About Bane Weapons

Hi, 

I just wondering Bane stat is useful or not.

My question is that Bane damage is additional to my weapon damage or if it triggers only Bane damage will inflict?

As far as I see approximately 100 damage can be done by Bane (including creature resists) and my base damage already higher than that. That's why I try to understand that.

If anyone tried that before (I don't have any bane weapon for now) can he explains?

Thank you.

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    https://www.uoguide.com/Bane

this is what i know of bane, so if your fighting a low physical resist target, it can do much more.
    bane is an additional proc, like hit lightning. so you add the 2 together.
  • Bane is a proc that deals damage in addition to your Wep damage and Hit Spell effect. The lower the victim's current Health %, the greater the chance to proc and greater the damage dealt. Currently, the best Bane weapons in game are Bane Soul Glaives (Armor Ignore). I deliberately farmed Archer Generals during the Town Invasions with Gargoyle chars for a chance at Bane Soul Glaives.
    I've seen the Bane proc itself deal 300+ damage to Osiredon (Scalis) and Plunder Beacons. That's in addition to my Wep damage, my Hit Lightning damage, and my Elemental Fury proc damage (all of which can hit at the same time for numerous damage numbers popping up, totaling massive damage).
    Bane is an extremely powerful property, but also fairly rare in what can spawn with it. There's only a small variety of Artifacts (with not so useful Weapon Specials) and Invasion weapons (only real good one being the Soul Glaive) that have the Bane property.
  • I understand, thank you for your feedbacks.

My last question is that, Bane damage is seen seperately from wep damage like hit lightining or sum with my base damage?

Also is there aby text or image sign thay bane becomes active?
  • Lestat said:
    I understand, thank you for your feedbacks.

My last question is that, Bane damage is seen seperately from wep damage like hit lightining or sum with my base damage?

Also is there aby text or image sign thay bane becomes active?

In EC, I believe there is only a sound effect -- sounds like the magery spell "harm" when it procs.

Bane is best used on bosses / targets with a large number of max hit points.
  • Lestat said:
    I understand, thank you for your feedbacks.

You wouldn't happen to be Lestat the Tamer/Mage from Napa Valley, would you?
  • No Lestat from Atlantic, thrower tamer
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 300
    edited September 2021
    The problem about bane weapons is it's low chance to proc, it's probably the same as searing wepaon something like 20% chance to trigger on melee and 10% for ranged weapon, but Iv'e never landed two bane hits in a row like if there might have an internal cooldown on it per target, haven't deep tested it tho...

There are too many hidden formulas and hidden info in general on everything in this game, if only the devs would be more cooperative or just more instructive when they release something.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited September 2021
    Bane is a proc that deals damage in addition to your Wep damage and Hit Spell effect. The lower the victim's current Health %, the greater the chance to proc and greater the damage dealt. Currently, the best Bane weapons in game are Bane Soul Glaives (Armor Ignore). I deliberately farmed Archer Generals during the Town Invasions with Gargoyle chars for a chance at Bane Soul Glaives.
    I've seen the Bane proc itself deal 300+ damage to Osiredon (Scalis) and Plunder Beacons. That's in addition to my Wep damage, my Hit Lightning damage, and my Elemental Fury proc damage (all of which can hit at the same time for numerous damage numbers popping up, totaling massive damage).
    Bane is an extremely powerful property, but also fairly rare in what can spawn with it. There's only a small variety of Artifacts (with not so useful Weapon Specials) and Invasion weapons (only real good one being the Soul Glaive) that have the Bane property.

I thought this post was very cool.

@kyronix - there you go - a future Soul Glaive for Throwers.

Bane + Hit Lightning + Hit Mana Leech + Hit Lower Defence + Hit Lower Attack. :)

Definitely not antique, or brittle.

That would work really nicely on my Chiv Thrower I believe, which is what most Throwers are.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 795
    edited September 2021
    Cookie said:

@ kyronix - there you go - a future Soul Glaive for Throwers.

Bane + Hit Lightning + Hit Mana Leech + Hit Lower Defence + Hit Lower Attack. :)

That would work really nicely on my Chiv Thrower I believe, which is what most Throwers are.

A short / periodic bring back of the invasions would mostly solve this for you ;)

City Invasions - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

Brittle/imbued isn't terrible for these.

You may be able to find somebody to craft one for you.  Below is one I use.

Unfortunately, the DI cannot be removed with a whetstone, though in this case that didn't matter.  If memory serves, they aren't "exceptional" from an imbuing weight perspective, and cannot be enhanced either.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Cookie said:

@ kyronix - there you go - a future Soul Glaive for Throwers.

A short / periodic bring back of the invasions would mostly solve this for you ;)

City Invasions - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com)

Brittle/imbued isn't terrible for these.

You may be able to find somebody to craft one for you.  Below is one I use.

Unfortunately, the DI cannot be removed with a whetstone, though in this case that didn't matter.  If memory serves, they aren't "exceptional" from an imbuing weight perspective, and cannot be enhanced either.

Unfortunately, the DI cannot be removed with a whetstone

And I purposely quote this because lets screw over gargoyles yrt again and not let them use a whetstone..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    edited September 2021
    Very few players got Bane Soul Glaives even tho we killed everything.  I have about 200 Bane Bows tho.  

Do I need to renew my request for a Potion that will add bane to any weapon? @kyronix
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:

Unfortunately, the DI cannot be removed with a whetstone

And I purposely quote this because lets screw over gargoyles yrt again and not let them use a whetstone..
    This was a rare case where non gargs got the short end  -- it looks like they pulled the bane composite bow and repeating xbow.  You could see the composite bow and repeating xbow in the general archer paper dolls, but no bow loot dropped on death.   (The heavy xbow and bow seen in the paperdoll was representative of the humanoid drop you'd get;  I believe the garg throwing drop was random coming from an archer general - just need to be a garg attacking the general).

Agreed that a whetstone would be helpful, but not end of day given the imbuing weight limit.  I could certainly imbue the SSI down to bump the HLD, and may do that given easier SSI choices.

Pawain said:
    Very few players got Bane Soul Glaives even tho we killed everything.  I have about 200 Bane Bows tho.  

Do I need to renew my request for a Potion that will add bane to any weapon? @ kyronix
    Now that it's widely known that gargs can get these drops from the invasions, re-enabling invasions periodically seems an easier and more tested path...

edited September 2021
    @Cookie,

If the bane "asks" here don't pan out, I can get a couple of non-imbued Bane glaives to ATL to sell to you.  I see one for sale on ATL VS search (50M - not mine), in case you're in urgent need.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    @ Cookie,

If the bane "asks" here don't pan out, I can get a couple of non-imbued Bane glaives to ATL to sell to you.  I see one for sale on ATL VS search (50M - not mine), in case you're in urgent need.

Thanks for that, and in fact yours is very nice, with the SSI of course, instead of HLA.