What CC upgrades/fixes would you like to see?

Here are some of mine:
  • Zoom feature with scroll wheel (it'll be limited due to 2D graphics, but add it anyway)
  • Spell/ability bars with locks
  • Flexible game screen, can be resized to any proportion, but obviously only a max view field, so after certain size it zooms.
  • Add EC stat/extra info to stat screens/paper dolls
  • Options to show health bars of mobiles, etc.
  • Save BOTH open and minimized positions of all UI elements
  • Loot filter like in aRPGs: show only above a certain level (such as, lesser artifact and up)
  • Fix where you can open a container and take from it, but you can't put it back (tile distance for taking/putting in differs?)
  • The corpse click insta-dress feature for those who don't find corpse: simply insta-dressed all insured stuff from backpack.

If this sort of stuff were done , I'd sub a second account and buy 6 month sub each. <span>:smiley:</span>
    No results for this poll
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
Tagged:

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Mobiles bar for CC would be insanely good.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Some great ideas here. They could call it something like "The enhanced client". 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    DJAd said:
    :D
    -Arroth
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    DJAd said:
    But with true CC Graphics.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730

Bilbo said:
    DJAd said:
    But with true CC Graphics.
    I could live with that
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46

cc/new program and ec/pincos need to be fair with there development. there is no excuse to forget about cc or make one client so much better than the other. it is not a good business practice.

Now that they have proved we can have a bigger screen with CC Graphics there should be no reason why they can't let the player select which Graphic to use with the EC.  EC UI with CC Graphics would be a win for UO.  With everything they have added to the CC and UO I rarely ever load UOAssist
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited April 2018
    • Easier Targetting and Enemy bar options for CC - mainly in PvP. Not much else needs changing.

Not interested in EC, even with it's additional features, and terrible graphics, it still does not play right. It's slow and cumbersome to play. The UO engine is far superior for fast fun smooth movement.

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Cookie said:
    • Not interested in EC, even with it's additional features, and terrible graphics, it still does not play right. It's slow and cumbersome to play.
    Huh??? In the other thread you said (and I quote)

"So we are in a situation many players are forced to use EC, even though they hate it, because they need the speed."

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/559/#Comment_559

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    People just like to bash the EC.
    -Arroth
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    The only thing I personally want to be added to the EC is the KR graphic.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    This is about CC upgrades, people. Sheesh..
    InLor said:
    This is about CC upgrades, people. Sheesh..
    What is a "CC"? :D :) ;)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    DJAd said:
    Cookie said:
    • Not interested in EC, even with it's additional features, and terrible graphics, it still does not play right. It's slow and cumbersome to play.
    Huh??? In the other thread you said (and I quote)

"So we are in a situation many players are forced to use EC, even though they hate it, because they need the speed."

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/559/#Comment_559

Hi DJAD,

You are completely correct, I've said both, I've also explained that before.

EC is misleading, it plays in a very slow cumbersome way, in comparison to if you were playing in CC, yet when put against CC, it is actually faster, I know that sounds strange.

So I'm saying EC is physically faster, yet seems to play in a clunky way, CC plays in a nicer way, the graphics engine is nicer, but slower in reality whilst seeming faster, weird I know. :)

Its like some cars, some cars go fast as hell, yet seem slow, and some go pretty slow, yet it seems you are going at breakneck speed.

I know exactly what you mean. Even though the CC uses old art, few animation frames, etc., it's actually much more playable and smoother in feeling. The running feels properly grounded, whereas in EC it feels like you're sliding over the ground. The only thing the EC has over the CC is functionality. In terms of playability, feel, look, I find it terrible. 
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    auto navigation around obstacles
  • most of the above
    and instant suit switching
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited April 2018
    The ability to switch to grid style containers / backpacks.  That way I don't have to log on EC to shop venders that were stocked in EC.  The filter options would be sweet too. 

A way to check the hue ID in CC would be nice too.

edited April 2018
    So, ("tongue in cheek" remark... ;) ) what a lot of people here seems to want is a CC that pratically has to have almost the same functions of the EC, but with a graphical windows that need a magnifing lens to be usable??? :D
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268

More than anything else... fix player bars in the CC. I'd brown my drawers if I logged on & was able to pull more then 10 health bars (4-5 of my teammates & 4-5 of enemy's we're fighting). Plus, they all rename themselves so u end up with 5 or more of the same players names on them. GRRRRR.

Having to play consciously deciding which teammates bars r pulled for X-heals then how many enemy bars r pulled b/c if a single enemy gets dismounted & I try to poison their mount (pull their bar).... I end up losing a teammate's health bar. Its annoying to say the least.

• That larger game play window was a great start.  It would be nice if they did a little something with each pub.  Doesn't have to be a lot,  just pick one thing to slip in with each release.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Everytime smeone I'm hunting with dies, I lose their bar.  Very annoying at events and stuff.
    BUT if I kill something, that damned bar will stay till I manually close it!   And party bars still go all over the place sometimes

A few more:
    • Increase engine framerate.
    • Locks for all UI elements (the effects bar moves when effects are added, by the way).
    • Add a super light frame for chat with vertical tabs and integrate the new global chat into that. Vertical tabs to avoid crowding the UO gameplay screen. Allow custom tabs.
    • When you mount your pet, don't remove the health bar.
    • When you bandage nearest follower and it's the pet bar you already have open, don't duplicate the bar.
    • Allow for spaces in pet renaming.
    • Show bonus (+time left) on many things that currently are invisible. If you click luck statue, show luck statue bonus in effects with how much time left. If you're in Fel, show Fel bonuses block (+1000 luck, 200% resources, etc.).
    • A temporary "lock target" to all spells (also from macros that don't have a target). I think this would really improve gameplay. So I lock target and on a monster and so long locked/monster is alive(maybe also so long it's in range), when I cast, it targets the monster.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2018
    Cookie said:
    • Easier Targetting and Enemy bar options for CC - mainly in PvP. Not much else needs changing.

Not interested in EC, even with it's additional features, and terrible graphics, it still does not play right. It's slow and cumbersome to play. The UO engine is far superior for fast fun smooth movement.

It's my opinion. The EC is not slow and cumbersome at all, it's faster than the CC. I'll go on record as Ive done in the past by saying, those who give the same tired "I'll only ever play the CC" know exactly why, we all know why. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt, those who say they simply like the CC period, should have no issue with it receiving a weekly version patch ?  which we all know "breaks things". I wonder how a poll asking that would do ? But I do enjoy these threads. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    You are so right @Garth_Grey all CC users are nothing but a bunch of cheaters, oh wait or is it we can not stand all your fugly graphics.
    I said those who give the same tired reasons. That's not everyone. I used to play CC only, until I gave the EC a fair shot and replaced my 1990s style pc.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited April 2018
    As I asked before, please keep this thread about CC updates/fixes. You can start an CC versus EC thread separately. In fact, here is a thread I started: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/728/what-client-do-you-play-cc-or-ec#latest
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    ECUI with a selectable graphics Classic/Enhanced.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    You knew it was going to happen @InLor.  I have tried the EC, in fact I use it when I am sorting stuff in my housr but I am sorry I can not stand the way they have drawn my pets/mobs.  My Blue beetle looks so much nicer in CC rather than me riding a stink bug with its ass in the air.
    I will admit, the Hiryu is horrific in the EC.