How many BODs...

Before you say thats enough?

Since you get 1 BOD back per a turn in theres probably a number of BODs where you can stop?

Or are there other reasons to keep going? I guess selling them to others?

Comments

• TheoTheo Posts: 167
    I have over 35,000 and still collecting.  When you do a large you combine 5-7 bods and only get one back.  Thats the only way to bring the number down.  ;-) 
  • Theo said:
    I have over 35,000 and still collecting.  When you do a large you combine 5-7 bods and only get one back.  Thats the only way to bring the number down.  ;-) 
    I guess you need to store these over multiple homes? Dedicated BOD houses?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LOL I have 87 Vendors full and books all over the place in my Crafters Castle.  50+K bods.  Hell yes I am a HORDER
  • LOL I have 87 Vendors full and books all over the place in my Crafters Castle.  50+K bods.  Hell yes I am a HORDER
    How many BODs/books can a vendor hold?

And these don't take up spots in a house, correct?
    edited September 2021
    LOL I have 87 Vendors full and books all over the place in my Crafters Castle.  50+K bods.  Hell yes I am a HORDER
    How many BODs/books can a vendor hold?

And these don't take up spots in a house, correct?
    A book with 204 BODs count as 41 items so it is easy to do 3 books per vendor 123 items
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Before you say thats enough?

Since you get 1 BOD back per a turn in theres probably a number of BODs where you can stop?

Or are there other reasons to keep going? I guess selling them to others?
    You get 3 a day for each skill.  Then you get 1 per turn in.  You have not been getting them all.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    The idea is you collect small bods to fill large bods, turning in the large bods as you fill them for the rewards.  Some people never seem to get to the 'fill' stage and just collect and collect and collect :D
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    Its hard to keep up and frustrating that there are SO many flavors.  They really should have made quantity 15 for everything so its easier to match them up. You wouldn't have to save so many to fill things.  It used to be a thing to collect and swap with others to try to fill orders.  The idea was to make it interactive.  Well, it degenerated to hoard a million bods to have enough to fill larges.  And then with bribing and fill one get one - you don't need to trade with anyone.  Just grab a 10 normal iron and bribe it up till its a valorite hammer bod or fill lower ones for points and get rewards.  Its now a pure solo activity that could be tuned down to just QTY 15.  

I like some of the systems like Alchemy where there aren't that many bods.  Tinkering is just stupid. There are way way too many bods and many that can't go beyond iron or normal made and all the jewelry ones are just throwaways.   Whomever created the tinkering system should be fired.  You just needed a handful of weapon ones and then a few large ones like the spoons or filling a collection of small weapon bods.  There are litterally like 100 different tinker bods.   Carpentry is a bit crazy too.  Way to many smalls. Some of those furniture ones are 60 boards a piece.  Doing 20 ex bloodwood armoire at GM carpentry and talisman still spends about 750-1000 boards to do one bod. Thats crazy.  

Ok, off my soap box.  Its a system that went off the deep end and is way more complex then it needed to be.  Simplfy.  Make it more fun. Not a tedium of managing tens of thousands of bods.  

To answer the earlier question I have one keep full of vendors with nothing but bods.  I don't want to do it but it is what it is. IF bod books took 1 lockdown like a book of 300 powerscrolls - I would not need the vendors.    Its a simple change they could implement. It would remove so many vendors from the UO world. 
  • Is there a list anywhere of what BODs are not financially viable because of the resources they require?
    Mariah said:
    The idea is you collect small bods to fill large bods, turning in the large bods as you fill them for the rewards.  Some people never seem to get to the 'fill' stage and just collect and collect and collect :D
    Or you get collections given to you from players that left UO prior to the bribe system. LOL
    Is there a list anywhere of what BODs are not financially viable because of the resources they require?
    That is up to you, look at the rewards and see what you want and what is needed to get it.  Some bods are a total pain to fill no matter what the reward is.
    I have no idea why anyone would not Bribe BODs to max as soon as they get them.  Much easier and works for Artisan festival.
    Just need 1 book for each type armor. BODS quit being a puzzle when Bribing was introduced.

