being killed. By the time I had finished killing the brigand I was fighting and moved over to where everybody was, the boss was dead. Not to mention there was still a brigand around AFTER the boss had died. 
    Did the boss have less HP than any of the other mobs as it seemed to be dead so quick?

• TynkTynk Posts: 41
    Held said:
    This definitely was not the case in this instance. I was still fighting multiple brigand spawns while the boss was being killed. By the time I had finished killing the brigand I was fighting and moved over to where everybody was, the boss was dead. Not to mention there was still a brigand around AFTER the boss had died. 
    Did the boss have less HP than any of the other mobs as it seemed to be dead so quick?
    Well that explains why i never new the boss was up and thought people where leaving while i was still fighting.