[UO.Com] Publish 111 Worldwide

9/20/2021 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 111 will be released worldwide beginning September 22, 2021. If you haven’t already, make sure to check out the release notes. We urge all players to familiarize themselves with the new changes related to pets going wild. This especially applies to pack animals. Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved. The auto stable is an offline facility where pets can be stored till their owner logs back in – it […]

Continue reading...

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk
    Cu Sidhe Pet Costumes
    When will we see these, would have been nice to see them on Baja, Origin and Izumo so we could test them.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @ Mesanna @ Kyronix @ Bleak @ Misk
    Cu Sidhe Pet Costumes
    When will we see these, would have been nice to see them on Baja, Origin and Izumo so we could test them.
    Soon 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    • The offline auto stables are not a part of the transfer process unless a player unloads their pack animals in the world.

this is what a lot of folks were worried about so good to see it will not be an issue.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    So, if I have a bonded beetle with stuff inside, if I log off while dismounted, the beetle will be placed in this special stable and go poof if I don't log in for 24 hours. And if I log off while riding the same beetle, the beetle is safe indefinitely. 
    Do I understand this correctly?
    That is how I also read it @Sliss
    Hopefully they will keep an eye out for auto logging like the old BOD BOTs did
    Does anyone else sometimes log out mounted then come back next day next to your pet ?? I always assume it was just ne getting off and not noticing as i logged but if it just randomly happened could be bad and I'm sure next to impossible to reproduce 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    McDougle said:
    Does anyone else sometimes log out mounted then come back next day next to your pet ?? I always assume it was just ne getting off and not noticing as i logged but if it just randomly happened could be bad and I'm sure next to impossible to reproduce 
    You are not the only one this happens to.
    McDougle said:
    It's been like that for at least a few years.
    McDougle said:
    Logging out after you get the notice that the server is going down can cause this as the server is saved before it goes down.
  • McDougle said:

I've only had that happen when logging in using EC+Pinco's UI. Have never had it happen to me when logging in with CC.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Yep folks are going to lose beetles in power outages and internet service disruptions. 
    Tyrath said:
    Yep folks are going to lose beetles in power outages and internet service disruptions. 
    Only if they are unmounted and loaded with items and service is down more than 24 hours, but guess what if your beetle was loaded and unmounted you would have lost it a lot sooner.  Unloaded pets work just like all the other pets when you log out, AUTO STABLE.  This change gives you longer to get your LOADED packie.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    edited September 2021
    Tyrath said:
    Only if they are unmounted and loaded with items and service is down more than 24 hours, but guess what if your beetle was loaded and unmounted you would have lost it a lot sooner.  Unloaded pets work just like all the other pets when you log out, AUTO STABLE.  This change gives you longer to get your LOADED packie.
    Gosh, people never lose power or internet for more than 24 hours. 

Once again if you are having real life disaster and UO is somehow on your priority list you need help...
  • McDougle said:
    Once again if you are having real life disaster and UO is somehow on your priority list you need help...
    Show me where i said it was a priority? 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Not really a fair comparison. No one would have been playing UO with a loaded pack animal beside them when a hurricane was forecast!
    This only affects people with LOADED pack animals that they are not mounted on.  When autostable was first introduced it did not apply to loaded pack animals. The publish notes at the time said they would go wild if left in game. 
    As far as I was aware that has always been the case. 
  • Not really a fair comparison. No one would have been playing UO with a loaded pack animal beside them when a hurricane was forecast!
    This only affects people with LOADED pack animals that they are not mounted on.  When autostable was first introduced it did not apply to loaded pack animals. The publish notes at the time said they would go wild if left in game. 
    As far as I was aware that has always been the case. 
    They could have been playing when the hurricane hit though. I'm not saying it will happen a lot, but it will happen, just want to be sure that all sides are told so everyone is on the same page. you can dismiss our arguments all you want, but that doesn't invalidate them. and yes, it is a fair comparison

I bow to superfrogs superior intellect and have nothing further to offer 
    McDougle said:
    Yes, true, but UO players enjoy their psychiatric problems.
    From the publish notes: "
    • Bonded pets (Non-pack animal) can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet
    "
    Does this mean that apart from the 24-hour stable, pack animals can also go wild due to loss of loyalty? That would put a crimp into using giant beetles for hunting.
  • Sliss said:
    • Bonded pets (Non-pack animal) can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet
    "
    Does this mean that apart from the 24-hour stable, pack animals can also go wild due to loss of loyalty? That would put a crimp into using giant beetles for hunting.
    sounds like it to me @Sliss

Superfrog said:
    Sliss said:
    "
    sounds like it to me @ Sliss. 

If they are bonded they won't go wild i tested this a lot with my 5 slot scrolled beetle 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Sliss said:
    "
    why?  How many giant beetles have you had go wild during hunting since animal training allowed them to go to 5 slot?
    Superfrog said:
    Tyrath said:

LMAO  So let me explain this so maybe you can understand.
    When you lost power with loaded Packies/unmounted Beetle they would not loas long because they would go wild and poof in less than 24 hours.  Do you understand that?
    Now with this Publish you have 24 hours to save your pet.  Do you understand that?
    With your little what if you would lose your loaded Packies/unmounted Beetle anyway just not as fast with the new Pub.  Do you understand that?
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    edited September 2021

Superfrog said:
    Tyrath said:

When you lost power with loaded Packies/unmounted Beetle they would not loas long because they would go wild and poof in less than 24 hours.  Do you understand that?
    Now with this Publish you have 24 hours to save your pet.  Do you understand that?
    With your little what if you would lose your loaded Packies/unmounted Beetle anyway just not as fast with the new Pub.  Do you understand that?
    Oh, i understand just fine, my point is this, people will lose pets to this change and i am good with that. just making sure that people are fully aware. do you understand that?
    Sliss said:
    "
    What.  You are hunting with a 5 Slot Beetle or a pack of Beetles?  You do understand that before this Pub that if you logged out with items in the Beetles packs that they would have gone wild and poofed very quickly and now with the new pub you have 24 HOURS.  Bonded or not you will lose them if they have items in them.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited September 2021
     Again not uncommon for rural folks to lose power for a couple of days.  I have never lost a beetle loaded or empty when the power has gone out for multiple days. It is hardly a disaster when a storm that rolls through drops a couple dozen trees across the power lines on a dirt road 5 miles to the North and knocks power out to half the county.  Its actually quite normal.  And while Urban may make up the majority of the player base there are a significant number of us that don't live packed together like sardines that play UO and deal with things that City and town folk can't get their minds around. In town they have the city crews and a big electric company to get power back up fast.  Out here we have 3 linemen that cover 2 counties from a small electric co-op and a Road Commissioner that may or may not be drunk and passed out in town.
    I live in a town of less than 5k but have multiple devices with batteries and a cell phone that can act as a hot spot is $hit gonna happen of course but for 99.9% of people 99.9% of the time this is a great thing why continue to look for what can go wrong when it's been addressed repeatedly? Do you just want to hear you're right and I'm wrong??
    Superfrog said:

Superfrog said:
    Tyrath said:

Oh, i understand just fine, my point is this, people will lose pets to this change and i am good with that. just making sure that people are fully aware. do you understand that?
    REALLY you sure fooled a lot of us with your OMG what if, like you know a bad storm is coming and you have to play UO and not pack up your important stuff and get out of there.  LMAO.