DEVs make UO consensual PvP only

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Urge said:
    I could live with this. Consensual pvp everywhere, except for dungeons and spawn areas.
    Why not all UO content?  You are getting everything else but yet you still insist on controlling the spawn, now why is that.

I was being sarcastic. To steal a quote from you, I think they should remain unchanged, you know stay the way they are.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Ofcourse, there are enough other games where everyone lives in peace and carebear harmony. 

If I wanted to play in trammel, I can and do on occasion. 

This game is a beautiful game. The dark side is what drives everything. 

Imagine you had a shard with no fel (non transferable). Tell me, how much would a slither be worth? Would it be worth more than 175 mill, or less? 

This world has order and chaos. 

People’s hatred of me is a strong force. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• FatFat Posts: 97
    I really don't like Mervyn, but I'm with him on this one.

There is no good without evil
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited April 2018
    Make all of UO consensual PvP with the exception of the 2 special shards. This will allow all players to have access to all of UOs lands without fear of getting PKed and those that wish to partake can do so by selecting a I agree to PvP switch. Now everybody that wishes to can PvP to their hearts content anywhere in UO and those that do not want to can go where they please without worry.

So long as Fel remained non-consensual then sure
    I would even go so far as to say for those with their pvp flag on would qualify to get better drops doing game content than those with the flag off.  

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Keep Fel as it is, but give +1,000 Luck bonus if you turn on the Consensual Pvp in any other facet. SURE, i'd be game for that. Let reds into other facets, sure, sounds good. 

Otherwise no, Terrible Idea. Kind of the whole point of spawns and Fel is that players should be prepared to have to pvp. That's the concept, It's like complaining you can't bring a tamer to fight paroxy. "HOW DARE THE DEVS FORCE ME TO PLAY A CERTAIN WAY TO DO SPECIFIC CONTENT", Except in this case you could in fact do a spawn on a pvm character, with only the chance of being raided, vs it being impossible to do paroxy on a tamer.   99% of the content of UO is Tram ruleset. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited April 2018

I'm ok with this idea.

Of course it would mean those who flicked the PvP off switch, should not be allowed any drops of any sort, and be limited to rewards and drops like EJ accounts.

This is the only way for fairness.

Easymode needs to mean easymode, this duel system of rewarding those who take no risk has ruined the game to this point.

I think I have come round to Mervyn's concept of a pure Feluccan shard.

And I represent the opposing side to him in game, but I have to acknowledge where the game has gone wrong, and this would be a great attempt to restart UO from scratch, brand new and shiny, the ones who wanted to, could start again how they believe it should be played - the one's who are happy, can stay in Trammel on their home shards.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Easy mode?  Hiding while someone kills the spawn and the Boss and then killing that player with 2 hits.. That sounds like easy mode to me.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said:
    Easy mode?  Hiding while someone kills the spawn and the Boss and then killing that player with 2 hits.. That sounds like easy mode to me.
    So killing another player is easy?  Do me a favor.  Go to yew gate right now and kill someone blue or red (i'll give you the pardon) and then come back and tell me how it easy it was.

Better yet,  get on your best pvp character and hide while your friend does a champ.  When the red comes out kill him.  It's easy right?

And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Matthew 22:10
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    This is just another thread to try to get powerscrolls with zero danger. People will just turn off the switch or use another character to farm. If anything more content needs to be added to fel. Look at any article ever written about uo and go to the comments section. It receives tons of negative reviews because of the way it's been babied down over the years.

Trammel should have only been areas for small houses a baby town and maybe a couple baby dungeons. All the Trammel content they've added over the years is over farmed and has a very short shelf life. Despite little to no content being added to fel in going on 2 decades spawns are still well used. 

Get rid of vvv and reintroduce chaos and order. Get rid of pardons. PvP in this system should be game wide. I have 2 reds with counts in the thousands and could care less about city buffs. Increase drop rates on any facet for players in chaos and order. The reason no one farms any other content in fel other than champ spawns is it's not feasible with out luck. Luck had trammel in mind not fel.  Having to wear luck in fel makes trying to PvP in it an act of futility in such an item oriented game.

When I started uo there was no trammel. My first real character was a dexer that trained in deciets lich room. It was rough at first but I met like minded players and even gmed resist which in those days was bad ass. People thought twice about attacking characters like these. Now the only content is champs and people use sampires not for loot but to burn thru spawns for drops. These characters are meat in pvp. I just wish the game was more diverse and not so one dimensional now 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    Mervyn said:
    Ofcourse, there are enough other games where everyone lives in peace and carebear harmony. 

If I wanted to play in trammel, I can and do on occasion. 

This game is a beautiful game. The dark side is what drives everything. 

