Ship's Hold Large Container Gump CC?

At the risk of asking something that's been asked and answered a million times already. I'm sorry, but is there any reason why the ship's hold can't be made to show as a large container in CC? Has this been discussed and we're told it's too difficult to code perhaps? 

Because a large container gump on ship's hold would go a long ways to solving the mess of trying to stay organized with a lot of high weight items that you can't put in sub-containers. It's such a simple solution I can't imagine it not being discussed and already applied unless there's some impediment to making it happen.

I need this for my ship...

Not this...

Thanks in advance for any info offered.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "the large containers are really hit and miss, i have 2 metal chests in my house..."

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
      Going to take a guess here and that guess is that some containers work on much different code and mechanics than others and are much more difficult to add the large gump to.  Ships Holds and Commod Boxes are the two that I think of first and probably because they both act as commod boxes and share some code. Could be that it is not possible to add the gump to them without rewriting the entire code for them.  Perhaps Kryonix could chime in on this and offer some insight, since it is a question I see folks pondering often.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "the large containers are really hit and miss, i have 2 metal chests in my house..."

how hard to tell? the metal box next to the mongbat statuette is the one with small gump (hence the box you’ve opened on the right) and the 2 boxes next to your char are with large gump (hence the box you’ve opened on the top) 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Chests with decorative trim are small Gump.

I wish the gold chests from fishing were large Gump.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • It seems to me there's got to be some way to come at this. Aside from switching to EC. Which I just can't do. I've tried. I just can't.

* Figure out how to code large container gump into commodity deed box / ship's hold for CC.

* This doesn't address the problem on a ship but who wouldn't want to have new and improved commodity deed boxes to lock down in a house? Call it a Packing Crate or some such. Create a new piece of artwork we can buy in the store. Or offer it as an anniversary gift. Or let us claim it as a vet gift. Or give it to us as a prize for an in-game quest. 

*Create a new large container gump item that's specifically to be placed in a ship's hold. 
       - A sub-container, if you will, that offers the commodity deed box function of ignoring container weight limit. I'm trying to think if there's anything about an item like this that could be exploitive. Nothing springs to mind.
       - Or let us lock it down on the deck. We can already lock a couple items down on the decks of those Britannia monstrosities. No? Let us lock some kind of shipping crate down on all large ship decks.

Not that I don't appreciate the new Hunter's Challenge item that'll reduce the weight of the fish when you want to offload. I do. And I'm excited to go after that prize. But the difficulty in organizing is in my mind what makes being out on the high seas a clumsy unnecessarily time consuming pita system.

Yeah, Yoshi, the randomness is kinda funny. I agree, Tyrath, it would be nice to get some feedback. :-) 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It annoys me that our developers (our employees) seem content to just say sorry we can't. top hats just don't work like that. We as customers deserve better... but they know we gonna pay for multiple accounts mo matter what...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    McDougle said:
    It annoys me that our developers (our employees) seem content to just say sorry we can't. top hats just don't work like that. We as customers deserve better... but they know we gonna pay for multiple accounts mo matter what...

First off they are not OUR Employees anymore than I was my customers employee or my employees were the customers employees.  A business produces a product or service and usually welcomes customer suggestions to improve, evolve or expand the product. Just because a customer suggest something does not mean it will happen for whatever reason.  When I had to deal with arrogant customers that went totally offensive with the YOU ARE MY EMPLOYEE comments....... I would just say great, Your Employee just quit now GTFO out of my house.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    This would be a nice quality of life improvement @Kyronix @Bleak
    Tyrath said:
    McDougle said:

First off they are not OUR Employees anymore than I was my customers employee or my employees were the customers employees.  A business produces a product or service and usually welcomes customer suggestions to improve, evolve or expand the product. Just because a customer suggest something does not mean it will happen for whatever reason.  When I had to deal with arrogant customers that went totally offensive with the YOU ARE MY EMPLOYEE comments....... I would just say great, Your Employee just quit now GTFO out of my house.
    Oh tyty you're my favorite too  ;)
  • Yes, please, for all our fisher buddies!
    <3
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • VynVyn Posts: 4
    This would be amazing to have on all ships! <3 I really hope they can do this somehow. To try to make room I pile all my fish types into a corner with my leather and meat from sea serpents into another corner, so I can drop them directly onto the hatch. I have bags to hold items for repairs and cannons, but only a small amount.

You're basically required to have fish and other items outside bags directly in the ships hold because of the weight limit of bags, but with the Fish Monger crates being unmovable you have to move everything else around them to access them. A large container gump would help tremendously with this! There's so little room in the ships hold to actually see anything, it's annoying -.- Even if you change something where the Fish Monger crates can be moved around inside the hold it still doesn't really change anything, because everything will still have to be in piles and you'll still have to keep moving things around just to get to the item at the bottom of the pile. Making a large container gump is the best solution all around. At least then you'd only have to move one or two piles to see a fish monger crate, not a whole mess of piles like now.
  • I feel your pain, Vyn. 
  • Or...
    Have the hold work like a secured container does in your house. Secured containers don't have weight limits on sub-containers inside them.

In a hot minute the crate, that would help greatly to stay organized, is at the weight limit. Can't put another thing in it. I could juggle a bunch of commodity deeds. But that's not fun. Isn't fun to look at. And doesn't let you see what you've collected without shuffling through deeds. Booo!

or.png 264.1K
    Let's hope high seas gets love in new legacy...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    Let's hope high seas gets love in new legacy...
    I would love if they made a vet reward 
    that looks like the "Better Late than Never" flag
    comes in deed form & is placeable at front or back of ship

clicking brings up a list of facets
    or clicking places a pillar in the water
    (if pillar, you say the facet you want to go to)

I love to do the pirates in Tokunese waters
    but if needing to do the Zipy prep, need to move ship to Jhelom in Trammel waters
    would love a quicker way to do that

==========

I would love if they made the cargo hold much bigger
    I also wish that we could use the bushels in the bank, without having a weight limit
    would be easier at a glance, to see what container they are in
  • Yep, we need pillars or something added to travel back and forth between Tokuno and Trammel waters. It’s silly to have to place and outfit a second ship. Or having to clear the hold so you can dry dock to move the ship.