Runic Crafting Combining

The limit is 100 charges on one tool.  Can we please get this limit up to say 500 or 1,000. 

When you are burning runics to reforge you can be burning 5-6 charges at a time.  Thats only 20 attempts with a 100 charge tool.  

Things like DC hammers are 50 charges. I can only combine 2 together to 100 charges. I'd like to go to 500 or 1,000.  That doesn't seem unreasonable and it would cut down on storage clutter.  

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We could just demand they take the random out of crafting...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Higher charge capacity would be great. 
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    dvvid said:
    Higher charge capacity would be great. 

I never realize how much it frustrates me more than when I play on Test Center with runics with 30,000 charges. I can just keep crafting and not worry about 'oh darn, i need 6 charges and my tool has 5 so i have to recombine it with the next and then go back to what I was doing'.   I have the hundreds of charges - just let me put it on one tool.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Some of us like the randomness so we can get higher properties.

Risk - Reward.

If you don't like random stick with baby properties and Imbue.  @McDougle

Some of us find it fun to roll the dice and see what happens.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    You find burning though 80 charges to maybe get the one or two mods you want fun ?? Seriously 
    Pawain said:

Risk - Reward.

If you don't like random stick with baby properties and Imbue.  @ McDougle

I think all we are talking about here is combining like runics with like runics and being able to
    go over 100. For instance, combining all
    of your shadow runic hammers together… all of your bronze runic hammers together. Having like 15 runics with 90 charges each is unnecessary. 

Not talking about properties… max charge count is all. 
    dvvid said:
    Pawain said:

Risk - Reward.

I think all we are talking about here is combining like runics with like runics and being able to
    of your shadow runic hammers together… all of your bronze runic hammers together. Having like 15 runics with 90 charges each is unnecessary. 

The reason we need more charges is because crafting is random so we burn through charges like wildfire so it is all related...
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited September 2021
    If anybody thinks the random in crafting is fun, watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQI2WKsR_Co

The comment near the end about not wanting to see a bokuto again is right on.

I imagine the cost is far in excess of 1P today.

Yes, allowing a limit of say 32768 on the runic tools seems like a start to some improvements to take the grind out of crafting.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Let us use as many charges as we want, the more you use the more control and strength.  Throw in some randomness as to high and lows and some properties but if I use 20 charges at once let me narrow down most of the randomness or even 30 use
  • More control could also be done via consumption of ingredients in addition to charges, like peerless ingredients, or some new ingredients obtained through new boss loot, new content, etc.
    We should have total control if i want a lucky axe of paddy cakes slaying i should be able to make it YES say i need the blood of two virgins and paddy cakes hat but after that there should be no random like i always say apply what we settle for to any other skill set in UO and see what happens....
    dvvid said:
    Pawain said:

Risk - Reward.

Was specifically talking to McDougle. Hence the tag with his name. 

I have a bag of 90 Charge Barbed kits  Would be nice to combine them more.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    More control could also be done via consumption of ingredients in addition to charges, like peerless ingredients, or some new ingredients obtained through new boss loot, new content, etc.
    That too
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    dvvid said:
    Pawain said:

Risk - Reward.

Correct. That was the original request once again.  I can get 5,000 charges on a smith bench but my runic limit is 100 charges.  Thats 2 DC hammers.   You can burn 6, 7 or 8 charges depending on what you are reforging. Its not long before you burn through your 100 charge hammer and need another.   For storage and usability - it would be nice if we could combine runics to 500 or 1000 at least...   I'd love 5,000 for sure. 
    I’d love for the developers to really consider this. It would certainly be a quality of life improvement for crafters/artificers. 
    edited September 2021
    I am kinda against this.  I used a bunch of 90 charge hammers with little luck tonight.  The fact that I had to carry 10 hammers to the soulforge made me stop.  If I just had 1 tool with 999999 charges I may have used them all.