Get with the 2020s.
  • "clears throat"  no such thing as enough BODs!  The Artisan Festival was a blessing for me as it gives me a reason to fill and dump alot of "junk" BODs.  The Nexus Core Alchemy BOD and The Farspeaker Tinkering BOD are the only ones I don't fill.  Happy BOD collecting  :p
    Pawain said:
    I have no idea why anyone would not Bribe BODs to max as soon as they get them.  Much easier and works for Artisan festival.
    Just need 1 book for each type armor. BODS quit being a puzzle when Bribing was introduced.

Get with the 2020s.
    Sorry I do not play UO according to your rules. 
    Pawain said:

Get with the 2020s.
    And I accept that as you should for players with differing opinions.  
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

Get with the 2020s.
    And I accept that as you should for players with differing opinions.  
    And so should you
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Mariah said:
    I have this bad habit of collecting, collecting.
    but there are days when I do nothing but fill the small ones
    (between collecting tokens and cookind BODs, my days are filled lately)
    (blacksmith and tailor BODs are next)

Its just that when the DEVs give us all these events back to back
    that we don't have time to do the BODs.
    this down time, between events has given me an opportunity
    to work up BODs for the Artisan Festival

==========

I agree with the others,
    that if they made them worth 1 lockdown
    I wouldn't need to store them on vendors
    And I could store them with the items that go into them
    (Cooking items that is)
  • What's the deal with the artisan festival?
  • UO.com has a wiki section with lots of info
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/artisan-festival/
    This explains the Artisan festival 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    What's the deal with the artisan festival?
    Shandara posted a link to read about it.
    But I can give you a simple answer.

If the tree has a star on top,
    when the bag appears next to the elf
    everyone who turns in a BOD, gets a gift
    when they click on the bag

red vice item for bad karma
    green virtue item for good karma

the newest items are the stained glass window
    and the foldable blanket

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2021
    Mariah said:
    I have this bad habit of collecting, collecting.
    but there are days when I do nothing but fill the small ones
    (between collecting tokens and cookind BODs, my days are filled lately)
    (blacksmith and tailor BODs are next)

Its just that when the DEVs give us all these events back to back
    that we don't have time to do the BODs.
    this down time, between events has given me an opportunity
    to work up BODs for the Artisan Festival

==========

I agree with the others,
    that if they made them worth 1 lockdown
    I wouldn't need to store them on vendors
    And I could store them with the items that go into them
    (Cooking items that is)
    I wished, that there was a Veteran Reward (maybe they could make one like this for next Years' 25th birthdoay of UO, as a Veteran Reward that 25 Years Active Accounts can claim but all accounts can use ?) which one could load with thousands and thousands of resources, and then go fill those BODs with just 1 click from this machine, rather then having the materials in one's own backpack which involves the having to click and drag materials all the time from a container to one's own backpack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...................

I wonder, if the Developers are aware of the existance of the word "tediousness" in the Dictionary....

I understand that, probably, the need to have the materials be in a character's backpack were forced to discourage scripters.... too bad, that scripts CAN handle the moving of materials back and forth a container to a character's main backpack....

Therefore, such a requirement (to have the materials in a character's main backpack), only aggravates players who play regularly, without scripting.... players who use Third Party script programs, have a laugh at it and script if anyways....

How many restrictions I have seen (random resources is only one among several that come to mind...) done by the Developers, I imagine to hurt scripters which, instead, ended up hurting regular players who do not script, and leaving players who use scripts having a laugh at those restrictions, since they just script unattended and, therefore, all that "extra" time required, all of the clicking and dragging, does not involve them as it is done by an automated BOT not by them "in person"....

So, at this point, WHY NOT make such a crafting machine available to ALL players and be done with scripters always having it easier, thanking to using their scripts ?

