Can We Get Some Equity Please?

GemGem Posts: 37
edited September 2021 in General Discussions
Just starting a petiton for the shards that do not have a moongate near the Britain main bank.  How about placing one in British Commons? At least for those shards that don't have one by the bank.
  1. Do you agree they should add a Moongate at Britain Commons to the shards that do have one nearby?29 votes
    1. Yes please!
      55.17%
    2. No
      44.83%
Tagged:

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There should be a moon gate by every bank in every city ..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    +100000000000
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougle said:
    Why?
    Because it's 2021 and we are old and it's stupid to make us run around like it's 98
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    "Last i read, Mesanna is due to remove the moongates at current britain west banks that have them along with all deco,

This will be equality"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Yes to adding moongates but only in Trammel.  We can't upset the PVPers now can we?
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited September 2021
    Every city should have a moongate by the bank. If two cities have (luna and Brit) it, they all should have it.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I disagree....why do we have runes and runebooks and recall and sacred journey and mark and gate travel and........

I think this conversation comes around whenever there are tokens to trade and people log into long unused characters to get the token and then have to run to an inn.

Either have someone mark you runes or just run, it's not that far or hard to go to any city without a moongate.

I know I'm in the minority.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    shards no moongate at Britain

Arirang (this one has a moongate, but it takes you to Nujelm)
    Formosa
    Lake Austin
    Mizuho
    Napa Valley
    Sonoma

===============

yes, during token times, it makes it difficult to trade with other shard people
    because there is no moongate

I've had people refuse to trade with me
    because we have no moongate.

I can and will meet someone where there characters are located
    to get a gift from them.

But on other shards where I don't have a character to gate them
    It is a long way to run and if a mongbat sees you 
    then you have to wait before you can get onto another character on that account.
    (this gets very annoying, quickly)

==============

in 2015 Darkstar asked Mesanna at a meet and greet
    if we could get a moongate at Britain.
    she was told that if the original designer requested one
    that they would put one there.

So Darkstar gifted Drakelord a couple 6 month time codes
    for him to come back to the game. So that he could get one put in.

He went to a meet and greet and requested one put in.
    Then he was told that it had to be in the original design.
    He didn't know at the time of the contest, that you could add a moongate.

Because one was never put in Britain
    Darkstar actually ended up leaving Ultima Online
    and will never return to the game.

===============

And yes I understand that it was once stated that the deco would be taken down
    at Britain Bank. But I also saw where lot of people requested that the deco to remain.
    And it is still there now. I am hoping that they keep the deco there,
    because the cities are beautiful. 

There are only 6 shards that are missing moongates.
    Its not like we are asking for 20 moongates

but if it is easier to add one to all shards
    (like they added the trash can to Luna)

then can I suggest a moongate be added to East Britain
    near the park where the Artisan Festival is held.
    that is a beautiful location
    Larisa said:
    I disagree....why do we have runes and runebooks and recall and sacred journey and mark and gate travel and........

I think this conversation comes around whenever there are tokens to trade and people log into long unused characters to get the token and then have to run to an inn.

Either have someone mark you runes or just run, it's not that far or hard to go to any city without a moongate.

Your argument is my point @Larisa we all have multiple ways already to get there.  most shard traders i would assume judging from the litter upstairs don't even move when logging in for the gifts on most shards there are multiple public crystal portals..i don't mind the running i don't my thunter runs everywhere but it is antiquated and unnecessary..
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    McDougle said:
    YES 10000000000000000000000000000000000% AGREE
    edited September 2021
    Larisa said:

Err, the topic is about equity, not whether to have moongates inside all cities…

To stay on topic, it’s about placing the moongate at the Britain bank only and for those Low priority shards which were obviously brushed aside.

Recently the Arcane Circle at my shard’s Britain bank was not giving the right strength, and someone or Messina came and changed it. 

It can be done.

Time to ping the Dark Lady to the rescue… @Mesanna
  • In my day we had to run 100 miles in the snow to a moongate.  Uphill, Both ways!. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Please add Europa to the missing gate list, We had one ,and it looked great. But the first Mesanna did after stating to remove things from the Brit banks was to remove it, and random other deco,and place other stuff like aquariums up there. Come and take a look..

• Larisa said:

My point is simply equity amongst all the cities. Being the Governor of Moonglow and an avid supporter of the other Governors I would love to see all citizens be able to travel intercity with ease.
    Two cities should not be favored above all others.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Please add Europa to the missing gate list, We had one ,and it looked great. But the first Mesanna did after stating to remove things from the Brit banks was to remove it, and random other deco,and place other stuff like aquariums up there. Come and take a look..

thank you for reminding me
    I forgot about that
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    In my day we had to run 100 miles in the snow to a moongate.  Uphill, Both ways!. 

They will turn the snow on and we will have to once again :)
  • Tyrath said:
    In my day we had to run 100 miles in the snow to a moongate.  Uphill, Both ways!. 

They will turn the snow on and we will have to once again :)
    *Shakes his cane*

• All decorations and moongates should be removed from Britain Bank on all shards like Mesanna originally planned to do. 

• All decorations and moongates should be removed from Britain Bank on all shards like Mesanna originally planned to do. 

I wouldn't go that far, but there's no need to make changes.

• NorryNorry Posts: 515

Back in my day, we had to wait for the moongates to cycle through to the destination we wanted, we werent auto hidden, and i dont think guards came right away either.
  • Norry said:

Back in my day, we had to wait for the moongates to cycle through to the destination we wanted, we werent auto hidden, and i dont think guards came right away either.
    You had guards?

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Moonglow's Moongate is close to the city, as is Skara's  

Luna was built that way so it doesn't count. IMO anyway.  Vesper/Minoc is farther but still a short distance to run/walk.  New Haven is right outside of town...same with New Mag.

What is there to complain about?

• Larisa said:

Luna was built that way so it doesn't count. IMO anyway.  Vesper/Minoc is farther but still a short distance to run/walk.  New Haven is right outside of town...same with New Mag.

What is there to complain about?
    Did you just ask that, on the official Forums *chuckles*

But that blasted snow and those wild youngins runnin to and fro...
  • Larisa said:

Skara's is actually in the city as I see it. Jhelom as well.

So they should take away Brit's city moongate since it's original moongate is about the same distance outside city proper as Magincia, Minoc, Moonglow, Trinsic and Yew's moongates are? After all, as you say, it's only a short distance to run/walk.

I agree with the OP, Can we get some equity please?
    edited September 2021
    Gem said:
    Just starting a petiton for the shards that do not have a moongate near the Britain main bank.  How about placing one in British Commons? At least for those shards that don't have one by the bank.
    Reference to the OP, the equity is about being Fair to shards which do not have Moongate near Brit bank, Vs Shards who have Moongate near Brit bank.

It is not about which city should get moongate.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    When I grabbed tokens to go collect Anniv gifts the other day.  I did not grab LA, Napa, And Sonoma because they don't have gates in Brit.                  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Every bank on every facet needs a moongate nearby and ESPECIALLY a trash bin.

*hint, hint*
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2021
    Pawain said:
    When I grabbed tokens to go collect Anniv gifts the other day.  I did not grab LA, Napa, And Sonoma because they don't have gates in Brit.                  
    Which is why on shards I do not have a house on I keep my characters for that shard in The Blue Boar right off of Britain Commons. Just a few steps away from any clicky that is placed in the commons. And because The Blue Boar is a safe log out place I can cycle through my characters quickly.