Imagine you had a shard with no fel (non transferable). Tell me, how much would a slither be worth? Would it be worth more than 175 mill, or less? 

This world has order and chaos. 

People’s hatred of me is a strong force. 
    And you would be free to play the dark side all over UO, giving you even more content to do as you please with.
    Make all of UO consensual PvP with the exception of the 2 special shards. This will allow all players to have access to all of UOs lands without fear of getting PKed and those that wish to partake can do so by selecting a I agree to PvP switch. Now everybody that wishes to can PvP to their hearts content anywhere in UO and those that do not want to can go where they please without worry.

So long as Fel remained non-consensual then sure
    I would even go so far as to say for those with their pvp flag on would qualify to get better drops doing game content than those with the flag off.  
    Oh so you want it in current Tram rule set lands but not in current Fel rule set lands, kind of what I would have expected from you.  I want it all but not give anything in return.
    King_Greg said:
    Keep Fel as it is, but give +1,000 Luck bonus if you turn on the Consensual Pvp in any other facet. SURE, i'd be game for that. Let reds into other facets, sure, sounds good. 

Otherwise no, Terrible Idea. Kind of the whole point of spawns and Fel is that players should be prepared to have to pvp. That's the concept, It's like complaining you can't bring a tamer to fight paroxy. "HOW DARE THE DEVS FORCE ME TO PLAY A CERTAIN WAY TO DO SPECIFIC CONTENT", Except in this case you could in fact do a spawn on a pvm character, with only the chance of being raided, vs it being impossible to do paroxy on a tamer.   99% of the content of UO is Tram ruleset. 
    So it is only PvP to you if it involves a LURE, it isn't about who is the better like minded person like it was pre PSs.  Every bodies true colors are showing.
    Cookie said:

I'm ok with this idea.

Of course it would mean those who flicked the PvP off switch, should not be allowed any drops of any sort, and be limited to rewards and drops like EJ accounts.

This is the only way for fairness.

Easymode needs to mean easymode, this duel system of rewarding those who take no risk has ruined the game to this point.

I think I have come round to Mervyn's concept of a pure Feluccan shard.

And I represent the opposing side to him in game, but I have to acknowledge where the game has gone wrong, and this would be a great attempt to restart UO from scratch, brand new and shiny, the ones who wanted to, could start again how they believe it should be played - the one's who are happy, can stay in Trammel on their home shards.

So you are all for PvPers still controlling content, sorry that is not an option.  They are given all of UO to play on and kill each other all they want.
    Pawain said:
    So killing another player is easy?  Do me a favor.  Go to yew gate right now and kill someone blue or red (i'll give you the pardon) and then come back and tell me how it easy it was.

Better yet,  get on your best pvp character and hide while your friend does a champ.  When the red comes out kill him.  It's easy right?
    Aren't those people at Yew Gate set up for PvP but the people doing the spawn are set up for PvM, yep sounds like "easy mode" to me for a PKer.
    Dukarlo said:
    This is just another thread to try to get powerscrolls with zero danger. People will just turn off the switch or use another character to farm. If anything more content needs to be added to fel. Look at any article ever written about uo and go to the comments section. It receives tons of negative reviews because of the way it's been babied down over the years.

Trammel should have only been areas for small houses a baby town and maybe a couple baby dungeons. All the Trammel content they've added over the years is over farmed and has a very short shelf life. Despite little to no content being added to fel in going on 2 decades spawns are still well used. 

Get rid of vvv and reintroduce chaos and order. Get rid of pardons. PvP in this system should be game wide. I have 2 reds with counts in the thousands and could care less about city buffs. Increase drop rates on any facet for players in chaos and order. The reason no one farms any other content in fel other than champ spawns is it's not feasible with out luck. Luck had trammel in mind not fel.  Having to wear luck in fel makes trying to PvP in it an act of futility in such an item oriented game.

When I started uo there was no trammel. My first real character was a dexer that trained in deciets lich room. It was rough at first but I met like minded players and even gmed resist which in those days was bad ass. People thought twice about attacking characters like these. Now the only content is champs and people use sampires not for loot but to burn thru spawns for drops. These characters are meat in pvp. I just wish the game was more diverse and not so one dimensional now 
    And if it is so great then why is Fel so dead.  Tram saved UO or you wouldn't even be here.  Why do you need luck to PvP, luck doesn't work when you kill another player.  It does not receive a ton of neg reviews, those people are just like you posting a bunch of neg. posts about a facet that is deader than the dead shards.
    edited April 2018
    Dukarlo said:

