Hythloth and houses

Many people myself included have placed outside hythloth some in the spot the turn in guy was in will the turn in guy just be moved or will the houses?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Bit selfish no?  What’s the point of places a small house right outside the dungeon other than to annoy others. Let’s hope mesanna wields the delete stick    What a stupid thing to do. But nothing really surprise me in the game anymore 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Jack, those houses have been there for years!  They've not been placed to grief the event.
  • 100% that guy above placed for event
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited September 2021
    It's a legal spot to place a house. I personally may not like it but it's just a personal opinion.
  • I have a house there, they can just move the turn in NPC. shouldn't be a huge deal.
    There's always room for more cookies.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I placed away from where the turn in guy was but that is a legitimate spot but morals and ethics not the point. Will they move the turn in guy or the house?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The deco and NPCs are placed by the Shards EMs.  I'm sure they know not to place them on someones roof. 

I put in a request to demolish your house tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Paddy cakes paddy cakes demo man 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    I have a house there, they can just move the turn in NPC. shouldn't be a huge deal.

Guessing you remember back when I had the 18x14 I believe at that spot  for several years.  Even think you helped me cart all the crap out of it when I decided to move from there. Several shards have had that house placed for as long as I can remember.  LOL I did drop my spot there on Napa the other day though not because of the people complaining about it, but because 3 folks asked nicely.  I dropped the one I placed beside you there mainly so someone else could have the spot and because I really wanted to place another castle that I didn't really need LOL. But mainly so someone could use that spot since I didn't need it. Its not only not a huge deal, it is a total non issue :)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    I seem to remember one year that bonnie was going to do something and people placed houses where she had planed something and she just did a wizard of oz on the house and relocated it.  The reason this stuck in my mind was the whining and the rest of the player base laughing at the whinners.
  • The devs should check the age of the houses.  If they have been there years then so be it. ANY house that have been placed in recent week should be deleted straight away.  And ships docked outside the dungeon aswell.  100% selfish act by anyone concerned 
    The devs should check the age of the houses.  If they have been there years then so be it. ANY house that have been placed in recent week should be deleted straight away.  And ships docked outside the dungeon aswell.  100% selfish act by anyone concerned 
    What you call selfish i I call good planning..
  • McDougle said:
    The devs should check the age of the houses.  If they have been there years then so be it. ANY house that have been placed in recent week should be deleted straight away.  And ships docked outside the dungeon aswell.  100% selfish act by anyone concerned 
    there you go, all the evidence needed for the Devs to delete this house. and ALL others placed after the event was announced
  • McDougle said:
    there you go, all the evidence needed for the Devs to delete this house. and ALL others placed after the event was announced
    So, Bonnies Choices are Move or delete rightfully placed houses and make several players mad, or move a temporary NPC and make @JackFlashUk mad. Does that sum it up?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:
    The deco and NPCs are placed by the Shards EMs.  I'm sure they know not to place them on someones roof. 

I put in a request to demolish your house tho.
    but what about the shards that don't have an EM.
    EM roster shows Sonoma has an EM
    but we haven't met that EM yet.

===========

About moving the houses.
    That has been done before, when people complained.

My cousin bought me the house at skara brae cotton field.
    Because I was always recalling there to collect the cotton.
    In my first days in UO, thats all I did after I got home from work,
    was fill tailoring BODs. so i was constantly making cloth.

I logged in one day and my house was way down south.
    And you couldn't pace in that location again.
    (someone has placed there recently, but not as close as I had)

someone had complained because they couldn't see the cotton.
    my house wasn't blocking the field, I was just picking it and 
    making cloth. I didn't know that you couldn't do that.

McDougle said:

Legally placed houses, in locations that have been available to place  for decades....... Seems to me yer just unhappy that you did not think to place one there.  Total non issue that dos not effect anyone else's game play one way or another.  And when the event ends you will not care even a little bit about this non issue even a little bit.
  • Poor little @JackFlashUk is just mad bc someone had the idea before him.
    The house was legally placed on a proper area, I also call that smart play or planned by the OP.  You can turn that house into a nice vendor house with PVP supplies or repair bench and so on.  When they announced the event, I also went to Tram and Fel side and placed houses as well. Stop whinning bc someone else was faster than you.
      Guess I am exceptionally 200% Selfish and Greedy but Thank You @JackFlashUk for reminding me to replace two of my traditional houses One for Dungeon Mining the Saltpeter and the other for my fishing expeditions.  It had totally slipped my mind to get those houses back up on Origin!

My boat looks nice 
    McDougle said:
    My boat looks nice 

Wait till it is in the middle of my fleet of brit ships :)
  • Tyrath said:
    McDougle said:
    My boat looks nice 

Wait till it is in the middle of my fleet of brit ships :)
    Arrr!!

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Yarrrrrrrrrrr did someone say blockade tis every pirates dream 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2021
    Grimbeard said:
    Yarrrrrrrrrrr did someone say blockade tis every pirates dream 
    That and tall Lass carrying a case o rum, Arr!!

There now yer boat looks much better now that part of my fishing fleet is at the fishing house.  And don't worry I am not going to keep you blocked in just parked them there for the photo op. 

• Arrr!! look at all dat Booty.  *fires up the cannons*

edited September 2021
      And I do have a few Orc Ships on shard if you don't think the brit ships are enough.  Something I have noticed...... If you get 40-50 ships clustered together the decay rate seems to speed up quite a bit sometimes like down to 6-7 days and sometimes not at all.  Might want to keep a eye on yer boats decay, Might be caused by the sever line I tend to blockade when I get annoyed or it might be something else. Hate to see anyone lose something as valuable as a a brit ship.

heheh my fleet coming !!! but if we get to many there we might crash the shard with ship lag !!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2021
    *starts placing his ships before @Tyrath fills the harbor*  Let's fill this sucker up Tyrath

edited September 2021
    Arrr!! look at all dat Booty.  *fires up the cannons*

Gasp!!! I never did put cannons on those ships! Course brit ships are worthless for anything other than being annoying, fishing, fishing quest and sea mining.
    on a side note i noticed one of my ships went quickly to greatly worn and wondered what would happen to the toon on it if it decayed? and do we know why ships have started to randomly sometimes decay faster? @Kyronix