Over capped resistance for dummies

Ok so all 70s suit but we can over cap some resistance??

Now when i build my suits most of them at 85 90 resistance but this doesn't count correct??

Now if i use a scouring or other thingybobber then I canbget the 15+3 fire resistance? And end up with 73 total fire resistance? 

Is this another thing like stats that's capped but not really?? 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• An Elf can have 75/75/75/75/80 resists with refinements, assuming 5x refined items and all hit for all 5 refine resists.  Pray to the RNG.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited September 2021
    You can only use non medable armor.
    Each resist can go up to 5 higher.
    Each piece can get 1 increase per resist.
    You can't use invulnerable and do 5 on one resist. It does one on each resist.
    You can refine a piece over and over. It resets the piece and re refines it.
    You can not remove all the refinements once done.
    You can not refine transmoged items.
    You can not transmog a refined item.
    You can not put mage armor on a refined piece.
    Use the amalgamator to increase the value of a refinement. Do this before you take to an NPC.

So no you can not refine 1 piece and get 73 fire resist.
    You choose which resists you want to set  If you use Protection you will choose your first choice and second choice.  You will always get the first choice. 50/50 for the second.

Smartest for PvM would be just do Physical and Fire to +5.  You dont always get 2 with Protection, But you can do it over and over until you do. That would require 5 pieces to be refined.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/armor-refinement/

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    You can only use non medable armor.
    Each resist can go up to 5 higher.
    Each piece can get 1 increase per resist.
    You can't use invulnerable and do 5 on one resist. It does one on each resist.
    You can refine a piece over and over. It resets the piece and re refines it.
    You can not remove all the refinements once done.
    You can not refine transmoged items.
    You can not transmog a refined item.
    You can not put mage armor on a refined piece.
    Use the amalgamator to increase the value of a refinement.

So no you can not refine 1 piece and get 73 fire resist.
    You choose which resists you want to set  If you use Protection you will choose your first choice and second choice.  You will always get the first choice. 50/50 for the second.

ForeverFun
    said:
    An Elf can have 75/75/75/75/80 resists with refinements, assuming 5x refined items and all hit for all 5 refine resists.  Pray to the RNG.

No need to pray Invulnerable does +1 to each resist.  Most PvM do not do that. We dont need poison or cold increased.

Smartest for PvM would be just do Physical and Fire to +5.  You dont always get 2 with Protection, But you can do it over and over until you do. That would require 5 pieces to be refined.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/armor-refinement/

This a little too smart for me can you dumb it down a bit more? 

So i have my finished 55 lmc luck studded suit can I still refine ? 

Is there a way to use vs for pieces that may be for sale 
    If it is all studded and no mage armor property you can refine it.

While you loot ship holds, take all the Cure Components you find.

Decide if you want 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 resists increased on each piece.  Then combine then as needed to get those numbers..

• Invulnerability – Applies four modifications with a chance to apply five modifications.
    • Fortification – Applies three modifications with a chance to apply four modifications.
    • Hardening – Applies two modifications with a chance to apply three modifications.
    • Protection – Applies one modification with a chance to apply two modifications.
    • Defense – Applies one modification.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Should probably mention that each +1 resist you have will give you -1 from your max dci”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:
    “Should probably mention that each +1 resist you have will give you -1 from your max dci”
    Yup trying for +25 resists reduces the DCI cap by 25. That's another reason I just went for Phy, Fire, and some Energy. 
    @Yoshi does this work for pvp?
    “Yeah, so if you have say 74 fire and you get cursed, it’s reduced to 64”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    “At no point does anyone need to hand any armor over to another player, a tailor/carpenter/blacksmith converts the refinements to a useable thread etc and these can be used by any player with no trade skill required to apply”
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited September 2021

I collect refinements, and I've even done them a couple of times for players, I have all the crafters for everything.

But none of that above list really made any sense to me at all, I can quite happily say I almost didn't understand a word of it.

It's the same for greater reforging.

There is a tiny tiny minority of players who really love this nitty gritty, I think the rest of the playerbase ignore it, because it is way to complicated.

It's a shame, because this should all be much more usable, and more part of the game.

No wonder players prefer to just grind pvm mobs all day long. And since they have all the drops anyway.

Crafting should be way more important than it is, and way easier.

edited September 2021
    Cookie said:

I collect refinements, and I've even done them a couple of times for players, I have all the crafters for everything.

But none of that above list really made any sense to me at all, I can quite happily say I almost didn't understand a word of it.

It's the same for greater reforging.

There is a tiny tiny minority of players who really love this nitty gritty, I think the rest of the playerbase ignore it, because it is way to complicated.

It's a shame, because this should all be much more usable, and more part of the game.

No wonder players prefer to just grind pvm mobs all day long. And since they have all the drops anyway.

Crafting should be way more important than it is, and way easier.

This says it well but like it or not it effects us all don't you wonder why that fireball or ebolt hits just a little harder now than it used to this just hidden complex power creep...
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    McDougle said:
    This says it well but like it or not it effects us all don't you wonder why that fireball or ebolt hits just a little harder now than it used to this just hidden complex power creep...

For sure, you are correct.