One could "dump" all of their resources into such a Crafting Machine, locked down in their Home and then, when they need to fill a small BOD, just get to the machine, open up the BOD, click the button "make", and the required items would be done and put in the BOD.

No hassles, no moving of resources from containers to one's own main backpack, no clicking and moving no more, just a 1 click does it all, wonderfull and relaxing play.....

Now, this  would be a crafters' friendly item....... and scripters would no longer have such an edge, at least, when it comes to crafting "clicking and dragging".........

Just a thought.........
  • Or sorting feature for bods in side the book by name...
    Or filling larges by targeting the book, like it says "from the container"....
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I have 100K BODs stored on a couple dozen FEL vendors (lag was terrible when i had them stored in Luna).  When the new BODs came out I made 7 GM cooks just to get the Large BODs because the rewards were so nice and it was easy to GM cook with a endless water pitcher and a stack of 50K  raw fish steaks - miso soups! Once I had enough plum trees, wine casks and dyes i quit doing BOD runs. My hoard of Carp BODS came in handy when the Pirate Shield recipr rewards came out. I was able to fill a couple dozen to get a good supply of runic saws.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited September 2021
    And in case you were wondering where you should help out with your large bods Baja is trying something new this year. Please consider helping with a donation.

httpsforumuocomuploadseditorutr25dsowfuapnpng
  • Hippo said:
    I have 100K BODs stored on a couple dozen FEL vendors (lag was terrible when i had them stored in Luna).  When the new BODs came out I made 7 GM cooks just to get the Large BODs because the rewards were so nice and it was easy to GM cook with a endless water pitcher and a stack of 50K  raw fish steaks - miso soups! Once I had enough plum trees, wine casks and dyes i quit doing BOD runs. My hoard of Carp BODS came in handy when the Pirate Shield recipr rewards came out. I was able to fill a couple dozen to get a good supply of runic saws.
    50k total steaks to gm 7 cooks doing miso soups?

I did my gm cook with just fish. Guess that was wrong way since it takes more than 50k fish just for one gm cook.
  • And in case you were wondering where you should help out with your large bods Baja is trying something new this year. Please consider helping with a donation.

httpsforumuocomuploadseditorutr25dsowfuapnpng
    Do you still get normal BOD rewards with this event?
  • You do not get to claim the reward the BOD would have given if turning in to the npc.  The Elf thanks you and the point go towards growing and lighting the tree all the way.  What shard are you playing on? I think three shards lit all the city trees.  Great  Lakes is one of them. The points are Banked points by the way which is why large BODs are the only way to go in advancing the trees.
    Amber Witch, I am impressed with Baja and am counting my BODs to give you some of my surplus.  <3
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Yarrrrrrrr we needs a tree at da floating dock built by no names and footwear don't leave us fisherperson out another year ...
  • Shandara said:
    You do not get to claim the reward the BOD would have given if turning in to the npc.  The Elf thanks you and the point go towards growing and lighting the tree all the way.  What shard are you playing on? I think three shards lit all the city trees.  Great  Lakes is one of them. The points are Banked points by the way which is why large BODs are the only way to go in advancing the trees.
    Amber Witch, I am impressed with Baja and am counting my BODs to give you some of my surplus.  <3
    Ah ok. After coming back I'm not sure I'm in a position yet to donate away large BODs.

I play on Atlantic.
    7uuuDeathBringer said:
    Shandara said:
    You do not get to claim the reward the BOD would have given if turning in to the npc.  The Elf thanks you and the point go towards growing and lighting the tree all the way.  What shard are you playing on? I think three shards lit all the city trees.  Great  Lakes is one of them. The points are Banked points by the way which is why large BODs are the only way to go in advancing the trees.
    Ah ok. After coming back I'm not sure I'm in a position yet to donate away large BODs.

I play on Atlantic.
    Atlantic rarely has a star anyway.