And if it is so great then why is Fel so dead.  Tram saved UO or you wouldn't even be here.  Why do you need luck to PvP, luck doesn't work when you kill another player.  It does not receive a ton of neg reviews, those people are just like you posting a bunch of neg. posts about a facet that is deader than the dead shards.
    You sir are a true champion for your cause!
    And the number one reason why UO has had declining numbers since LBR

Dukarlo said:

And if it is so great then why is Fel so dead.  Tram saved UO or you wouldn't even be here.  Why do you need luck to PvP, luck doesn't work when you kill another player.  It does not receive a ton of neg reviews, those people are just like you posting a bunch of neg. posts about a facet that is deader 
    Fel is only dead in the areas that have been neglected. It Just happens that 99 percent of the land mass is neglected. Nobody wants to kill lizardmen or ratmen nowadays. No-one wants to have to use a luck suit to hunt. 

The whole vvv system is dumb. Uo is either candyland(tram) or a shooter(fel) with nothing in between. It's the in between stuff that made up great and very little of that is left. The reputation system is useless in both facets. Entire classes have been wiped out due to babying the game down. To say trammel saved up us an exaggeration. Most people were on dial up pre ren. Online games in general took off once people had good internet speeds. 

When people reminence about uo no one ever says anything great ever happened in trammel. It's always something pre trammel or later in fel. All trammel does is put massive restraints on what uo could be. If trammel has to exist so be it. It's unfortunate tho that the original facet exists and they have no clue or desire to let it thrive. Why they keep babying fel down is beyond me and just seems like such a wasted opportunity.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    King_Greg said:

So it is only PvP to you if it involves a LURE, it isn't about who is the better like minded person like it was pre PSs.  Every bodies true colors are showing.
    You act like Pvp is the only part of the game that needs a LURE to get some players to do the content. 

Take the rewards away from anything in the game and see how long players keep doing it. Ironically I bet you players would still be pvping against one another much longer than players would be doing any pvm content in the game with 0 reward. 

But that's kind of the point. It's Risk vs Reward, you either gear yourself up for pvp, practice, get supplies, and a template you can work with. Or in the case of some players, a large enough group to hold their own. Or roll over and die while complaining that it wasn't consensual in a literal pvp zone.  
    edited April 2018
    I prefer to target the vulnerable.

If someone decides to fight me without running, it’s no fun when they die. 

Plus I don’t get given any murder counts when I kill oranges. 

edited April 2018
      Mervyn said:
    I prefer to target the vulnerable.

If someone decides to fight me without running, it’s no fun when they die. 

Plus I don’t get given any murder counts when I kill oranges. 

And you wonder why I cast you in the "Evil" role ? :(

I prefer to target you, and all evildoers. :D

• AugustusAugustus Posts: 2
    I would like a server that was Fel everywhere but didn't have the other Siege rules
    edited April 2018
      Augustus said:
    I would like a server that was Fel everywhere but didn't have the other Siege rules

I've put a poll up for this on Stratics - feel free to go and vote for it. :)

https://stratics.com/threads/felucca-only-shard.398848/

And you Mervyn, I'm helping you out here!

• AugustusAugustus Posts: 2
    Cookie said:
      Augustus said:

I'll put my vote in. I think with EJ happening it might actually get players nowadays
    Augustus said:
    Cookie said:
      Augustus said:

I'll put my vote in. I think with EJ happening it might actually get players nowadays

Yep, agreed. People coming with EJ are often coming for the pure unadulterated version of UO, that's what it is all about. They are also starting afresh, as would everyone be, so they would be in exactly the same place, or at least have an equal shot.

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    If you want consensual pvp then go box irl.  This is a video game, its not real.  Worst idea in the history of video games.  The people who pvp and pvm are the only people who keep this game alive.  Without us this game would perish inside a year, that's why this idea is a joke.
    Cookie said:
      Augustus said:

Contrary to popular belief, when I find and report exploits. I’m not doing it to troll the abusers of exploits, or for self gain. What I do is for the good of the game. When I want them to make a fel shard, it’s not to waste 5 mins of the dev’s time. It’s to bring in more people. 

But yes I must confess I would play it also, I would like to play a blacksmith miner again. A new beginning to an endless journey. 

Mervyn said:
    Cookie said:

Contrary to popular belief, when I find and report exploits. I’m not doing it to troll the abusers of exploits, or for self gain. What I do is for the good of the game. When I want them to make a fel shard, it’s not to waste 5 mins of the dev’s time. It’s to bring in more people. 

But yes I must confess I would play it also, I would like to play a blacksmith miner again. A new beginning to an endless journey. 

I know, I get your playstyle.

No need for us to squabble today, go and make this happen on Stratics. :)

It would actually be pretty exciting wouldn't it?

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Wow, just shoot UO in the head and be done with it. Trammel was a terrible idea in the first place.